As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ICO/SOTC Collection

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Keith wrote:
    The God of War PSP games are supposed to be great and they look just as good as the PS2 Collection did

Well

still kind of immaterial since as I said before I ain't got no money

and any money I acquire in the near future is going to Batman

I'll accept that

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Are the GoW PSP games any good? I loved console games.

BLM - ACAB
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    they're both supposed to be amazing

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    oh!

I guess in that case I might do Resistance? Iunno.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still be doing it when MGS Collection comes out

although probably not since it's not sony exclusive

but maybe!
    Resistance is butts

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I really enjoyed GoW: Chains of Olympus, I'd put it above GoW1 actually. It's really short though, even by God of War standards.

Definitely going to pick up the Origins Collection.

Darric on
    I tried out Chains of Olympus but couldn't get into it on the PSP. I had the same problem with Metal Gear Portable Ops

that's why I'm excited for Peace Walker being in the HD collection

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    Peace walker was so damn good. Are the acid games part of the collection, Keith? I love my some tcg action

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    edited September 2011
    I might not have either, but I borrowed a friend's PSP exclusively to play Chains of Olympus.

Darric on
    edited September 2011
    Edit: whoops

Darric on
    lostwords wrote: »
    Peace walker was so damn good. Are the acid games part of the collection, Keith? I love my some tcg action

Nope

It's MGS2, 3, and Peace Walker

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    That's disappointing. Also that deal makes me mad cause I just ordered the sotc/ico collection two days ago and I probably would have bought the resistance pack ah well

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
    Man, I not only bought it for $40, but blew my Newegg voucher doing it, and then realized after it shipped that I could have just bought it through work for $10.

And then Newegg dropped the price to $35 almost immediately.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Well apparently I preordered this like a month or so ago and completely forgot about that. Yay!

uc3ufTB.png
    Really wish I had 60 bucks right now to get those two collections.

BLM - ACAB
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    I wonder how much PS3s will be on Black Friday. I wonderrrrr.

I wa wa wa wa wonderrr

Keith wrote:
    I wa wa wa wa wonderrr

why

BLM - ACAB
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Balefuego wrote:
    oh!

I guess in that case I might do Resistance? Iunno.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll still be doing it when MGS Collection comes out

although probably not since it's not sony exclusive

but maybe!
    Resistance is butts

Resistance 3 was surprisingly good, but I haven't played the first two.

Also, I have really poor impulse control and bought ICO/SotC last night at Fry's for 30 bones.

mrsatansig.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I just killed colossus 11

it's weird, I could have sworn there was a second electric eel colossus, and I remember thinking "wow that's kind of phoned in, why do I basically have to do the same fight twice?"

but there clearly isn't so I don't know why I have that impression

fuck yes

okay I know I said I was trying to forget that the Last Guardian existed until it's out but this game has caused me to fail spectacularly and urgh when is it coming ooouuuuuutttt

Oh, speed! what did that vow last? a day?

mrsatansig.png

no that was just me explaining my on-going policy

it lasted a few months!

• freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote:

Yeah, all the local retailers are sold out. And this is Myrtle Beach, which isn't exactly a haven for quieter, more introspective games.

Then again, maybe they just didn't order any and underestimated the demand? Who knows.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I loved the Resistance 2 coop.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Why can't I already have whimsical adventures with a giant birdcat

it lasted a few months!

liar! live with your shame! accept it! embrace it!

mrsatansig.png
    Thetheroo wrote:

Yeah, all the local retailers are sold out. And this is Myrtle Beach, which isn't exactly a haven for quieter, more introspective games.

Then again, maybe they just didn't order any and underestimated the demand? Who knows.

it should be pointed out that the sales data being referenced there is only parsed from Amazon, so it may not be the top selling game in the US.

mrsatansig.png

it lasted a few months!

can't I'm too busy watching these trailers on continuous loop

look at how goddamn animated that griffin is

is

is it taking a shit at the :35 mark of video 2

do I get to clean up turds that are bigger than myself

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular

it lasted a few months!

is

Only until it dies tragically leaving you a shattered husk.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1

it lasted a few months!

is

No FUCK YOU

I mean really I know the joke is that there's no way it will end well but really I mean

ICO had a happy ending

a weird happy ending

but a happy ending all the same!

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular

it lasted a few months!

is

No FUCK YOU

I mean really I know the joke is that there's no way it will end well but really I mean

ICO had a happy ending

a weird happy ending

SOTC Spoilers:
    "Poor ungodly soul... Now, no man shall ever trespass upon this place
    again. Should you be alive... If it's even possible to continue to exist
    in these sealed lands... one day, perhaps you will make atonement for
    what you've done."

Shit's gonna hit the fan just like it did there, the kid is fuckn' with things greater than he can understand. I'm thinkn' that beast doesn't mind eating people...

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    edited September 2011
    SOTC Spoilers:
    "Poor ungodly soul... Now, no man shall ever trespass upon this place
    again. Should you be alive... If it's even possible to continue to exist
    in these sealed lands... one day, perhaps you will make atonement for
    what you've done."

Shit's gonna hit the fan just like it did there, the kid is fuckn' with things greater than he can understand. I'm thinkn' that beast doesn't mind eating people...

I mean

it's absolutely possible that TLG is gonna end tragically

I just don't think it's a forgone conclusion

so far they have a 50% rate of happy endings

Speed Racer on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

No FUCK YOU

ICO had a happy ending

a weird happy ending

Hate to break it to you but uhhh
    (Ico spoilers)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-cxgHJlihw

Ico's Ending (Kinda) Conclusively Explained
    okay so it's still pretty open to interpretation, but I don't think that Yorda actually made it out of the castle

uc3ufTB.png
    edited September 2011

No FUCK YOU

ICO had a happy ending

a weird happy ending

Hate to break it to you but uhhh
    (Ico spoilers)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-cxgHJlihw

Ico's Ending (Kinda) Conclusively Explained
    okay so it's still pretty open to interpretation, but I don't think that Yorda actually made it out of the castle

eh
    when something is extremely ambiguous and unclear, like ICO's ending, it's usually meant to convey that the literal meaning isn't all that important

you break out of the stark severe castle and end up on a beautiful white beach, and it's completely open and free of obstacles, in extreme contrast to the castle and Yorda's there and you enjoy some delicious watermelon

That's a happy ending, regardless of if it "actually" happened. There's a reason the guy was quick to say "well that's only one interpretation of the ending."

And even if that is what "really happened," that's still not a tragic ending, it's bittersweet. And honestly so is SotC's ending.
    Wander dies, but is reincarnated with the chance to atone for his sins. Mono gets revived like he was promised, and Dormin is vanquished from the world for good so that that It can not prey on the weakness of mortals any longer. Overall it's a net win, and only feels tragic because the player character is the only casualty.

Speed Racer on
    Yeah that's a good take on things.

I do remember, immediately upon seeing the ending of SotC, turning to my brother and going 'THAT WAS THE WORST ENDING EVER D:'

uc3ufTB.png
    one of my favorite things about SotC

during the ending, a deer walks across the camera

if you look through the end credits, there is someone credited as the Deer Animator

They had a guy whose entire job was to animate the deer that shows up for about two seconds