As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saints Row: The Third - SEE THE TOP OF OP FOR HUGE WARNINGS BEFORE PLAYING!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote:
    Yeah, that's why I'm preordering on Steam. Get (most) of the goodies, don't have to worry about reformatting hard drives or other such nonsense.

Aren't the only things you don't get these nebulous "DLC missions" that they aren't really describing anyway?

• Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    Yeah, that's why I'm preordering on Steam. Get (most) of the goodies, don't have to worry about reformatting hard drives or other such nonsense.
    Aren't the only things you don't get these nebulous "DLC missions" that they aren't really describing anyway?
    Yup!

Well, fuck 'em.

• Options
    Rock HolidayRock Holiday Registered User regular
    I would love to have that silly autotune headset for shenanigans but it's just too much, and I feel more secure getting it on Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    My understanding is that the THQ store version is Steamworks. So, that's double bullshit they would charge for download insurance when you don't ever even need it!

Also, my friend just sent me this. :D

30277846.jpg

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    D:

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    jesus, this thread is like the island of Doctor Moreau's house of horrors.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    As terrifying as that face is, is there anywhere online where you can see GOOD looking Boss characters? Kind of like those websites that shared Mass Effect facial codes?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks.

Among the top moments in this game are the random things that happen with your crew. I felt bad for the police officer who just tried to arrest me and instead was grabbed by my buddy and summarily executed on the street in broad daylight.

RE: Brotherhood.
    They just took Carlos, I have a feeling this is about to get serious.

• Options
    Oh and the fastest four-passenger car I've found so far is the Wakazashi, is that right?

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    We have a laptop with hdmi-out, but there is no way it would run Saints Row the Third.
    If my netbook sized laptop can run Saints Row 2, I'd suspect yours can run Saints Row: The Third.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OH FUCK!
    CARLOS!

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Not quite sure if this is a bug or not, but it seems to be unbalanced.

You know how your gang upgrades throughout Saints Row? Well, the enemies do to. Only problem is when replaying missions they often get rocket launchers in early missions which make it a real crap shoot as to whether you can win or not. In several chopper missions/AI driver missions, I've been blown away by undodgable/untargetable enemies fairly regularly.

Is this just part of the engine or an actual bug?
    MegaMan001 wrote:
    OH FUCK!
    CARLOS!

Not too much of a spoiler, but in the spree that follows, the Boss might as well be quoting Jules from Pulp Fiction:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    jdarksun wrote:
    I guess a lot of us "going to a zoo to buy furniture." :bz

Do I get to be Head Zookeeper then? :D
    Not quite sure if this is a bug or not, but it seems to be unbalanced.

You know how your gang upgrades throughout Saints Row? Well, the enemies do to. Only problem is when replaying missions they often get rocket launchers in early missions which make it a real crap shoot as to whether you can win or not. In several chopper missions/AI driver missions, I've been blown away by undodgable/untargetable enemies fairly regularly.

Is this just part of the engine or an actual bug?

It's by design and based on territory ownership. The more hoods you own, the greater the chances are for gangs to spawn with higher weapon tech. It's some absurdly silly low value for rocket launchers though. Like a 1% chance.

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Have they said anything about character height for The Third? I'd kind of like to have a midget boss :D

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
    Have they said anything about character height for The Third? I'd kind of like to have a midget boss :D

I don't think this'll be an option, just because height introduces all sorts of animation issues. Every cutscene would feature people looking about 3 feet over your head, and any objects you interact with would just float in midair.

Of course, you could always give Idolninja five minutes to whip something up.

• Options
    Haven't there been some games like DAO where other characters would look down at you if you were a Dwarf, for example? Of course that's a different engine and such...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Saints Row 2 is AWFUL when it is night and raining. Blech.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    But but but. That's one of my favorite combinations!

Stop disliking what I like!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Can I nominate an entire thread for awesome?

Because this thread would surely deserve it for the A-boss-inations being created now.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    IdolNinja wrote:
    30277846.jpg
    Oh hey. It's now a more faithful X-com game than the new one coming out.

:P

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Gentlemen of the Row v1.9 beta 16 is out!

http://idolninja.com/betadl.php

The new beta includes the super sliders that I've been posting pics from. It's an optional mod in the character creation menu of the installer named Skylion's Super Sliders.

GotR v1.9 beta 16 changelog
    Skylion's Super Sliders (optional mod) by Skylion
    Greatly increases the range of all facial, bodyfat, age, and muscle sliders in character creation. This mod allows the player a HUGE amount of control to make even the craziest exaggerated cartoon style characters. One of the very best additions to GotR in the entire history of the mod. Everyone should definitely check it out!

Selectable wardrobe colors (optional mod) by IdolNinja
    Allows the player to choose color and logo in the wardrobe for clothing items that they already own

Hulk Hogan, Lupin, and Jigen outfits by masayumemasa and IdolNinja
    Adds "The Hogan," "The Lupin Red," "The Lupin Green," and The Jigen outfits to Let's Pretend. Also added a Hulkamania logo to the clothing stores, brother.

Leather Forever by RedRage
    http://www.saintsrow.com/forums/topic/45977
    Changes the Trenchcoat and Sports Letter Jacket material to leather. * NOTE: The leather versions of the lab coat and track jacket from the mod were not included

FOV Mod v3 (optional mod) by encogen
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2030044
    The FOV mod increases the player's Field of View. The latest v3 comes in 2 versions - with right and left-sided fine aim mode and increased FOV for both. Pure FPS mode from v1 and v2 looked hella iffy, therefore - scrapped. Switching in and out of fine aim is faster (1ms vs 2ms in vanilla). With v3 the camera is delayed slightly when going into sprint resulting in a less trippy FOV transition.

First Person Camera (optional mod)
    Adds an optional first person camera mod to the installer menu. While it's impractical to play the game like this, it should be handy for anyone doing SR2 Machinima stuff.
    * NOTE: I believe the discovery on how to do this was first made by foamcup quite some time ago. Since all the download links are dead I created my own version for GotR.

Gat Homie Mod Suit (optional mod) by RedRage
    http://www.saintsrow.com/forums/topic/46116
    Changes the Gat homie to always spawn with his suit from the trial instead of his casual clothes.

MISC TWEAKS AND FIXES

Added 7 different flavors of Zombie Uprising at the Mall with different player characters:
    FBI + Swat
    Maero + Carlos
    Jyunichi + Gat
    Mr Wong + Kazuo Akuji
    Mr Sunshine + The General
    Dane Vogel + Shogo Akuji
    Pierce + Shaundi

The Villain Homie Pack and Misc Homie Pack have both been fixed so that they work correctly with all story missions. Warning removed from installer.

DLC04 and DLC05 missions now start correctly from all clipboards for replay.

Both DLC missions now have a disclaimer when they start informing the player that they are work in progress ports of the DLC missions and missing certain features.

The Hounfor's (General's Limo) body can now be painted and is no longer stuck with the default Samedi Green.

The Beretta is now using the proper larger cutscene mesh from RedRage's Weapon Pack

Unlockable Zombie Mask and Traffic Cone Hat added for sale at Let's Pretend in the Open Pricing optional mod.

Unlocks for Suburbs Septic Avenger and Red Light Mayhem corrected in the readme.

Installer menus revised to include new Audio, Camera, and Zombie Uprising mods menus.

EDIT:
    The hosting for my site is having some issues tonight, so here's a direct link to the beta if the page doesn't load:
    http://finalack.com/Idol/sr2/test/Gentlemen_of_the_Row_Saints_Row_2_Super_Mod_v1.9_BETA_16a.rar

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    IdolNinja wrote:
    30277846.jpg

You do something with your hair?

• Options
    Oats wrote:
    IdolNinja wrote:
    30277846.jpg

You do something with your hair?

I was drinking a coke and it came out my nose from laughing you fucker.
    <3

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm going with PC for the modding potential (although the triangle might be harder to pull stuff off with than the sliders), and for the potential to play with Idolninja and the other gentlemen. Which, surprisingly, I am yet to do with SR2. I've never touched it co-op. This makes me sad.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    I just hijacked a hippie van, complete with a peace sign made out of flowers on it, filled with old ladies listening to the heavy metal station.

I love this game. 3 needs to come out now.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Still finding out things myself, stupid ads, funny pedestrian comments etc.

Hearing the hobo army quote Metal Gear Solid is pretty fantastic.

• Options
    GotR v1.9 Beta 16a bugfix release is out and corrects a preload problem where the beretta and standard/gold deagles were invisible. You can grab it here:
    http://idolninja.com/betadl.php

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I was all indignant about the stupidity of the questions in the Q and A thread, so I thought I would try to think of some questions. I am drawing a blank, because most of the things I am curious about were already answered. Hm...

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Can you get Shaundi pregnant with your mutant boss baby even if your boss is a woman?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote:
    Can you get Shaundi pregnant with your mutant boss baby even if your boss is a woman?

pls answer because my preordering 3 more copies depends on this

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Basil wrote:

I would fully endorse this iff the baby came out 3 feet tall, with a lit cigar, and voiced by Danny DeVito.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote:

I would fully endorse this iff the baby came out 3 feet tall, with a lit cigar, and voiced by Danny DeVito.

Great, now I want to make a Charlie Day Boss now too.

Because he is the ultimate Wildcard.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Basil wrote:

Equip your Turkey Baster.

Click on Shaundi.

PROFIT

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Hey I just noticed somewhat recently that the special edition isn't available for the PC version. Does that mean I have to buy the console AND PC version to show my love instead of just a crazy one time purchase?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    Helios127Helios127 Registered User regular
    Hey I just noticed somewhat recently that the special edition isn't available for the PC version. Does that mean I have to buy the console AND PC version to show my love instead of just a crazy one time purchase?

All the special edition has is a autotuned headset, sadly. So yeah I guess if you REALLY want it you need to buy both.

• Options
    Helios127 wrote:

All the special edition has is a autotuned headset, sadly. So yeah I guess if you REALLY want it you need to buy both.

Doesn't it also have the soundtrack?

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    What's funny was my checking to see if Gamestop would get the LE of SRtT for the PC, which they said yes to a month ago. Oh, wait. What was funny was hearing the clerk bitch that the headphones didn't work with XBL.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Basil wrote:

Suddenly, Saints Row 3 becomes It's Always Sunny in Philadephia, with more gunfights.

This discussion has been closed.