As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Phallaclave: This Thread be Broked. Find and use Other One

12345679ยป

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Those poor, poor Germans.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Somewhere, there was someone saying "zis time, ve do it through Papal manipulation!"

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Is it just me or is Phyphor's signature a bit larger than normal?

Retaba on
  • Options
    It's my title/location text pushing it down on smaller posts

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Phyphor wrote:
    Actually, the heretics will want to whittle down the countries evenly so that no single alliance gains the needed votes, so by freely giving them our allegiances, they can more effectively target us

If you guys are about to elect someone then the Lutherans are boned, because this means we've eliminated or know about all of them. There's no reason to eliminate by country evenly, because even with a country completely out, you can't elect someone until the Lutherans are dead unless you just want to gamble in which case we should have done it day 1.

Also, everyone revealing their nationality publicly just made 16 enemies (- however many were Lutherans).

MrTLicious on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    I knew what I was doing when I said my nationality. I'm determined not to die like a dog in this game and do something useful.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Phyphor wrote:
    Actually, the heretics will want to whittle down the countries evenly so that no single alliance gains the needed votes, so by freely giving them our allegiances, they can more effectively target us

If you guys are about to elect someone then the Lutherans are boned, because this means we've eliminated or know about all of them. There's no reason to eliminate by country evenly, because even with a country completely out, you can't elect someone until the Lutherans are dead unless you just want to gamble in which case we should have done it day 1.

Also, everyone revealing their nationality publicly just made 16 enemies (- however many were Lutherans).

No, it just means we do know someone who isn't a heretic. Perhaps there's another seer? A backup? Guard a seer target, purple vote them and boom game over. The reason that won't happen is that no single alliance will have enough support to force the vote and, having revealed allegiances, the mafia will ensure no alliance can gain support until we kill them all off and the last cardinal alive emerges from the THUNDERDOME Sistine Chapel as LAST POPE STANDING

Phyphor on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    There is also the possibility of the lutherans gaining a bonus, for example an unblockable kill, if they know the target's nationality. Don't like the idea of someone having a master list of everyone's nationalities until we have a better idea of all mechanics associated with them

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't have much time, so I sort of skimmed, but MrT is not confirmed in any way at all, right?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    I am the resurrection

And I am the light

bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime wrote:
    I don't have much time, so I sort of skimmed, but MrT is not confirmed in any way at all, right?
    Nope. But it is in our best interest to communicate as much as possible, and if you're Spanish/Italian/French, I'd like to have a word with you about electing an Italian Pope.

Aaaaand we trust you why now?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Is it not hilariously apropos to point out that roguelike Cardinal Quest is free today?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Of course, heedlessly throwing myself into danger! why didn't i think of that?

• Options
    Phyphor wrote:
    No, it just means we do know someone who isn't a heretic.

AND that 2/3 of people BELIEVE that this person isn't a heretic and have amenable win conditions.

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote:
    Phyphor wrote:
    No, it just means we do know someone who isn't a heretic.

AND that 2/3 of people BELIEVE that this person isn't a heretic and have amenable win conditions.

Yes, that's what the following sentences expand upon

• Options
    No, your following sentences say why a strong (not weak) mafia would want to try and prevent that. I'm saying that it's so unlikely that the mafia need not concern themselves with it.

• Options
    How many of them are not mafia, and will believe that a proposed candidate is not mafia?

• Options
    The math gets a bit fuzzier there. If we go by traditional mafia ratios, 16 of those cardinals should be reliable, it then becomes a matter of everyone talking.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    6 might be a bit much, but the point stands. The numbers dwindle quickly, and staying above the 2/3 mark becomes remarkably difficult if the mafia are strong enough that the village still needs to worry about them.

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    just make me pope. Then everybody wins.

Everyone me.

• Options
    Well, all the more reason to start rooting them out.

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    SeGaTai is lowering my morale. But makes a valid point.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    jdarksun does not follow the Word.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Says who? The Archivist died last night. If you make a claim, be prepared to back it up with evidence as well as faith, Aphostile

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    I will not see an Italian Pope, no matter his dedication or his faith!

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    Then you are excommunicae!

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Not sure what's going on with the thread, I click and it brings me to page 10, but page 10 is page 1, except for ahava's post.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    thread broken?

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    augh

time travelling page

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Holy shit Blarney...I wanted regular catholic evil not supercharged lutheran evil... Where'd you get all this evil anyway?