As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT FILM [CHAT] thread

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    Fug, some guy named Eric Dagley put his name on your site
    just fyi

• Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    Oh what the fu

Not again

• Options
    yeah you might want to call the internet police

(it's cool I like it. my favorite one is the one you did for bombs and mully.)

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    I think it's really cute that anonymous seriously believes they're going to screw with the NYSE in any significant way.

• Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    99686378.jpg

This is the most akward stock photo I've ever seen.

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    What about this one?

SEN_018.jpg

• Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Voting for MT's.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Oh yea?
    stock-photo-doctor-to-nurse-on-bandaged-patient-on-black-background-25864702.jpg

• Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    Haha. I think MT's is still the most awkward. But I've had that golf photo on my desktop for weeks so I had to share it. Menace, I think the photos we posted are too obvious to be awkward. They've gone past awkward to... I don't know.

• Options
    Fugitive wrote:
    Yeah, 'about' page will be coming probably this weekend when I get around to doing a little self-portrait doodle for it. Same with resizing a bunch of the images. I wanted to keep scrolling on the site to an absolute minimum and then I accidentally the entire v-scroll. Woops!

As a matter of taste I really prefer the 1 page layout. I try to imagine that, like a resume, the quicker you can give an employer as much information as possible the better. I don't think redesigning your website has to be a tremendous hassle. You could probably get away with making your gallery page the very first thing people see when they get there.

Yeah, this is the way my portfolio has been evolving...went from a splash page going to separate 2d and 3d pages, then to one page in one long column, and now to one page with 2 columns so people don't miss the 3d stuff by not scrolling down. I don't want to waste anyone's time with a lot of clicking and such- art directors and such are busy people, and I don't want to waste their time, or have them click through a page and not see anything relevant to what they're looking for, and not bother to click on the page with stuff that is relevant. If I could Matrix-inject my entire portfolio directly into their brain, that would be ideal.

Iruka wrote:
    I'm starting to think I need to simplify mine and do the one page thing.

I'd say this is a good idea- if nothing else, you shouldn't have a link to a comics page that doesn't have work on it.

I've forwarded your name to people looking for artists before, and I usually wind up linking your DeviantArt gallery instead of http://lauramakesart.com/, because the initial front page doesn't tell the viewer much, and it takes two clicks to get to the most job-relevant section (Concept)...I could link directly to the concept page, which has good work, but not in great quantities- so if I do that, it's likely that someone will look just at that section, and miss all your other work. The DeviantArt gallery isn't really ideal, but it gives a much quicker impression of what you're all about at a glance than your current portfolio. (Also it seems to get updated with newer work more often.)

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    I bet you laughed yourself into stitches thinking up that joke.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nappuccino wrote: »

wait what joke
    edit: I am reading Bacon's post over and over looking for a joke

Tam on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    Man, you guys is crazies.

• Options
    Tam wrote:
    Nappuccino wrote: »

wait what joke
    edit: I am reading Bacon's post over and over looking for a joke

I also have no clue what you're referring to.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    and now I'm reading the other posts
    I made two jokes, but I don't think they're the kind that would suggest I was laughing the whole time I was coming up with them

this is killing me
    what joke napp
    what joke

Tam on
  • Options
    So I'm now working with an independent animation company who wants to create a 12-minute animated pilot episode of Peter & Company, with the intent of pitching it to various networks, to be fully funded through Kickstarter.

I... I don't quite know how to handle this much excitement.

• Options
    Take sedatives, sedatives can handle anything.
    Also, congratulations.

• Options
    nnnooooooiiiiiiiccee Peter

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    t Tam the joke is your posting

• Options
    edited October 2011
    how dare you
    my posts are crafted from the finest-

how's it going Rubber
    you dog you

Tam on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Fugitive wrote:
    Yeah, 'about' page will be coming probably this weekend when I get around to doing a little self-portrait doodle for it. Same with resizing a bunch of the images. I wanted to keep scrolling on the site to an absolute minimum and then I accidentally the entire v-scroll. Woops!

As a matter of taste I really prefer the 1 page layout. I try to imagine that, like a resume, the quicker you can give an employer as much information as possible the better. I don't think redesigning your website has to be a tremendous hassle. You could probably get away with making your gallery page the very first thing people see when they get there.

Yeah, this is the way my portfolio has been evolving...went from a splash page going to separate 2d and 3d pages, then to one page in one long column, and now to one page with 2 columns so people don't miss the 3d stuff by not scrolling down. I don't want to waste anyone's time with a lot of clicking and such- art directors and such are busy people, and I don't want to waste their time, or have them click through a page and not see anything relevant to what they're looking for, and not bother to click on the page with stuff that is relevant. If I could Matrix-inject my entire portfolio directly into their brain, that would be ideal.

Iruka wrote:
    I'm starting to think I need to simplify mine and do the one page thing.

I'd say this is a good idea- if nothing else, you shouldn't have a link to a comics page that doesn't have work on it.

I've forwarded your name to people looking for artists before, and I usually wind up linking your DeviantArt gallery instead of http://lauramakesart.com/, because the initial front page doesn't tell the viewer much, and it takes two clicks to get to the most job-relevant section (Concept)...I could link directly to the concept page, which has good work, but not in great quantities- so if I do that, it's likely that someone will look just at that section, and miss all your other work. The DeviantArt gallery isn't really ideal, but it gives a much quicker impression of what you're all about at a glance than your current portfolio. (Also it seems to get updated with newer work more often.)

It't probably be easier to just make my site from scratch than try to fix it, since the trend is suddenly make them as simple as possible. Thanks for the advice though, i'll maybe start working on that tonight.

• Options
    Thanks, guys! I'll definitely be posting stuff as the project grows. :)

Out of curiosity, if I create a thread about the project to put all the work-in-progress stuff (turnarounds, storyboards, Flash tests, etc.), would it be against the rules to include a link to the Kickstarter campaign once it's set up and running? Or would that be considered "sitewhoring?"

• Options
    Nope it wouldn't. Sitewhoring is when everything they post is links to their own site, including your kickstarter link is just as legit as posting your deviant art account - as long as you've got the stuff you're showing off in the thread there should be no problemos.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Tam wrote:
    and now I'm reading the other posts
    I made two jokes, but I don't think they're the kind that would suggest I was laughing the whole time I was coming up with them

this is killing me
    what joke napp
    what joke

Sorry about the confusion. My post was supposed to have the quote... but failed. It was supposed to read like this:

farbekrieg wrote:
    I met a man who fell into an upholstery machine. Fortunately, he's fully recovered now.

edit: In other news, what has Bacon done to me D: I have become a pun fiend in the last few months

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular
    Actually I still hate my bank. Time for renewing of burning this mother down.

(They are holding the majority of my paycheck for 10 days to clear? wtf its usually like 2 or 3)

• Options
    Nice, Peter!

Goddammit, this phone is officially dead to me. Beyond having to physically lie a weight on the charging plug to get it to charge, now it seems that the speaker on it doesn't work any more. D:

• Options
    Fuck you, Sargent! 14 years old, are you kidding me??

http://gurneyjourney.blogspot.com/2011/10/14-year-old-artist.html

• Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    He didnt have the internet.

• Options
    oh god

a bronie

• Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    haters gonna hate.

oh excuse me.

129883345347-MLPhgh.gif

• Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    They forgot the bacon.

• Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular

JSS was always and will always be amazing.

• Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Not that funny but it was a good parody of Epic Meal Time.

Also fuck you Nap ponies are funny.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    Anyone live near Vegas/Henderson? I am going to be helping my buddy work his renaissance fair booth out there this weekend.

• Options
    Siegfried wrote:
    Not that funny but it was a good parody of Epic Meal Time.

Also fuck you Nap ponies are funny.

I just like stirring the pony pot.

• Options

I'm done painting - let's all start writing instead. Never heard of a 14 year old writer writing like Burroughs.

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    or henry darger

• Options
    m3nace wrote:

I'm done painting - let's all start writing instead. Never heard of a 14 year old writer writing like Burroughs.

I kinda did. Most people didn't like it though.

• Options
    F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    What are all you PA people listening to lately while working?

This discussion has been closed.