As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[IT'S OVER] The Humble Indie Bundle: Frozen Synapse Edition

StericaSterica YesRegistered User, Moderator mod
edited October 2011 in Games and Technology

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Yes it is time for another bundle! Only this time it's one game.

But hey, it's an AWESOME game and there's a delightful perk if your donation exceeds the average! The entire Frozenbyte bundle. That is quite a steal since the current average is around five bucks.

As always, the games are DRM free, available on a number of ze operating systems and many of the game codes work on Steam.

The last bundle pretty damn crazy, with lots of new games being added along the way. And don't worry, the new games are awarded to you retroactively! So don't worry about missing out because you were an early buyer.

So dive in, enjoy the games and try to donate at least a buck so they don't lose money doing this.

Current Games
Frozen Synapse
Trauma
SpaceChem

Pay Above Average
Trine
Shadowgrounds & Shadowgrounds Survivor
Splot (Preorder)
Jack Claw (Prototype Game)

YL9WnCY.png
Sterica on

• BullioBullio Registered User regular
    I was just thinking 2 days ago that I'd love to see another Humble Bundle. And then this appears. They're getting to Steam levels of mind-reading crazy.

FS on Steam comes with two copies of the game still, right? Can anyone confirm whether this does as well? I'm going to assume it doesn't, but if it does that's awesome.

I already have FS, and Trine, so I basically bought this just for the Shadowgrounds games.

steam_sig.png
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I just put my key into Steam and it's not showing me as having a gift copy of FS.

YL9WnCY.png
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Oh nice, just noticed this includes the FS soundtrack. The game+soundtrack edition goes for $30 on Steam, and the soundtrack itself is $6. I personally didn't find the soundtrack to be anything amazing, but I imagine there are some people out there it would appeal to.

steam_sig.png
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Bullio wrote:
    I was just thinking 2 days ago that I'd love to see another Humble Bundle. And then this appears. They're getting to Steam levels of mind-reading crazy.

FS on Steam comes with two copies of the game still, right? Can anyone confirm whether this does as well? I'm going to assume it doesn't, but if it does that's awesome.

I already have FS, and Trine, so I basically bought this just for the Shadowgrounds games.

It doesn't need two copies. Pay a penny* for a second bundle.

*or, y'know pay more than a penny. jerks

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    frozen synapse is really good

everyone get it

• carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    get it, but not today, servers are dead :(

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
    I think the servers are going to see a spike in activity.

YL9WnCY.png
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    I want them to do games I don't already own!

itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    I'm shocked everyone on my Steam list doesn't now have Frozen Synapse since they are GIVING IT AWAY.

"lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Alegis wrote:
    frozen synapse is really good

everyone get it

This, this, this, this, this. And it's hard to go totally wrong with the rest of the pack either.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Is there an actual link to it in the OP, cause I cant find it. And I am too slow to know where to go on my own.

Link added.

Trauma added to bundle.

YL9WnCY.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    SpaceChem added to the bundle today.

edited October 2011
    Updated!

About a week left to go now. The current average is only $4.64, which nets you six games, a preorder game and a prototype to play with.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Do added games end up magically appearing in my library if I registered the bundle on Steam? Or is there something I have to do?

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Fig-D wrote:
    Do added games end up magically appearing in my library if I registered the bundle on Steam? Or is there something I have to do?

You can request another email, it links you back to the same page with the updated keys.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Heh, yeah. I was just coming back to say nevermind. Right after posting that I got an email from the Bundle folks explaining that the game was added and what I had to do.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I own everything they've thrown into this one, except for Trauma, which I don't find interesting.

Feels weird sitting out on a Humble Bundle.

Drake wrote:
    I own everything they've thrown into this one, except for Trauma, which I don't find interesting.

Feels weird sitting out on a Humble Bundle.

Time to buy a copy and give it away to a friend, For Charity! :p

n1woEHJ.png
    You know, I'm actually considering that.

I already had the 'bonus' games, so I gave them off to a friend and paid a few more dollars as a thanks for helping me share the love. :p

n1woEHJ.png
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh, I got this when I still thought it was just Frozen Synapse. I am thrilled that I'm now effectively getting SpaceChem for free.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Space Chem is the absolute best puzzle game I've ever played. When you come up with a solution to each puzzle, it's a solution that's your very own. There are no "right" solutions or preset solutions that the devs want you to find. It's also one of the most frustrating puzzle games, and it will make you wrack your brain for hours. Everyone should play it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    SpaceChem is super wonderful. It's so good I can't play it anywhere near as much as I'd like. When I do play it, it's suddenly 3am and I haven't eaten at all.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    SpaceChem is super wonderful. It's so good I can't play it anywhere near as much as I'd like. When I do play it, it's suddenly 3am and I haven't eaten at all.
    I once started playing it at around 10PM. I stood up and yawned after a particularly satisfying solution to a puzzle, then I looked over at the clock and saw it was 5 AM. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • SvKSvK Registered User regular
    I own a lot of the games in this bundle. If I buy it, can I give out the extra games individually, e.g. Trine to one friend, SpaceChem to another?

• mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    SvK wrote:
    I own a lot of the games in this bundle. If I buy it, can I give out the extra games individually, e.g. Trine to one friend, SpaceChem to another?

You'll get three Steam keys (assuming you pay above the average). One has Frozen Synapse and Trauma, one has SpaceChem, and the other is the Frozenbyte bundle. You could give away the keys, but you can't give away the individual games in them.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Holy crap space chem ramps up the difficulty quick. I'm kinda scared by how hard it is already

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • carmofincarmofin Registered User regular
    I was very pleased with this, turns out I hate Frozen Synapse, so Spacechem really saved this purchase for me.

PSN | Steam
    ___
    NNID: carmofin
    3DS: 2852 6971 9745
    Throw me a PM if you add me
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Are there supposed to be two emails? I got my order receipt and that is it, I haven't received any emails with any kind of keys in them.

Weird, I didn't realize my delivery email is different from my purchase email.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
    You all have 30 minutes left!

YL9WnCY.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Holy crap space chem ramps up the difficulty quick. I'm kinda scared by how hard it is already

Spending the time to rise to the challenge is immensely rewarding, especially once you're at the fine-tuning stage and you manage to make it on the left side of the production curves. Keep at it! :)

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png