As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Green Lantern Thread

• Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    I've got a little extra cash this week, and I'm interested in the GLC/SC war, so what issues have Sinestro Corps Back-Ups in them? Or are necessary for the war. I read some GLC, up to the Corpse I think, and not very much Green Lantern solo book at all.
    They've been in the back of Green Lantern (solo) since at least number 18, I think, possibly one or two further back.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think this single event will contain everything a superhero comic book should have: Heroes who have a sense of humor, tons of awesome evil villians, crazy space battles, bling-bling Hal Jordan, and a green lantern who doesn’t socialize.

I buy few comics these days (Iron Man, Green Lantern, DMZ) but anything this story arc touches I will be slapping my money down for. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the DC writers put in a small reference to Marvels Annihilation Wave arc, maybe just have a few Green Lanterns pass through a sector with some very familiar destroyed bug like ships floating in space and have one say 'looks like everything here was annhilated!' ;)

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    blankspace wrote: »
    I've got a little extra cash this week, and I'm interested in the GLC/SC war, so what issues have Sinestro Corps Back-Ups in them? Or are necessary for the war. I read some GLC, up to the Corpse I think, and not very much Green Lantern solo book at all.

The most recent arc of GLC was essentially the first battle of the war.

Unfortunatley the GL arc that had the backups wasnt that great, but it had Acuna on art so you may jizz over it.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Furu wrote: »

I'm hoping someone will make a Sin War edit of the picture used as my AV sometime and put him in a yellow suit, just because.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    capital idea

Oh shit yeah, no ones made SCW banners yet

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Kuma wrote: »
    capital idea

I have an old Infinite Crisis Banner that I just need a font that looks good.

withoa7mb.jpg

The color distortion on the bottom is something odd from imageshack..... fixing that with the new one. Just need a proper font for the top that looks good with yellow.

Also I can't find a good shot of their logo.

EDIT Best I can do on short notice.....

withoaxc0.jpg

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    FCD wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    7822_400x600.jpg

Kilowog vs. Nega-Kilowog! Fuckin' Awesome!

Fuck, Im sold on it... when it´s coming out?

JCM on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    God I love Kilowog.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hmmm, found this on DC's Green Lantern board. Potentially quite spoilerish. Make of it what you will if you're brave enough to click on it...

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1493/kylenj6.jpg

Here's the link to the thread where it came from.

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/thread.jspa?threadID=2000119619&tstart=0
    Looks like you might wanna break out the ketchup, Furu.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    capital idea

withoa7mb.jpg

The color distortion on the bottom is something odd from imageshack..... fixing that with the new one. Just need a proper font for the top that looks good with yellow.

withoaxc0.jpg
    may i?

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If Kyle becomes Parallax I will eat my cock.

Bon appetit. D:

JCM on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    übergeek wrote: »
    capital idea

withoa7mb.jpg

withoaxc0.jpg
    may i?

You may, if you're with Sin's Boys you can just change it to say We're with Qward in yellow. I forget what size I used but the font is Magneto. Finding a good Sin Coprs group shot might be hard, so for now you guys will have to use pairs or solo shots of people.

Down the line when I find a better quality scan of the logo (the one I used needed the least doctoring), I'll probably update it.

EDIT So there's practically no hope of beating Para unless a green courage....lion......eagle.....something avatar empowers one of the GL's. Or...for an oh shit moment, the Guardians use SBP somehow to bitchslap Para.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Hmmm, found this on DC's Green Lantern board. Potentially quite spoilerish. Make of it what you will if you're brave enough to click on it...

-sigh- You would think they wouldn't make this mistake again, but I guess you'd be wrong. I guess that whole Ion mini means nothing now and the whole torchbearer thing is kinda useless too. Kyle was always my favorite GL too. And I was looking forward so much to this event too....

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Bullshit.

That reeks of fan art. Good fan art (aside from the mouth) but fan art nonetheless.

I highly doubt they would let the cover artist for a big event give this kind of shit away.

I bet it's a ring construct, if the image is real.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It's really happening, and that image is real. They've even got the spikes on the gloves right.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    It's really happening, and that image is real. They've even got the spikes on the gloves right.

Don't make me destroy you.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Drakeon wrote: »
    Owenashi wrote: »

-sigh- You would think they wouldn't make this mistake again, but I guess you'd be wrong. I guess that whole Ion mini means nothing now and the whole torchbearer thing is kinda useless too. Kyle was always my favorite GL too. And I was looking forward so much to this event too....
    If it makes you feel better, it seems as if Kyle's caught at a weak moment by Sinestro. From what I've read, Sinestro actually rips open Kyle's chest open and shoves a Yellow Ring Battery into him. Doesn't look like it's a permitted posession.

Owenashi on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If that is real, it's not going to last.

Furu on
  • Options
    ZupZupperZupZupper Registered User new member
    edited June 2007
    Another potential SC recruit, Mogo, at least unwittingly, since the trainees that have been visiting him have been going bonkers, that or he may just be playing host to the viral SC member.

Thoughts?

Kyle as Parallax? Hal vs Parallax showdown? Ion and Parallax showdown with Kyle as the battleground?

Perhaps the guardians are trying to kill parallax once and for all and thats why Kyle became Ion in the first place?

ZupZupper on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I got it. I figured out how Kyle is in two places at once. The Kyle running around with Jason and Donna is from another Earth. Bob picks up Donna and Jason and disappears. If they go dimension hopping immediately from that point, along the way they'll run into another Kyle with the ugly crab mask suit (as seen in the cover sketch that's been going around). Meanwhile on New Earth, Ion gets the call to assist defending Oa or something and heads out to help. At the very least it makes sense.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Talking to Van Sciver at a con this weekend,
    he said that fans may be very unhappy about what happens to Kyle/Ion.

He also indicated that Sinestro Corp would involve Superboy Prime and give some indication about the number of ring corps in existance. Star Sapphire corp?
    Superboy Prime with a yellow power ring would be completely unstoppable!
    Isn't he already pretty much unstoppable? Wouldn't it be like giving King Kong a baseball bat? It makes him, like 2% more dangerous, but without it he's still King Kong.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Talking to Van Sciver at a con this weekend,
    he said that fans may be very unhappy about what happens to Kyle/Ion.

He also indicated that Sinestro Corp would involve Superboy Prime and give some indication about the number of ring corps in existance. Star Sapphire corp?
    Superboy Prime with a yellow power ring would be completely unstoppable!
    Isn't he already pretty much unstoppable? Wouldn't it be like giving King Kong a baseball bat? It makes him, like 2% more dangerous, but without it he's still King Kong.
    itd be even more trouble if there was a red son near Qward

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
  • Options
    RansRans Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i'm so hard for this to get going

so afraid that my comic shop will be sold out when i get there this wednesday D:

Rans on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I got it. I figured out how Kyle is in two places at once. The Kyle running around with Jason and Donna is from another Earth. Bob picks up Donna and Jason and disappears. If they go dimension hopping immediately from that point, along the way they'll run into another Kyle with the ugly crab mask suit (as seen in the cover sketch that's been going around). Meanwhile on New Earth, Ion gets the call to assist defending Oa or something and heads out to help. At the very least it makes sense.

He's obviously a Skrull.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

I'm fine with that.

Furu on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I wanna see cyborg supes screw over sbp.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    ZupZupper wrote: »
    Another potential SC recruit, Mogo, at least unwittingly, since the trainees that have been visiting him have been going bonkers, that or he may just be playing host to the viral SC member.

I guess you havent read the end of that arc yet.
    Mogo cleanses himself of the infection with a giant fucking asteriod. I love Mogo

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZupZupperZupZupper Registered User new member
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    ZupZupper wrote: »

I guess you havent read the end of that arc yet.
    Mogo cleanses himself of the infection with a giant fucking asteriod. I love Mogo

That must be in the GLC I have sitting on my counter, DOH!

ZupZupper on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I love how Mogo did that. And warned all the GL's (paraphrased here)

"You should move now"

"But, we can..."

"No. Move. Now."

I can't remember too many instances of Mogo talking directly to someone either, and not through an avatar. But It's been a while.

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    The_LightbringerThe_Lightbringer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    SinestroCorps.jpg

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    SinestroCorps.jpg

Right Click -> Save As....

Very nice work there. Exactly what I had in mind, what font is that?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Thank you, couldn't have done it without your original green lanterns sig. And the font was called symbol. I was trying to look for an evil menacing font but since there was none in photoshop, I just choose this one because it looks alien and Qward turned out pretty cool.

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looks like ancient Greek.

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    If that is real, it's not going to last.

Yeah. It's a pretty big event, and that would be a pretty cool thing to happen in the story, if temporary. I don't see why it has to be the new status quo.

You know, the whole multiverse really has me thinking of comic book plots in an entirely new way. There's way more to consider, and they can actually get away with some things like this or killing The Question with the multiverse to fall back on.

Lux on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    Looks like ancient Greek.

It is Greek.

I'm not sure what he's trying to say with it, though.

I'm with Qward?

In Greek it doesn't really work.

august on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    A better subtitle would be simply 'Fear us' or 'Be Afraid'

MuddBudd on
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So tomorrow I am going to visit my Girlfriend and becuase she works at Borders she get's a 33% discount.

I'm looking to pick up some Green Lantern Books so I can be caught up on it when this event comes to Trade, but I don't know where to begin. Can somone help me?

DharmaBum on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Its suppose to be We're with Qward

The_Lightbringer on
    LuciferSig.jpg
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I don't know if you care but it's just a jumble of sounds: http://greek-language.com/alphabet/

august on