As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

ICO/SOTC Collection

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    SotC just feels like a trainwreck in slow motion, and I love it because of that.

when is my copy going to arrive urghhh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    SotC just feels like a trainwreck in slow motion, and I love it because of that.

I was blown away when
    I first noticed that Wander was slowly getting black veins across his face and growing horns and looking more and more disheveled with each fight

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I'm really hoping for a griffon version of

I was blown away when
    I first noticed that Wander was slowly getting black veins across his face and growing horns and looking more and more disheveled with each fight
    It seemed so gradual to me, I didn't even notice until the grass started dying beneath my feet when I stood still. It blew my mind, and I started really regretting the quest.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I'm really hoping for a griffon version of

I was blown away when
    It seemed so gradual to me, I didn't even notice until the grass started dying beneath my feet when I stood still. It blew my mind, and I started really regretting the quest.

holy shit what

I never noticed that before

also

fuck the 11th colossus

it's like a bull and a cat put together

fucker rams you against the wall and then while you're lying unconscious bats you around like a dead mouse

it's kind of weird that some of the most difficult fights in the game are against the two smallest colossi

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    The worst colossus for me was the damn worm. Oh yeah, ride this horse while standing on it backwards using your bow and arrow, maintaining the correct speed for the colossus to surface but not so slow it can eat you, while avoiding all the rocks in this cave.

fuck that.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Oh yeah, the little guys are the worst.

Also water levels in video games make me really uneasy so I was flipping out the entire time through the eel colossus.

uc3ufTB.png
    just let the horse steer itself, 90% of the time it can figure out how not to ram into anything all on its own

I did have some trouble with the worm when I fought it last night though and it was completely nuts

I shot its eye, and then it kept going and slammed me and Agro into the wall. I climbed up and stabbed its first weakpoint and then it burrowed underground

I went over to hop on Agro and his leg was sprained. He was doing the animation he does from the ending cutscene and wouldn't let me get on him. So I had to dodge the colossus on foot and get my ass kicked. Eventually he snapped out of it and let me ride him but jeez.

I didn't even know that horse could get hurt. Weird. That game is so full of secret things that the minimalist manual just never hints at.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    yeah it completely threw me

also I had fun going outside the temple, running around in circles, and calling agro's name over and over

I kept getting slightly further away from him which would prompt him to move towards me, but then I'd come back and he'd stop and enter his idling animation

which gave the impression that he felt really awkward being near me while I acted like a crazy person

Can we all agree that the bird colossus was the best fight ever?

Whenever I wanna show the game off I just go to my save right before that fight. It's just insane holding on to this massive living statue that is absolutely screaming through the sky. I caught myself laughing out loud in that fight.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    the bird colossus is fantastic

but the flying sandworm is the best

The flying sandworm is my second favorite only because it'll dive back into the sand and kill the energy. But man, when it starts doing the loops, holy shiiiiit!

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I just killed colossus 11

it's weird, I could have sworn there was a second electric eel colossus, and I remember thinking "wow that's kind of phoned in, why do I basically have to do the same fight twice?"

but there clearly isn't so I don't know why I have that impression

There are 2 fights with Bull colossi, but you fight them in very different ways

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    has no one mentioned this game is in 3D?! I feel like everyone hates 3d except me. I am such a god damn sucker for all things 3D and I love it. Seeing rocks fly towards you as the colossi take a step is awesome.

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    I'm definitely excited to try it in 3D.

wait seriously?

mannn

i need to befriend someone with a 3D tv

uc3ufTB.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    This is a thing I want in on. But I backed the wrong horse, I guess.

Colossus 3, Gaius. That was the best.

And wasn't there one that was completely passive? Like, even once you started wailing on it, it wouldn't (or couldn't) attack you?

Oh brilliant
    This is a thing I want in on. But I backed the wrong horse, I guess.

Colossus 3, Gaius. That was the best.

And wasn't there one that was completely passive? Like, even once you started wailing on it, it wouldn't (or couldn't) attack you?

the final colossus shoots lasers at you until you get close, but once you're actually climbing around on it it's pretty benign

unlike the lousy goddamn 15th colossus where you have to stab the palm of his hand and he's flailing that son of a bitch all over the place

I have fallen off of him 4 times now without being able to get a stab in

woo SotC beaten woooo

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    "triumphant" is maybe not the right tone for having beaten that game

• StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    So I guess this means The Last Guardian can't be far off eh?

I am so stoked for that one

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
    I think the worst sotc thing I've experienced is when I was showing to a friend for the first time

it had been a long time since I've played so we were trading the controller back and forth but I had him play the ending segment

and as soon as he got control of Wander he turned around and ran straight into the vortex

"Wha... why did you that"

"Well I mean I saw where they were going with it and just wanted to get it over with"

ughhhhh

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    My favorite one is probably the fifth one. It wasn't all that hard but it was my most enjoyable one.
    Shorty wrote:

Yeah, no celebrating for me when I finished it.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    My favorite one is probably the fifth one. It wasn't all that hard but it was my most enjoyable one.
    Shorty wrote:

Yeah, no celebrating for me when I finished it.

there was a decent article on the game in an issue of Kill Screen

the subtitle was, "Beating Shadow of the Colossus Tells Us Why We Should Never Have Started"

which is pretty much all that needs to be said

Listen

when you've beaten the thing 5+ times the effect starts to dull

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    Listen

You've been turned into a monster.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
    ohhhh shiiiiiit

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Macro9 wrote:
    Listen

You've been turned into a monster.

:^:

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    I don't think the 3D on my TV is particularly good, but man, SotC in 3D seems like it would be wonderful.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    This game is $24.99 at Best Buy this week. So is God of War: Origins, Resistance pack, and Uncharted pack.

If you bought any of them go and get your price difference.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY :(

• mrmrmrmr nameless protagonist Registered User regular
    Damn $25. But I traded in old games and new ones that didn't do it for me and I payed all of about a buck and a half for it. So I'm happy.

Haven't made much progress in it yet, I want to pace myself. I've never beaten it, but watched my brother do so. I'm currently on the Eel colossus.

Practice Round, my blog where I talk (mostly) about comics.
    p4.png
    This game is $24.99 at Best Buy this week. So is God of War: Origins, Resistance pack, and Uncharted pack.

fuck I bought it at walmart

you know what I'm okay with it

these games deserve money

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

fuck I bought it at walmart

you know what I'm okay with it

these games deserve money

they...they don't make less money when the retailers sell them at a discount

hush keith hushhh

step 1) buy game at Best Buy for $25

step 2) return that sealed copy at Walmart for your full money back

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    how long is the sale

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm enjoying SOTC a lot more than I did on the PS2

I'm going to blame it on the shoddy-ass framerate of the original version

Ico is fantastic as always, nearly done with it

Keith wrote:
    step 1) buy game at Best Buy for $25

step 2) return that sealed copy at Walmart for your full money back

don't think I have the receipt anymore

but I guess I could use the store credit to get groceries for the week