As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Preventative Actions to Dramatically Decrease the Odds of Encouraging a Premature Death.

13»

• TefTef Registered User regular
    zen- wrote:
    I gave up smoking for a couple of months last year, and then I somehow tricked myself into smoking again

gonna try again soon once I finish all this duty-free tobacco I bough

Fucking duty free cigarettes man! They were the catalyst for me smoking again. A carton of durries for $20 I'd be stupid NOT to buy them!

It costs $17 for a pack here :/

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I am so glad I never started smoking

That shit is gross

Sorry, smokers

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote:
    I smoke cigars sometimes

never cigarettes

"I've seen you smoke."

"I don't smoke cigarettes."

Put that body to bed, cd

It most certainly is Sheri, you'll get no argument from me.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Henroid wrote:
    Reminds me of the one party I went to in highschool. This diabetic girl was there, everyone was suppose to watch how much she was drinking. Then they didn't. So she passed out falling face-first into the lawn and was out cold for a day and a half.

Yay self-control.

Yay friends watching out for you.

Yeah, I'm gonna pin that one on being fucking stupid. If you have diabetes, don't do that shit. Take care of yourself and don't go to parties and expect those around you to be a bunch of nannies.

Edit: also, keeping track of how much someone has imbibed at a party is pretty difficult unless you sit there and watch them.

Langly on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I'm drunk right now.

Langly you are in charge of me.

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    I've been smoking regularly for about five years now

I've successfully quit for up to six months, but have had a real hard time giving it up lately

although I am down to one or two every couple days

halp

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Tef wrote:

What about my pipe smoke? It smells delicious (though it doesn't taste nearly as good as it smells, yick)

JtgVX0H.png
    Darmak you're breath will still stink though.

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I go through a pack of gum every 3-4 days. But it's sugar-free, so it's not really bad for me. If anything, the extra saliva keeps my mouth extra clean.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Raneados wrote: »
    like seriously

you may no longer bring bottles, thermoses, or any sealable bottles on the bus, unless it's never been opened

no thermoses
    no sports bottles
    no bottles of water

the job is slowly becoming less fun than it used to be

change of scenery is in the works maybe

yeah, that's stupid bullshit and what's worse is they're demanding that you enforce it, but you blatantly do not have the authority to do so

so they're basically asking you to do the impossible and take all the heat from passengers about the stupid decision as well

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Henroid wrote:
    Reminds me of the one party I went to in highschool. This diabetic girl was there, everyone was suppose to watch how much she was drinking. Then they didn't. So she passed out falling face-first into the lawn and was out cold for a day and a half.

Yay self-control.

Yeah, I'm gonna pin that one on being fucking stupid. If you have diabetes, don't do that shit. Take care of yourself and don't go to parties and expect those around you to be a bunch of nannies.

Edit: also, keeping track of how much someone has imbibed at a party is pretty difficult unless you sit there and watch them.

agreed, that was a terrible plan that was bound to fail and it was her responsibility to not be stupid
    but then, teenagers are generally stupid and terrible

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Man, I'm always sipping water on the metro despite the rule about no food or drink.

Although I don't think they care about water, because even if I spill it it's not going to make any more of a mess than when it's raining. And if I start getting motion sickness (occasionally happens) they'd much rather have me spill water than puke.

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I'm all jaded on preventative measures cause sometimes your body can still fuck you over* but good for you OP.

*On a related note my balls are getting cut open tomorrow.

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote:
    Tef wrote:

What about my pipe smoke? It smells delicious (though it doesn't taste nearly as good as it smells, yick)

Still gross

Slightly less gross than cigars

Dad smoked a pipe for years, then switched to cigars.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    One time I had to stay in a room in a hotel that allowed smoking.

I almost died.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    like seriously

you may no longer bring bottles, thermoses, or any sealable bottles on the bus, unless it's never been opened

no thermoses
    no sports bottles
    no bottles of water

yeah, that's stupid bullshit and what's worse is they're demanding that you enforce it, but you blatantly do not have the authority to do so

so they're basically asking you to do the impossible and take all the heat from passengers about the stupid decision as well

we have the authority to enforce it in the sense that, if they refuse to get off the bus with their drink, we don't move the bus and call the main office, who will come over and talk to them (takes 20 minutes to just get there, then however else long the passenger wants to argue for)

if that still doesn't work, the cops get called

and they have ARRESTED people for refusing to get off a bus

people have gotten ARRESTED over refusing to toss their coffees that they know they're not allowed to have in the first place

and throughout all of this, the passengers actually following the rule have to sit their asses on a stationary bus and just get more and more frustrated

but in the past this hasn't been such a big deal because most people can understand the "no open containers" rule

in all honesty I'd give this new rule the ol' fuck you if they weren't so serious about its enforcement
    to the point where they will have secret riders getting on with a drink and see if you tell them no
    and if you let them ride, you either get reprimanded or fired that day, depending on your status and if you're a full-time driver or part time

they do this with other things as well

• Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I have

blunts

today is a good day

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    I don't dig on cigarettes because I enjoy smelling good.

Like I bought this soap/shampoo/bubble bath

tumblr_lsbou9nyJh1qiuqk1o1_500.jpg

I never don't smell fantastic.

oh i didn't know you were a girl

that explains why you're so bad at videogames, i guess

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod

I've successfully quit for up to six months, but have had a real hard time giving it up lately

halp

every couple of days?

jeeeesus

i can kill a pack and a half a day if i'm not paying attention

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2011
    @tommy2hands: i don't much care for joints or blunt, though they are fun; too inefficient at burning. bubblers and grav bong get me higher on half the bud, but then i'm also a newbie so cooled smoke is much easier to handle for my lungs.

Mortal Sky on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I used to smoke cloves

I love them to bits

I only quit because they're illegal now

thanks obama

well yeah, bubblers and bongs are more fun and conserve material so them over anything else any day

expect I bought these for a party and they are incredibly convenient

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Raneados wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    like seriously

no thermoses
    no sports bottles
    no bottles of water

we have the authority to enforce it in the sense that, if they refuse to get off the bus with their drink, we don't move the bus and call the main office, who will come over and talk to them (takes 20 minutes to just get there, then however else long the passenger wants to argue for)

if that still doesn't work, the cops get called

and they have ARRESTED people for refusing to get off a bus

people have gotten ARRESTED over refusing to toss their coffees that they know they're not allowed to have in the first place

and throughout all of this, the passengers actually following the rule have to sit their asses on a stationary bus and just get more and more frustrated

but in the past this hasn't been such a big deal because most people can understand the "no open containers" rule

in all honesty I'd give this new rule the ol' fuck you if they weren't so serious about its enforcement
    to the point where they will have secret riders getting on with a drink and see if you tell them no
    and if you let them ride, you either get reprimanded or fired that day, depending on your status and if you're a full-time driver or part time

they do this with other things as well

this is absurd

absolutely ridiculous

you can get cloves smuggled easily, @shorty

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Langly wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Yay self-control.

shitty diabetics suck and if you try to make your friends take care of you you are the -worst-

Knob wrote:

halp

every couple of days?

jeeeesus

Oh god
    i wish i could smoke once every day and be content
    I remember a point when that was a thing
    now its -finish smoke- man i sure could go for a cigarette

Maybe i should start smoking those gross hippy smokes and see if they distract me enough

RubberAC on
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    Knob wrote:

halp

every couple of days?

jeeeesus

yes I used to be that way too

that is why being down to one or two every couple days is a pretty big achievement

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    jelly over here

well yeah, bubblers and bongs are more fun and conserve material so them over anything else any day

as soon as I'm in a living situation that lets me own a piece i will buy a sherlock bubbler. love blown glass so much brodude

Mortal Sky wrote:
    you can get cloves smuggled easily, @shorty

yeah, I figured it can't be too hard

especially on the internet

but I haven't had the money to spend on them in months and months

fun story i once had a pack of lucky strikes last five months. so stale.

Mortal Sky wrote:

as soon as I'm in a living situation that lets me own a piece i will buy a sherlock bubbler. love blown glass so much brodude

yeah I love my pipes

I think I'm gonna get a bubbler next, as soon as I have the cash

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:
    Blankzilla wrote:
    I smoke cigars sometimes

never cigarettes

"I've seen you smoke."

"I don't smoke cigarettes."

Put that body to bed, cd

look, I'm not heeling you to hook you

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I switched to electronic cigarettes last night! Woo go me!

Some friends and I were going out drinking, and I can't drink and not smoke, and here there are laws preventing smoking in pretty much any building, so I decided to try it out.

Glad I did, I like it so far. I bough a Strawberry flavored oil for it, so that helps.

I still have a few packs left, and I am going to go ahead and smoke them, but I figure I've got a week tops before I'm done with tobacco cigarettes.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote:
    I don't dig on cigarettes because I enjoy smelling good.

Like I bought this soap/shampoo/bubble bath

tumblr_lsbou9nyJh1qiuqk1o1_500.jpg

I never don't smell fantastic.

oh i didn't know you were a girl

that explains why you're so bad at videogames, i guess
    @Knob is shit gonna have to pop off

Am I gonna have to remind you that Blanka is secretly Balrog's worst matchup

lfYVHTd.png