As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Wha wha whaaa, no Vindictus thread?

1232425262729»

• AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Did they ever come out with the EX mode or whatever that a couple videos were posted about right after release?

The faster pace and more enemies looked pretty sweet.

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The amount of content they added in the last 3 patches is more than the original game had by half. It's ridiculous.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My understanding is that ex sucks. The aerial combat is lame and the game is actually a lot easier because you attack faster and the enemies attack slower. It's apparently flopped in Korea, but this is all just random forum scuttlebutt.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • flammiebcflammiebc Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Arkady wrote: »
    <fedex quest rant>

Just did this last night, and even though it's nothing but running back and forth, that whole sequence still gave more xp than running dungeons by far. Almost 41, and then it's time to get owned by giant spiders...

With the amount of content available, they should probably look at balancing the level progression rate; certain level ranges tend to get bogged down, the late 30s being a prime example. The first truly difficult boss didn't show up until 40, and due to it being difficult, no one wants to run it :P

flammiebc on
    Switch: SW-7753-7176-1119
    PSN: LucidStar_BC
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    yeah, the entirety of the 30's are just fuckoff boring and grindy

PiptheFair on
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Something something, there are no tokens for a month, spanning april 26 to may 26? or something like that.

I picked Vind back up just cause stamina systems in free action mmos annoy the everloving shit out of me.

Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • ZombieSheepZombieSheep Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    How's the state of the game currently? I thinking of checking this out since I missed this when it first open.

ZombieSheep on
  • MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    This game is sweet, I still play it all the time, but the endgame is getting more difficult every release in terms of content, economy, item requirements, etc. Glas raid is difficult enough that I don't have fun while doing it. The item requirements are just becoming go F yourself obnoxious. A piece of armor from the end sets is 1-5m a piece barring some outliers, then another 5m a piece on the best enchants which have a 50% chance of failing and 20% chance of breaking the item all together if you fail. You cannot contribute to end game hero missions without at least a +10 enchanted weapon which is like 20m + 4-10m in enchants which again may break the weapon. When boat 9 armor comes out I am never going to change my armor set. My +10 P/V Dreamwalker staff is never going to change either. The amount of money and time to create new stuff is not worth it.

They really need to change these item system. Take out the failure chances and raise the costs to the correspond. Its such a brutal unfun system.

• Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Mugaaz wrote:
    This game is sweet, I still play it all the time, but the endgame is getting more difficult every release in terms of content, economy, item requirements, etc. Glas raid is difficult enough that I don't have fun while doing it. The item requirements are just becoming go F yourself obnoxious. A piece of armor from the end sets is 1-5m a piece barring some outliers, then another 5m a piece on the best enchants which have a 50% chance of failing and 20% chance of breaking the item all together if you fail. You cannot contribute to end game hero missions without at least a +10 enchanted weapon which is like 20m + 4-10m in enchants which again may break the weapon. When boat 9 armor comes out I am never going to change my armor set. My +10 P/V Dreamwalker staff is never going to change either. The amount of money and time to create new stuff is not worth it.

They really need to change these item system. Take out the failure chances and raise the costs to the correspond. Its such a brutal unfun system.

Enchants breaking your stuff is some kind of Korean MMO staple and I seriously wish they would stop doing it.

• RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    The only reason it exists is to encourage you to buy cash shop items that will protect the item or lower the chance of failure. From my experience it's almost entirely based on that. I can only think of a few games that had it that were not free to play, and in those games it wasn't a huge burden. Phantasy Star Online/Universe was similar with grinding, but weapons were fairly common so it wasn't a big deal to break one.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
    Riale wrote:
    The only reason it exists is to encourage you to buy cash shop items that will protect the item or lower the chance of failure. From my experience it's almost entirely based on that. I can only think of a few games that had it that were not free to play, and in those games it wasn't a huge burden. Phantasy Star Online/Universe was similar with grinding, but weapons were fairly common so it wasn't a big deal to break one.

The cash shop items only work until +10, after that its pure luck. Sure +11-14s breaking causes people to buy those tokens to remake a 10 to a large degree, but I dont think that it was designed as a way to monetize. There are multiple signs pointing to it just being some cultural staple of the asian mmo and it being done out of a sense of tradition.

The worst part is how ludicrously better a +15 weapon is than a +10, or a +10 vs a +5. One guy with a +15 is worth like 3-4 people with +5s in some encounters when the monster def value gets high enough. Most batshit insane part is that season 10 makes +11-15 weapon bonuses EVEN GREATER. What are they thinking.

• Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Mugaaz wrote:
    Riale wrote:

The cash shop items only work until +10, after that its pure luck. Sure +11-14s breaking causes people to buy those tokens to remake a 10 to a large degree, but I dont think that it was designed as a way to monetize. There are multiple signs pointing to it just being some cultural staple of the asian mmo and it being done out of a sense of tradition.

The worst part is how ludicrously better a +15 weapon is than a +10, or a +10 vs a +5. One guy with a +15 is worth like 3-4 people with +5s in some encounters when the monster def value gets high enough. Most batshit insane part is that season 10 makes +11-15 weapon bonuses EVEN GREATER. What are they thinking.
    It is wierd cause it creates some really glaring game imbalances when the lucky guy who got a couple good enchants on his weapon is literally doing damage that is orders of magnitude better then anyone else. Why would you do that? It makes it almost impossible to balance an encounter when the damage ranges are that extreme

Who-Psyd wrote:
    Mugaaz wrote:
    Riale wrote:

It is wierd cause it creates some really glaring game imbalances when the lucky guy who got a couple good enchants on his weapon is literally doing damage that is orders of magnitude better then anyone else. Why would you do that? It makes it almost impossible to balance an encounter when the damage ranges are that extreme

I agree, with a +15 weapon you can literally do more damage than the other 7 people in a pug raid.

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    So Vindictus is now in closed beta in Europe, *finally*. I see y'all got bored by it months ago, but for the rest of the world this shit is pretty exciting. It's far more action-y than Dragon Nest and the graphics are beautiful. It also has some fun challenges early on with Hard Modes. I just solo'd that red wolf guy on Hard and I got killed twice. I still got an A rank, but I was getting outclassed.

Two things annoy me so far: [1] All those crafting mats. I think I need to make friends with someone just to share all this crafting shit. [2] Xbox Controller scheme is not supported by in-game tutorial and I keep zooming in by accident as I maneuver around bosses.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    If any euroPeAn wants a key to try it just send me a PM.
    Be carefull: you must redeem it before next 19th September to enter the closed beta.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Hell I still play Vindictus, games awesome. Shame its split, though. companies need to stop doing that.

steam_sig.png
  • ShanadeusShanadeus Registered User regular
    Just two classes available for EU beta, aren't there three in the NA version?

I sure hope EU version won't be lagging 6-12 months after the NA version :/

edited September 2011
    Triple post

Shanadeus on
    edited September 2011
    God, what's wrong with my browser.

Shanadeus on
    edited September 2011
    Shanadeus wrote:
    Just two classes available for EU beta, aren't there three in the NA version?

I sure hope EU version won't be lagging 6-12 months after the NA version :/

That's so weird, I mean: there's already a perfectly functional English client in the US, yet we get to play with their build from a year ago?

Also:in Korea they have like 5 classes :P

Aldo on
    US has 4, Korea has 5 I want to say.

steam_sig.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    So, at what point does grouping actually become a benefit, not a detriment to fun? I've only just hit the second area, but so far, even on Hard, everything is so simple you pretty much have to do mission solo on Hard to even be bothered by bosses and the sections before them are people competing who can run ahead fastest so they get to actually kill shit and not just pick up loot. :(
    Admittedly, coming into this from Monster Hunter, so the difficulty discrepancy is understandable, but I'd like grouping to make the missions more fun, not remove it by making them trivial.

Dunno, I found myself soloing well into the high 20s without a reason to bother otherwise. Big chapter bosses and such later on take a good deal of face bashing so those are usually when grouping comes to play.

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2011
    So the EU version just went gold with 2 classes and a nasty bug that makes it so you don't get your report card at the end of a mission. Still: it's so good.

The boob slider on the female character is in poor taste. I don't like playing as a female character if we're going to appeal to the young horny boys demographic this blatantly.

Aldo on
    I dunno, breasts are a feature of a female. Its something that should be customizeable if they want to go the full spectrum. Though it isn't as thorough as some games are, it gives a good few choices. I mean Fiona at least has awesome reasonable armor. Evie gets downright ridiculous in her attire, but there are sometimes reasonable alternatives. Sometimes.

steam_sig.png
    I dunno, breasts are a feature of a female. Its something that should be customizeable if they want to go the full spectrum. Though it isn't as thorough as some games are, it gives a good few choices. I mean Fiona at least has awesome reasonable armor. Evie gets downright ridiculous in her attire, but there are sometimes reasonable alternatives. Sometimes.

I'm sorry but when your only options are height,hair colour and style, skin color and gloss, eye color, eyebrow style and color and boob size it is not your goal to allow tinkering with all features of a female. It would be less weird if we could tinker with more options, but now it's just a cheap way to get boys excited.

Is the EU beta actually still running? Neither myself nor two of my friends have managed to log in for over a week. First it timed out, now it just goes "bleh! Login failed, bugger off!" for all of us.

Aldo wrote:

I'm sorry but when your only options are height,hair colour and style, skin color and gloss, eye color, eyebrow style and color and boob size it is not your goal to allow tinkering with all features of a female. It would be less weird if we could tinker with more options, but now it's just a cheap way to get boys excited.

And yet all the females I know who play (About six of them) spent more time tinkering with it than any guy I know, who basically just randomly chose stuff and hit play. Most females who don't feel the need to feel offended purely on the basis of being offended actually seem to enjoy it too. Because, hey, much like some men want to be stacked and muscly or something, some chicks do want to pretend they have big racks.

steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aldo wrote:

More games need a "package size" slider.

Well, I had fun until I got stuck at the end of a level without being able to finish it three times in a row.

Echo wrote:
    Aldo wrote:

More games need a "package size" slider.

Well, I had fun until I got stuck at the end of a level without being able to finish it three times in a row.
    Known bug right now. Consider this the big "is NexusEU a company I'm willing to give a dime to?"-test. If they fail to fix this within a week they are dimwits. It's already ridiculous that we don't have the same build as the US.

Maybe they need to balance the classes individually for each region. Also, they have to put in shitloads of extra "u"s into the translation, don't forget about that.

I'm sure its all those extra U's. They probably add them into the code itself, hence the different client.

steam_sig.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    European is a complicated language, needs time to translate it properly.

edited October 2011
    So the OFFICIAL Launch is tomorrow, also bringing us Evie.

So what we're playing now is not open beta, but also not official launch. So uh, unofficial launch? pre-launch launch? wtf?

At least it means they'll have a chance to fix the bug we were talking about here.

Aldo on
  • VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    So apparently they just released Kai, the Archer. I just got back into the game, and man, it's changed. For the better.

AP now can be gained by logging out. X set per day.
    Controls are much more responsive, due to network fixes.
    Haven't really found that I needed to buy anything, which is awesome.

If anyone is still looking to play this, hit me up on steam. VaregaDiablo

League of Legends:Varega