As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Saints Row: The Third - SEE THE TOP OF OP FOR HUGE WARNINGS BEFORE PLAYING!

• SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    IdolNinja wrote:
    2011100300002.jpg

Boris? Did you ever capture Moose and Squirrel?

steam_sig.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Good god, Idol. I'm not sure reality can handle these horrors you're unleashing. I'm pretty sure you're about to put a tear into the space time continuum.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    TOGSolid wrote:
    Good god, Idol. I'm not sure reality can handle these horrors you're unleashing. I'm pretty sure you're about to put a tear into the space time continuum.

Dude, I'm not even trying. This is just me messing around with the new sliders as I complete different sections. :D

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I didn't sleep all night and it's all your fault.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Can you make a guy with an enormous chin? Like, a face dominating chin? :)

steam_sig.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Jay Leno?

edited October 2011
    TeeMan wrote:
    Can you make a guy with an enormous chin? Like, a face dominating chin? :)

Absolutely. It's totally doable to make Ash with the long face from Army of Darkness after he gets sucked in to the Necromonicon.

17031868.jpg

EDIT:
    For a goof...

2011100300009.jpg

And here's your chin:

2011100300007.jpg

IdolNinja on
    edited October 2011
    So, apparently the mod just turned my friend's existing character into Jar Jar Binks:

6sny.jpg

I suppose that there's just no use in denying it any longer. I am pretty much evil incarnate at this point. :twisted:

EDIT:
    New SR:TT vid from Japan!
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/mpd/permalink/m23EOHXGKZLGCV/ref=ent_fb_link

IdolNinja on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, so that DLC. Do those who pre-order from THQ get ALL of that or just some or none?

edit: Ah, none of it. We just get three mission packs, whatever that is.

Magic Pink on
    The last couple pics are just aces. :^:

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    The Video
    DO A BARREL ROLL
    HADOKEN!

WANT

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    so where do I have to pre-order to get the most stuff? I'm sick of having to comparatively shop between like 5 different vendors to decide which payolla is best payolla :(

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
    so where do I have to pre-order to get the most stuff? I'm sick of having to comparatively shop between like 5 different vendors to decide which payolla is best payolla :(

Pre-order direct from THQ gets the most.

• acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    thanks. I'm assuming most of you fine gentlemen are getting it on PC?

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I wouldn't get it through THQ (unless you're ordering a physical copy) due to their download insurance bullshit.

No. Playing this kind of game on the PC is like going to a zoo to buy furniture.

• Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote:

No. Playing this kind of game on the PC is like going to a zoo to buy furniture.

I get my chairs at a discount from there

Helios127 wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:

I get my chairs at a discount from there

I'm not saying they don't have some fly ass-cusions. Just that other places have slightly better.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I will play it on my ps3.

• Rock HolidayRock Holiday Registered User regular
    PC all the way for me. I might get it on 360 later. To me the PC version is going to be worlds ahead, both for coop and potential mods. Sure I could coop on 360, but not without paying for Xbox Live.

steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    PC. It's not even a question on multiplatform releases for me. With a wired 360 pad, the only reason to get it for a console is you're one of those with apparently horribly uncomfortable desk chairs.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    PC. It's not even a question on multiplatform releases for me. With a wired 360 pad, the only reason to get it for a console is you're one of those with apparently horribly uncomfortable desk chairs.

I prefer to play games on my TV, in my living room. I guess you do that with a PC with HDMI-output, but I don't have that option. We have a laptop with hdmi-out, but there is no way it would run Saints Row the Third.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Three-siddy all the way.

Though I wouldn't mind Zoo furniture, Giraffes seem like they'd have those really fancy chairs.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    edited October 2011
    I like my games to work when I put the disc in. Thus, 360. Not rthat I've never had problems with the 360 but the ratio is about 1 in 20 on the 360 and 8 in 10 on the PC.

Magic Pink on
  • envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    I like games to work when I press play in steam, so PC for me.

envoy1 wrote:
    I like games to work when I press play in steam, so PC for me.

If this board is any indication, that's a rare occurence. Especially in the first week of release.

Dammit!

Don't make me have another hissy fit!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    360 for me.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Gotta have dem mods.

Missing out on mods is one HUGE drawbak tp using the 360. But hell I figure if I don't like the technical wrestling match that getting a PC game to work is for me then I'm pretty much just saving myself stress and cusses by not being able to use mods.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Aw - come on! PLATFORM WAR! IT'S ON!

jdarksun wrote:
    Skull2185 wrote:
    Dammit!

Don't make me have another hissy fit!
    Out of respect for our differences, I attempted to disagree with Magic Pink in such a manner as not to spark another platform war.

I think we can all agree that we want our games to work when we attempt to play them.

I was trying to derail that arguement before it started, too :)

Plus, you'd have to think up some other slanderous lies about me. "FYI, guys, Skull was a guard at Auschwitz."
    I'm still being silly, of course :P

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    So is there some stupid trick to Trail Blazing that I am unaware of like when I tried to complete Insurance Fraud without the freeway?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    This stupid fucking ATV gets caught on every single little piece of terrain.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    I know it sounds counter-productive to Trail Blazing, but take your time. (not too much time obviously)

don't try to take the corners too fast, and don't get yourself screwed up on the narrow paths. Also, try to hit as many cars and people as possible. ride the sidewalks and stuff.

edited October 2011
    sorry guys, didn't mean to get my sparks on this thread's kindling.

but yeah, just checked out THQ's digital copy insurance thing. . .what the motherfuck was that? You mean, if I download the game from you today and want to reinstall it tomorrow, you're not going to honor my original purchase unless I pay the digital bridge troll my digital bridge toll? They should call it wot it are: ransom.

you know when I'm considering gamestop a more morally just company than you that you've done something horribly wrong.

acidlacedpenguin on
    edited October 2011
    sorry guys, didn't mean to get my sparks on this thread's kindling.

but yeah, just checked out THQ's digital copy insurance thing. . .what the motherfuck was that? You mean, if I download the game from you today and want to reinstall it tomorrow, you're not going to honor my original purchase unless I pay the digital bridge troll my digital bridge toll? They should call it wot it are: ransom.

you know when I'm considering gamestop a more morally just company than you that you've done something horribly wrong.

Whatever it is, it's most assuredly bullshit. If you're doing digital download, I think Green Man Gaming's offer is best, if I recall. Otherwise, STEAM.

Magic Pink on
This discussion has been closed.