As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ICO/SOTC Collection

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I yearn for more cheevos down in my giblets. Almost to 100,000 gamerscore...almost.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I've never once heard "cheevos" outside of gaming websites

I was kind of bugged by it at first but saying "achievements" is annoying after a while

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Jesus Raijin

Where do you find the time? I've got upwards of 40,000 and I have like no life

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I use cheevers myself

I like it better

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jesus Raijin

Where do you find the time? I've got upwards of 40,000 and I have like no life

I've been a stay at home Dad for awhile now which used to afford me a lot of gaming time.

It still does but not like it used to.

Also, I play a LOT of different games.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I'm just shy of 30k gamerscore and I was basically able to play any game for free for pretty much the past 5 years

• Options
    Keith wrote:
    I'm just shy of 30k gamerscore and I was basically able to play any game for free for pretty much the past 5 years

You lack dedication.

• Options
    I'd say my completion percent is pretty high for the games I actually played

It's just I'd try out a lot of games, get a few achievements, and take them back

• Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    re: Rage

Seems like the majority of games writers I've seen that have had hands on the game aren't too keen on it. And one dude I know, in particular, loved the shit out of DNF, so his bar ain't too high.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I heard "cheevos" a lot when I was at a Modern Warfare 2 release

Which doesn't make sense

I imagined most of those dudes would be playing multi, which doesn't have cheevos

What? I mean I don't know what MW2's achievement list looks like offhand, but most games with large multiplayer suites dedicate a good chunk of their achievements to it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Balefuego wrote:
    I heard "cheevos" a lot when I was at a Modern Warfare 2 release

Which doesn't make sense

I imagined most of those dudes would be playing multi, which doesn't have cheevos

What? I mean I don't know what MW2's achievement list looks like offhand, but most games with large multiplayer suites dedicate a good chunk of their achievements to it.

None for the basic multiplayer though there were some tied to Spec Ops mode which was a coop mode...though you could do most of it alone.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options

Seems like the majority of games writers I've seen that have had hands on the game aren't too keen on it. And one dude I know, in particular, loved the shit out of DNF, so his bar ain't too high.

Well, Alex Navarro played like the first 3 hours and he seemed to love it.

Plus it won all those awards at E3 2009

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I use cheevers myself

I like it better

I'm cooler than everyone else because I shorten it even more to just "chee"

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote:
    I use cheevers myself

I like it better

I'm cooler than everyone else because I shorten it even more to just "chee"

Gotta get those cheese, man

• Options
    It's all about the "vos" man.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    pft

all the cool kids just call them "ch"

and I've been doing it since before it was cool

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    I don't call them anything I just walk around with a sense of entitlement whenever I get one.

• Options
    Balefuego wrote:

Well, Alex Navarro played like the first 3 hours and he seemed to love it.

Plus it won all those awards at E3 2009

Oh, I didn't know he's been playing it.

I'm on the fence about Rage. The graphics look really nice, but it otherwise seems kind of run of the mill.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    The shooting gameplay from what I have seen looks slick as hell. It has a bioshock style system with extremely varied ammo types for each of the different guns.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I've been following Rage for ages and I've always felt a little ambivalent towards it. I definitely want to play it at some point but it isn't a day one purchase for me.

• Options
    Yeah, I think I'm in the same boat, Raijin.

mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    SenorTacosSenorTacos Registered User regular
    Are they releasing a demo for it?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    I've never once heard "cheevos" outside of gaming websites

I was kind of bugged by it at first but saying "achievements" is annoying after a while

I got all my friends saying it

it really is just a better term

re: cheevos

I care about them slightly

only because I've got a few buds who care a whole lot

and I have reconciled with the fact that I will never overtake their scores

but I am much better at vids than they are and therefore I can get cheevos that I know they will never be able to

and that's good enough for me.

• Options
    I dont care about my actual score but I get a pretty good sense of completeness when I max out a game.

Also, depending on how well they are designed a lot of them offer fun/unique alterations to how you would normally play.

The "one free bullet" cheevo for Half Life episode 1 was a bitch and a half but also kind of awesome to get.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I am pretty proud of having every achievement in Super Meat Boy

• Options
    I have all the achievements in Geometry Wars 1

Yes even get to a million points without dying

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The only game I've gotten 100% achievements on is Bastion.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I have all the cheevos in Lego Harry Potter, Lego Batman, Lego Pirates, WWE Legends, Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection

all pretty easy games to get them in

• Options
    I have a few XBLA games, too

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I think Mass Effect 2 and Super Meat Boy are the only ones I've maxed out

and then on PS3 I've maxed out Batman and Flower

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    I need to finish my insanity run on ME2 so I can max that out.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I have all the vanilla cheevos for ME2, plus old mercenary guy

I was pretty irritated when the new DLC took away my completion badge

• Options
    yeah I hate DLC cheevos for that

give it its own separate bar

• Options
    The ME2 DLC is amazing though

You should play Shadow Broker at the very least Shorty

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I have long since sold my copy of ME2

two complete playthroughs was enough

• Options
    Lenore03Lenore03 Registered User regular
    SotC. Cool story #2.

That fire guardian one? I did a blind jump out of the temple and landed smack dab on top of the bull. Now that's something that needs a cheesey cheeve.

I dunno what game I have the most trophies for. Around the time Heavy Rain came out there was a glitch with the PS3s internal clock, it didn't recognise the leap year or something. Anyway any game you tried to start up, that also consulted the trophy list on bootup, would have it's trophy list deleted. I didn't realise how much I cared about these virtual pats on the back till I had all my Uncharted 2 trophies dissapear on me. No big deal since the game is so replayable

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I caved in and got this. Starting off with SOTC because god damn I love it so much.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    I've got 100% achievements in a variety of sports games, Avatar: TLE, TMNT, Assassin's Creed 2, Captain America, Bastion, couple of Dorito's games, Pac-Man CE DX, some other stuff.

I've got over 800 on Blue Dragon. Bet not too many people can make that claim!

I absolutely love gamerscore. I have from the moment I realized it existed.

• Options
    I think I put about 15 hours into Blue Dragon

I remember the very last time I played it I got violently ill from what I assumed was food poisoning

but my body may have been trying to tell me something

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    agh still waiting for this to arrive aughgaugha

also i can't recall what my equivalent trophy level or whatever is without checking.

uc3ufTB.png