As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

24-Hour Comics Day 2011

Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOMEYESRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Artist's Corner
Hello hello hello! It's that time of the year again! By which I mean, specifically, that it's 24-Hour-Comics-Day again!

For those of you too lazy to click that link, 24-Hour Comics Day is the day when comics folks from all over the world sit down and try to make a 24-page comic in 24 hours or less. That includes layouts and coming up with the idea and whatnot. All of the stuff you have to do to make a comic from concept to finished work. All of that in 24 hours.

Like last year (and the year before that and the year before and before that, too) I've decided to join and try to make my own 24-Hour Comic.

So here's the first page:
24HCD-2011-pg01.jpg
24HCD-2011-pg02.jpg
24HCD-2011-pg03.jpg

I know I'm not the only one participating on these forums, as the talented @Squidbunny is also supposed to be doing hers. If she or any of the other people making one feel like it they can use this thread to post their own stuff and I'll try to add all of it to the OP.

COMICSSSSSS.

Spectre-x on

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    I thought it was about making comics for every hour of the day? Like a journal thing.

Well that's what I'm doing at least.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Agag why?

Why do I never realize when 24HCD is imminent.

Well good luck, guys. I bereeb in you.

• Options
    Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    So the cutoff is midnight? Hmm... it's tempting.

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    Working on mine! Only 5 pages along though! And it's awful! I get worse every year! Will probably post it when I'm done but for now I haven't got tiiiiiime.

header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    page 2 is up!

I'm doing way worse than last year, too, so don't worry about stuff, Squid.

• Options
    page three ugh so slooooow why does it have to be so hooooooot in here

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    this is a fool's errand! a fool's errand!

good luck

• Options
    I'm uploading mine tomorrow

because I'm going to scan and ink them so they dont suck haha

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    Well, my time's up. What a dismal failure this was! Still gonna do a few more pages so it won't be my worst 24HC ever but man did things not work out this year.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Spectre-x wrote:
    Well, my time's up. What a dismal failure this was! Still gonna do a few more pages so it won't be my worst 24HC ever but man did things not work out this year.

The nicest weather in months in Holland does not help.

Still, I like where you were going with this and if you had a story thought out I would love to see the rest of it some time.

• Options
    Eh changed my mind on finishing these.

Still got some pretty good ideas/rough drafts done, most of them were pretty lame though. I'd be more inclined to do a cool short story like Spex next year, once I'm more comfortable with what I can do.

Kochikens wrote:
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    I made it 14 pages but you can tell I was falling asleep on the last page. Like, literally. I might post them later this week but I'm taking off right now to a dr. appointment so no time to scan. But I might not post page 14. Or any of them; they look ridiculous compared to your perfect clean digital pages, Spex, even if you were a weenie and crapped out after just three.

But no, seriously, digital was a good idea. Those look great; I wish I'd gone digital. I had nothing but media failures this year. I started thinking I was gonna just Pentel brush pens; I knew I had two, one unopened. First one was massively out of ink, second exploded when I tried to advance the ink for the first time and a 20 minute cleanup followed. Then I was gonna use a brush and couldn't find my fine one and then a pen for details and slakfjhkjdflhj.

I ultimately just quit because I was tired and realized I wasn't gonna be able to finish and why torture myself. Thank God there were witnesses the two years I managed to do this successfully because I wouldn't believe it anymore otherwise; the last three attempts have been sad.

BUT HEY GOOD GAME, GUYS.

header_image_sm.jpg