As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stay a while, and listen! Diablo 3

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    What about rubes?

Will there be any rubes in the game?

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    I am so close to magic lasers.

Tomorrow night, I will be PEW PEW PEW

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Zek wrote:
    Hitting a big mob point blank with all 3 plague toads seems pretty broken. I guess WDs don't have any defensive skills though so it'll be real dangerous to do that later on.

I don't know, I bet you could build a sort of short range spell WD with the right runes/passives/equipment. Firebats and plague frogs, some defense stuff.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    captaink wrote:
    Zek wrote:
    Hitting a big mob point blank with all 3 plague toads seems pretty broken. I guess WDs don't have any defensive skills though so it'll be real dangerous to do that later on.

I don't know, I bet you could build a sort of short range spell WD with the right runes/passives/equipment. Firebats and plague frogs, some defense stuff.

One of the zombie dog runes lets them take 70% of your damage for you, for example.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZgYdbV!ZfX!acbcYb

captaink on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    captaink wrote:
    captaink wrote:
    Zek wrote:

One of the zombie dog runes lets them take 70% of your damage for you, for example.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZgYdbV!ZfX!acbcYb

I hope that stacks with the 'spells cost 50/50 health/mana' passive as well.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    monks become even more fun when you unlock exploding palm

truly ridiculous fun

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Played a little bit of monk earlier, it's the last class I hadn't gotten to. My current favorite is still Wizard. I think Barbarian is next, Blizzard really nailed the punchy, bloody, kinetic feel of it. After that, it depends on how good a fixed-up Demon Hunter is. If they're fixed up good, I might even like them over Barb. Monk will be good for multiplayer/support shenanigans. Witch Doctor is good too, just not my fave. I think their spells need balancing so that Frogs isn't so dominant, but the skill calculator looks different from the beta so I guess that will happen at some point.

captaink on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    i want every class to have something that can kill on its own by like, spreading

like the white exploding palm thing that spreads fire damage and then those who catch on fire can explode as well

or the haunt rune for witch doctor where when the spirits kill someone they jump to the next nearest guy

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    nealcm wrote:
    i want every class to have something that can kill on its own by like, spreading

like the white exploding palm thing that spreads fire damage and then those who catch on fire can explode as well

or the haunt rune for witch doctor where when the spirits kill someone they jump to the next nearest guy

There are runes that add this to a fair amount of skills. I know I saw it on a Cleave rune.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote:
    Do skills improve at all while you level?
    Other than runes I mean.
    Will plague toads ever be more than 3 toads?

While I don't miss the cookie cutter aspect of investing in skills, I do sorta miss seeing them grow.
    Like when I took inferno all the way to 30(20?) with one of my sorceresses so that it went off screen.

stuff like range or number of projectiles doesn't increase aside from runestone stuff, as far as I can tell.
    And I think you're thinking of Firewall in D2, and the max skillpoints you could put into a spell was 20, but they could go higher than that after you factored in + to skills items.

No I mean inferno, the flame thrower spell.

If you cap it out, it goes off screen.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    haunt normally does that, the rune just gets the spirits to hang out for awhile waiting for a new guy to come along.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    the demon hunter's damage buff spreads if you rune it

so, yeah i guess they need some changes because that's way more boring than exploding/burning guys

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I want this game so bad

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    The servers are down oh no

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    maybe more beta invites???

• Options
    sign of the beta(for everyone else but zen)

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    hopefully it's an update to the current skill changes

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I don't know if I could really get behind 4 to 5 months of beta with just level 13.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I can. I will take that beta and I will test the fuck out of it

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:
    I can. I will take that beta and I will test the fuck out of it

everybody else already has

• Options
    I don't know if I could really get behind 4 to 5 months of beta with just level 13.

I believe they intended for people to quit fast, what with them mostly just wanting to see if your hardware was compatible.

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I am quite pleased mine is. Its a three year old machine so I was a little worried. Saying that it, is a blizzard game.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    I have to turn down textures, but really at the camera distance that the game is played at, I don't even notice.

I wish I could set them to be high for the character select screen though.
    Nev, tell them I said that please.

TheStig on
  • Options
    i got a lot of disjointed framerate drops in spikes when i first started playing the beta

but now it never lags anymore??

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I have a silly question, but last night I was having issues with the chat system. I was also drinking, so that might have played a part in it.

When you're in a public game how do you use the /say command in chat? I tried /say...it didn't work. It went to /party chat. I could do whisper, party, and there was group I think, but no /say.

Also, more people need to friend me or whatever because playing in groups is fun.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

M rating makes sense, the game is kinda bloody.

And online play is going to be filled with the worst kind of hatespeech.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    mexican jew lizards

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    D1 and D2 were M, weren't they?

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    they were rated D

for Diablos

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote:
    mexican jew lizards

Rolling a Witch Doctor named Chuwero tonight.

• Options
    will he eat and fuck shit

• Options
  • Options
    Hunter wrote:
    I have a silly question, but last night I was having issues with the chat system. I was also drinking, so that might have played a part in it.

When you're in a public game how do you use the /say command in chat? I tried /say...it didn't work. It went to /party chat. I could do whisper, party, and there was group I think, but no /say.

Also, more people need to friend me or whatever because playing in groups is fun.

/g is for /game. That will talk to everyone in your current game. /p is party and is people you have grouped up with intentionally, not pubbies that join your game.

• Options
    also you can hit tab when you bring up a message box and it'll cycle through all your available channels.

sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    "yes uncle, you've been telling me about the texts since I was five years old, I just don't think we should read too much into them"

Bitch the dead and rising and demons and crawling out of the earth. What more do you want?

TheStig on
  • Options
    TheStig wrote:
    "yes uncle, you've been telling me about the texts since I was five years old, I just don't think we should read too much into them"

Bitch the dead and rising and demons and crawling out of the earth. What more do you want?

I just find this whole "lord of terror coming to eat me thing" a little contrived, you know?

• Options
    also oh man guys I really want to see what diablo looks like this time around

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Rolo wrote:
    also oh man guys I really want to see what diablo looks like this time around

Unfortunately they didn't have time to finish him, so they're just going to use the Ragnaros model.

TheStig on
  • Options
    the placeholder ragnaros with the tiny wee legs