As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Preventative Actions to Dramatically Decrease the Odds of Encouraging a Premature Death.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Well, to clarify, I don't like feeling like it takes effort to keep control.

lfYVHTd.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    like, I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty envious

but I think you already knew that

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Of what, my family? Yeah, they're pretty great.

lfYVHTd.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I really really really do not enjoy being drunk.

I enjoy whiskey and scotch and being buzzed is cool.

But just flat out drunk, no, I do not enjoy.

I do not enjoy not feeling in control. Which is why when I drop acid, it's going to be with my dad, because he is going to make tea and walk me through it. Because he knows and respects psychadelics and taught me they are very much not recreational substances.

I sort of like being shit faced sometimes

I'm pretty good at keeping control of myself when removed from my regular state of mind though

I don't mind being buzzed but getting shitfaced like I used to in high school just isn't for me any more. That and I'm a big ole bitch when it comes to hangovers.

I also don't like taking medicine that makes you sleepy like NyQuil or anything, even though I'm on hydrocodone right now. I also dislike weed a lot because it put me to sleep so quickly and I think it smells terrible.

JtgVX0H.png
    Vicodin and me are bros. We hang out sometimes.

lfYVHTd.png
    I don't get people who say it smells super bad though

like, it just smells super planty?

also it can vary a lot

smells way better than gasoline and other chemical shit anyway

I hear people saying all the time "oh yeah I love how my sharpie smells"

yeah that's because it's literally forcing your braincells into a chokehold you twit

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    I don't get people who say it smells super bad though

like, it just smells super planty?

also it can vary a lot

smells way better than gasoline and other chemical shit anyway

I hear people saying all the time "oh yeah I love how my sharpie smells"

yeah that's because it's literally forcing your braincells into a chokehold you twit

I don't know, it just reminds me of sweat or something. I can't really describe it, but yes, it's better than like gasoline and other chemical-smelling things.

JtgVX0H.png
    Sweat? Man, look, come down to california, we'll show you what's up

lfYVHTd.png
    Well, I can't smoke anymore anyways due to my job. I do wish I could smoke with my wife sometimes, like maybe before bed or something. I think that'd make for a great sleep.

JtgVX0H.png
    yeah that sounds like terrible fucking weed

if it doesn't smell like oranges and wet grass then you're doing it wrong

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    I feel like I've been spoiled by what's available so easily here.

lfYVHTd.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    smoking thread, eh?

what's up smoking thread

getting all up inside of you

Well it was originally an anti-smoking thread

whoops

lfYVHTd.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    oh wait now it's about drugs

I've done some weeds guys

smoked a few pots, had a mary jane and did a drug

rane aren't you a busdriving cop or something

don't you citizen arrest on the regular

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    my job just HELLS of increased a rule about bringing drinks on the bus

they are SUPER serious about it

FIRE YOU IF YOU DON'T ENFORCE THIS
    serious

it is going to cause violence, the passengers are going to lose their fucking minds on monday :\

yeah that sounds like terrible fucking weed

if it doesn't smell like oranges and wet grass then you're doing it wrong

I live in the boonies here, cut me some slack.

JtgVX0H.png
    like seriously

you may no longer bring bottles, thermoses, or any sealable bottles on the bus, unless it's never been opened

no thermoses
    no sports bottles
    no bottles of water

the job is slowly becoming less fun than it used to be

change of scenery is in the works maybe

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    What the fuck is the reasoning behind that Rane?

I would guess so you don't bring bombs or flammable liquids on board or something?

JtgVX0H.png
    I cannot get a straight answer about that

policies made by people who sit in offices all day

Darmak wrote:
    I would guess so you don't bring bombs or flammable liquids on board or something?

haha what no

groceries: allowed
    any bags: not checked
    bigass coat: who cares

oh I'm sorry sir you can't have that half empty bottle of water on the bus, it's been previously opened

Hey, I was just throwing out dumb ideas

JtgVX0H.png
    what about flasks

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    how do you prove that a flask hasn't been opened

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The only thing I could think of is maybe there's too many spilled drinks? But if that was the case why the fuck would they be hush hush about it?

we actually did a test run of the rule a few weeks ago, when it wasn't YOU'RE FIRED IF YOU DON'T ENFORCE IT

nobody enforced it because it was such a ridiculous amount of hassle for no reason

it is 95 degrees and 100% humid guys, people kind of want to have a drink

so me, being a lover of rules, did my best to enforce it for a few days
    result: more trash on the bus, lots more, which I think was in protest
    more altercations with passengers, like 1000% more, likie 10000000% more
    more phone calls to HQ about the rule

and we have to use dumbass lingo to explain it, because management refuses to accept the fact that they change any rules or policies, but they say that the ENFORCEMENT has changed, and even that sometimes doesn't fly in the wake of such an outright lie

you've never been able to bring open liquids on the bus, which pisses off some people with coffees, but it's understandable, it's an open container of a big metal brick that sways and jerks all day long, so most passengers just deal with it and understand it, but now they can't bring annnnnyyy drinks on unless they've never been opened

the test enforcement was a colossal disaster, everyone said as much, everyone told the bosses this
    and yet here we are :|

the best part of it all is that the buses regularly get to 90-95 degrees. It's florida, the doors are constantly being opened, no windows are openable and there are dozens of people on at all times, and the AC frankly can't cope (because we have whiny+lazy mechanics, but it's not ALL their fault)

so the buses get hot as shit sometimes

and we work up to 12 hour shifts

so the DRIVERS can have a bottle of water

that sits right up front in the cup holder next to our faces trying to explain how bottles of water aren't allowed any more
    and that doesn't make me feel like a hypocritical dickhead at all :|

That really sucks, dude.

JtgVX0H.png
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    as if bus drivers dont get dumped on enough

ive seen some shit in my time as someone who catches buses on the reg

I've only ever been on a school bus but I'm pretty sure if I ever rode a public one I'd be polite as hell to the driver.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Once I caught a bus in America. It was hilarious!

The bus was full so it didn't stop to pick up passengers, but a woman thought it would so she didn't pull the cord or whatever to signal that she wanted off, so she missed her stop.

So what does she do? She starts screaming at the driver about how she's in labour and that it has to stop to let people on.

The driver just calmly repeated something like, "The bus is at full capacity, I can't let anyone else on. If you want to get off, pull the cable to let me know" as she kept yelling and screaming at him.

The best part? Because she didn't pull the cord or whatever, he kept driving past several stops until someone else wanted to get off.

broken image link
    Beasteh wrote:
    as if bus drivers dont get dumped on enough

ive seen some shit in my time as someone who catches buses on the reg

I keep my bus in line by reminding them politely that I am allowed to leave them in the middle of Shitholesburg, Rapeistan

madam would you like to be left right here between this pawn shop and this liquor store?
    no?
    my goodness then you better shut the fuck up hadn't you

Once I caught a bus in America. It was hilarious!

The bus was full so it didn't stop to pick up passengers, but a woman thought it would so she didn't pull the cord or whatever to signal that she wanted off, so she missed her stop.

So what does she do? She starts screaming at the driver...

all day every day
    yeah we'll be back at your stop in like an hour, lady
    and then they drop into super sonic
    I get threatened by burly men daily
    and lots of things no longer phase me

like any accidents at all

I could plow into the side of a car running a red light and all the tires could fall off so my bus is roaring down the road with a shitty miata on the grill and sparks flying out the back

and I'd be like

:| did i leave my porch light on? hmm

Goddamnit Rane, you made me choke on orange juice

JtgVX0H.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Rane, you are a crazy bastard. In a good way,
    I'd sig part of one of those posts for sure if we still had sigs.

• stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    I am polite to all the drivers on my bus line, because people should be polite to one another.

My favourite driver is this old guy who 6 months after I started catching the line, disappeared to go on a holiday for maybe a month tops.
    When he came back he had a massive beard which has never disappeared since. It is awesome.
    Then he had his sleeves rolled up and had big tattoos. He is cool dude.

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    psychadelic drugs are my favorite recreational thing and i enjoy smoking as much as i hate to admit it and i love drinking but uh oh i have diabetes and am going to die and go to hell oh well shit happens im sure ill stop doing things eventually probably not woops

Reminds me of the one party I went to in highschool. This diabetic girl was there, everyone was suppose to watch how much she was drinking. Then they didn't. So she passed out falling face-first into the lawn and was out cold for a day and a half.

Yay self-control.

Yay friends watching out for you.

• zen-zen- Registered User regular
    I gave up smoking for a couple of months last year, and then I somehow tricked myself into smoking again

gonna try again soon once I finish all this duty-free tobacco I bough

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i dont smoke or do drugs and drink maybe a single beer every few weeks

and i will still probably die young of cancer (genetic predisposition)