As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ICO/SOTC Collection

• Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Why aren't there some real cheevos in SotC. I managed to stay on a collosus while it barrelrolled, without even having to hold on. That's worth a bronze trophy.

I run over a ton of lizards with Agro. That is a thing that needs a gamer score attached to it.

Lenore03 on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Lenore03 wrote:
    Why aren't there some real cheevos in SotC. I managed to stay on a collosus while it barrelrolled, without even having to hold on. That's worth a bronze trophy.

I run over a ton of lizards with Agro. That is a thing that needs a gamer score attached to it.

Probably because of how it is on PS3 and not 360, to start with

I mean, let's not be ridiculous here! *pushes up glasses*

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Personally I don't really want a little trophy ding coming up all the time while I'm playing these particular games

although I'm totally gonna get the one for climbing the temple as soon as I can figure out how

they've either removed the diagonal jump glitch or I'm not doing it right

• Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Walmart's twitter people will help you find the receipt if you need to. Actually most large corporations who have a twitter do this now.

• Options
    GatsuiokiGatsuioki Registered User regular
    Fuck these are out and I missed it?

Gonna be so broke Tuesday.

TDOT on Man vs Discovery Channel
    "Alright fuckers, I'm in charge now.

From here on, every week is Shark Week."
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Balefuego wrote:
    how long is the sale

It will be through Saturday at least.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Zandracon wrote:

This is fantastic news. I've been wanting to play Odin Sphere forever.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I think I played about 20 minutes of Odin Sphere once

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Zandracon wrote:

Holy shit yes God Hand.

I'm running out of PS2 games that I wish were on the PS3. and some of those (Psychonauts, Bully) are available on Steam.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Psychonauts is downloadable on 360!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    god damn its sold out at every best buy within like 45 miles and sold out online

crazy

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Psychonauts is downloadable on 360!

And also now available on the Mac!

And got an update!

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Psychonauts is a genuinely funny and charming game even if the actual game part is kinda lame

• Options
    UnbreakableVow I'm about this close from taking your Britney theme away from you

You don't deserve it

• Options
    What about Psychonauts wasn't completely standard platforming fare, only roughly ten years after that standard had been set?

That game's strength is absolutely not in its gameplay. This is the same for every Tim Schafer game ever made (except Trenched which I haven't played and cannot comment on)

• Options
    It was still fun and not lame!

• Options
    Costume Quest > All other Tim Schafer games

Seriously that game is just so charming

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Man. Brandon Sheffield at Gamasutra tore some guys at id a new asshole irt: Rage in a interview. It's worth a gander.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6500/the_creative_intent_of_rage.php

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    No that's a correct summary of psychonauts

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    All the hands on stuff I've heard about Rage has been really positive

What is that dude's beef with it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    I dunno. I mean, I feel like he had a point with saying the game didn't really look all that unique. And the thing about the "meaningful choices" not actually being very meaningful. But I am super surprised they stuck that interview out.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Man. Brandon Sheffield at Gamasutra tore some guys at id a new asshole irt: Rage in a interview. It's worth a gander.

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/6500/the_creative_intent_of_rage.php

That interviewer was kind of a dick.

Also, he kept asking really specific questions about the story. Like, hammering at them about this and that, and why this is this way when that is that way AND WHAT ABOUT THE CHOICES

but he'd only played the game for 2 and a half hours

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I hate the word "cheevos" with a burning passion

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    I hate the word "cheevos" with a burning passion

yep

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Cheevos sound delicious

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    i've got cheevo dust all over my shirt :(

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Need more cheevos

Need them

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I almost wanna buy RE4 for easy cheevos

Even though I have it on PSN

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options

seems like that was a dumb decision, then

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I always picture a douchebag with his ballcap turned sideways, a stupid-looking goatee, a jersey and those stupid athletic windpants that come off with buttons down the pant legs chugging a Natty Light right before saying the word

It needs to fucking die

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I always picture a douchebag with his ballcap turned sideways, a stupid-looking goatee, a jersey and those stupid athletic windpants that come off with buttons down the pant legs chugging a Natty Light right before saying the word

It needs to fucking die
    nah

also I just looked up the cheevos for RE4 and man they are lame. Nothing but the standard "beat the story mission" trophies. They don't even have ones for hitting high scores in mercenaries!

wait is mercenaries how you unlock the alternate costumes I dont' even remember

• Options

It needs to fucking die
    nah

also I just looked up the cheevos for RE4 and man they are lame. Nothing but the standard "beat the story mission" trophies. They don't even have ones for hitting high scores in mercenaries!

No. I believe you get the costumes achievement by finishing Separate Ways?

But they have an achievement for getting all the bottle caps, which is done through the shooting range

And
    the one for the lake monster requires you to shoot at the water from the dock and have it eat you

I almost didn't get that one but looked up how to get it after I beat the boss and it didn't unlock

• Options
    Keith wrote:

It needs to fucking die
    nah

No. I believe you get the costumes achievement by finishing Separate Ways?

But they have an achievement for getting all the bottle caps, which is done through the shooting range

And
    the one for the lake monster requires you to shoot at the water from the dock and have it eat you

I almost didn't get that one but looked up how to get it after I beat the boss and it didn't unlock

oh okay
    considering that the achievement's name was "Don't Shoot the Water!" I thought it was just the achievement for killing the thing and they were making a reference to the water-shooting thing

• Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    People who say "cheevos" just want any word over two sylibs to be trunkat.

I'm kinda surprised that this game is getting sold out... Did they just do a small print run, or has the critical reputation actually translated to high sales for a bundled remastered re-release?

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    People have been talking SotC up for years now, maybe it actually inspired some hype

• Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    and Ico, which was out of print for like forever

• Options
    SyphonBlue wrote:

seems like that was a dumb decision, then

It was only $10 on PSN! And the funds were already in my wallet!

Don't judge me!

• Options
    I love using the word cheevo. It's funny to hear people talk about how they picture the dumb jock type gamer using it when honestly, the only place I've ever heard it, is in nerd conversation.

• Options
    I heard "cheevos" a lot when I was at a Modern Warfare 2 release

Which doesn't make sense

I imagined most of those dudes would be playing multi, which doesn't have cheevos