As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT FILM [CHAT] thread

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    "wow what an idiot" thought the man of the dog
    "wow what an idiot" thought the cat of the man

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    What a cryptic totp.

edited October 2011
    Which in turn is an anagram for "Catch Warp Tit Typo"... You have been cryptified!
    edit: also, I'm torn between two different plots midway into this story I'm writing.... Fffffffffffff

m3nace on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    write both

and then have one be the alternate reality

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    I'll give you an anagram.

I like where this is going.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Have your entire story be an anagram for the second plot.

• webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote:
    24 Hour Comic Daaaaaay!

My "new best friend"/"guy who draws my brain salads" did this. Looks like neat fun!

It's dead, Jim.
    edited October 2011
    Flay wrote:
    Have your entire story be an anagram for the second plot.
    lol
    is a palindrome
    if you flip a palindrome you've got an anagram for the original! REVELATION

m3nace on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    In retrospect, this whole bedroom furniture replacement thing was pretty poorly organized. They came and took away our old Furniture on Saturday. Our new mattress is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. I have no idea when our bed frame and other furniture from Ikea is supposed to show up. So we're currently living with suitcases holding all of our clothes that were in the chest of drawers and dresser. And since our bed is gone we were lucky enough to have a futon in the living room. So I took the mattress off of that and put it on the floor in the bedroom. I can't wait until this whole bedroom ordeal is over.

• F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    I just saw this on reddit, do you guys know what it's from? It's not real is it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUQFX_IydG8

edited October 2011
    Looks like those nuns have

*puts on shades*

some bad habits.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Nappuccino on

• SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I remember hearing about that years ago, I'm pretty sure it's legit.

If I recall it was mostly either South American nuns or somewhere in Asia they were teaching them martial arts for self defense against sexual assault.

That video specifically seems to be the South American one at least.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote:

*puts on shades*

some bad habits.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

way to use up all the nun puns, now there are nun left.

• Travel adventure update (spoilered because I'm sure nobody's all that interested, but I want to get it out there anyway):
    -Got to the Bay Area without any major incidents

-Checked into hotel (a Days Inn in Redwood City). Hotel is pretty shitty because:
    a) they lied about having wifi access
    b) the room was dense with the smell of industrial strength antiseptic chemicals, even after being aired out for hours
    c) if you slept, sat, or poked the bed in any fashion, it made the loudest noises I've ever heard a bed make
    d) the bed sheets had holes in them
    e) the theromostat was broken
    f) the door chain had half the screws connecting it to the door frame missing
    g) was in a shady neighborhood...or to be more precise, it was in a neighborhood that was the most stark mix of high-class and low-class I've ever seen. Behind the hotel were nice houses, on the same block was a Ferrari dealership...but across the street, low-rent businesses, including a strip club called "Hanky Panky", which is a low-class name even for a strip club.

-Moved all the shit from my trailer into a storage unit to prevent all my shit getting stolen as a result of parking it in the hotel parking lot.

-Put down deposit on a studio apartment in Daly City- credit is good, now just waiting for criminal background check to come back to officially be approved. As long as someone doesn't frame me for a crime I didn't commit before Friday, I'm good. Otherwise, I need to find a black GMC van to stay in.

-Checked out of the Days Inn and went to a nicer hotel way down in Mountain View because that was the first hotel chain I called and this was the closest thing they had, and I was desperate to get out of that Days Inn. So now I have internet and a way to wash my clothes, yay!

So for now I'm just waiting on the apartment approval/move in date because then I'll have shit to do, trying to spend as little money as possible before my job starts. I guess I should start figuring out how to fit all my shit into a much smaller space than I've had before...probably need to get a futon or sofa-bed...I guess I could get a twin-sized bed but that might be weird.

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    Siegfried wrote:
    I remember hearing about that years ago, I'm pretty sure it's legit.

If I recall it was mostly either South American nuns or somewhere in Asia they were teaching them martial arts for self defense against sexual assault.

That video specifically seems to be the South American one at least.

Well, the subtitles were in Portugese, so if thats the case, perhaps it is from Brazil.

• ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    farbekrieg wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote:

*puts on shades*

some bad habits.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

way to use up all the nun puns, now there are nun left.

I sure wouldn't want to cross those nuns, wouldn't have a prayer if I did.

Prospicience on
    what a rosary attitude, perhaps you could use canon against them?

• Hey, if I met a kung-fu nun, I certainly wouldn't in-sister order is in the wrong; after all Shaolin monks are basically the same deal- if anything, it's a Testament to their discipline.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    what is going on in this thread

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    Well Bacon is resisting the urge to visit "Hanky Panky" to watch haggard and toothless old women take their clothes off for profit. Everyone else is considering converting to Catholicism in the hope of free karate lessons.

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh is that whats going on, I thought it was just nun puns

You have to read between the lines.

We're a deep bunch

edited October 2011
    Hahaha this is great. Why can't more serious comics be funny too?
    captrogers.jpg

Siegfried on
    Kochikens wrote:
  • Mustang wrote:
    Well Bacon is resisting the urge to visit "Hanky Panky" to watch haggard and toothless old women take their clothes off for profit. Everyone else is considering converting to Catholicism in the hope of free karate lessons.

I had 12 years of Catholic schooling and they didn't give me a single karate lesson...no wonder I'm agnostic.

With all that time I save by not going to mass, I have more time to watch doughy spinsters flop about like sea bass on the deck of a fishing trawler.

You folks post some shapes for my shapesplosion.

DO IT.

• ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    Yay my paycheck came in. I can finally cross burn this mother down off of my to-do lists.

As for a shape howzabouts an Icosagon

This shape thing is already more fun than I thought.

Kochikens wrote:
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    I love you people so much

bad puns will save the world

I met a man who fell into an upholstery machine. Fortunately, he's fully recovered now.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I was going to come in here and talk about that kindle fire.

But I think I'm just gonna go to bed.

(How about that kindle fire? $200? Fucking really?)

• Mes3Mes3 Lurking behind your toilet Registered User regular
    Wanting to buy a Wacom. Should I just say fuck it and get the large or is the medium good enough?

http://rjnewman.blogspot.com/ | Follow me on instagram @ messiah3x
    unless you have an obnoxious amount of desk space, the medium is the way to go

I have the medium and have never felt like I needed more. I have an A6 graphire at work, and I'm actually okay with that size too.
    I think it's just a matter of getting used to what you have.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Holy shit I have an honest to god portfolio website now!

http://ericdagley.iseenothing.com/

It only took me close to a year of having the webspace to do so!

edited October 2011
    looks great, fug! A little about me section somewhere would be nice, though. Might want to size down some of the images too, just enough to minimize scrolling on smaller screens.

I'm starting to think I need to simplify mine and do the one page thing. I hate code so much though. I got my two tumblrs about where I want them, LMA and Art Anecdotally look good, but the blogger version broke when google updated the interface and I gotta fix it. I think I like the color scheme of both though and I'll probably keep my entangled skulls, since they are on my business cards.

also fug make me some shapes.

Iruka on
  • FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Yeah, 'about' page will be coming probably this weekend when I get around to doing a little self-portrait doodle for it. Same with resizing a bunch of the images. I wanted to keep scrolling on the site to an absolute minimum and then I accidentally the entire v-scroll. Woops!

As a matter of taste I really prefer the 1 page layout. I try to imagine that, like a resume, the quicker you can give an employer as much information as possible the better. I don't think redesigning your website has to be a tremendous hassle. You could probably get away with making your gallery page the very first thing people see when they get there.

Anyway, I would shapes but it's 2:30am and I had other stuff I needed to get done tonight that I neglected for codes BLAR!

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    Have you guys heard about Photoshop Touch? Apparently, it's coming out for Android before iPhone.

http://gizmodo.com/5846229/adobe-photoshop-touch-is-coming-to-android-tablets-before-the-ipad/gallery/1

• NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Mustang wrote:
    I have the medium and have never felt like I needed more. I have an A6 graphire at work, and I'm actually okay with that size too.
    I think it's just a matter of getting used to what you have.

I think that's the truth. Although I have the Large and enjoy drawing with my arm as opposed to my wrist. But that might be possible on the Medium.

This discussion has been closed.