As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] Chaos in the Old World - Discussion and signups - the Horned Rat

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Heh, I totally missed The Under Empire interaction. Still, I'm with FWD here. I don't think HR is anywhere near abusive. It's been said before, but maybe it bears repeating: HR has some weaknesses to exploit. Sure, when he gets ticks he's getting points too, but if you deny him one, you also deny him the other. Also, the Ruinous Powers' corruption can't be killed in battle, but HR's can.

Anyway, I still think Tzeentch is the most powerful god in Morrslieb, although Khorne is looking pretty darn strong right now. Maybe we do just need to wait and see how the metagame shakes out before declaring anyone the strongest.

blahmcblah on
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    I'll add that I think HR is possibly the most fun to play as right now, just barely surpassing Tzeentch for me. Nurgle and Slaanesh can sometimes be a little boring and obvious, and Khorne can be fun, but anyone who's played him can attest to how frustrating he can get when the dice just don't go your way. But swarming the board with hordes of rats, skittering from here to there and back again, and claiming credit for others' hard work... Maybe it says something about me that I enjoy that so much. :P

Edit: And Doomwheel! DOOOOOOM

blahmcblah on
    edited September 2011
    Game 51 has ended in a Nurgle VP victory, marking the first Morrslieb win here for the Lord of Pestilence. Congratulations Magic Geek, and may this be the start of a trend for Nurgle (of at least two games)!

Edit: And in case you didn't click the link to see, four players finished with over 50 VP!

blahmcblah on
  • stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote:
    Edit: And in case you didn't click the link to see, four players finished with over 50 VP!

Yeah, guess who didn't get 50+. :cry:

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
    stever777 wrote:
    blahmcblah wrote:

Yeah, guess who didn't get 50+. :cry:

Sorry, dude. Terrible luck on the dice and on the OWCs. I'm starting to think Bloodletters might be the right first pick every time now.

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    I'd have to agree...if you're going for VP, then the Bloodletter upgrade is a no-brainer. And granted, Khorne has a better shot at the dial than anyone else in Morrslieb, but why take a chance on it when the VP track is going to be easier basically every time?

• texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    I'd have to agree...if you're going for VP, then the Bloodletter upgrade is a no-brainer. And granted, Khorne has a better shot at the dial than anyone else in Morrslieb, but why take a chance on it when the VP track is going to be easier basically every time?

Who cares about easy? I care about strategy and fun. Take out guys and trying for the tics is way better than just counting to 50....

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    I have to say, in my first game as Tzeentch in the expansion, I didn't really like him that much. However, after watching him played by other people, and having the chance to experience him in a game I'm playing with friends, he is seriously just so much fun. I think he's more Tzeentchy in Morrslieb than in the base game.

vRyue2p.png
  • Magic GeekMagic Geek Registered User regular

:D Re- Game 51 :D
    I thought I was SO Stuffed at about turn 2, somehow got there...:)

:) Can I Please Play Khorne Now?

And Seriously, thanks for this.
    Having something to do that is not dealing with obnoxious Cow-workers really helps the day go bye.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    I don't know if that was intentional or not but that's hilarious.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    From game 47:
    Darian wrote: »
    Khorne has won a DIAL victory

Congratulations to Lykouragh on a well-played game and a double-victory. Final board:
    citowg47r59.png

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Damn that is impressive with the double-victory.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    Is that the first double victory?

To the best of my knowledge, yes; I certainly don't have any other DIAL victories marked as double on the spreadsheet.

edited September 2011
    A minor announcement that I ought to have made some time ago:

Darian and stever777 both now have permissions to promote board app accounts from the default level to "official" CF Citow GM status (the difference being that official GM accounts can use save game numbers from the 1-1000 range reserved to CF games). So if you want to host a game in CF and you post as such in this thread, there's now a reasonable chance that someone will spot your request and actually do something about it!

While I'm at it, a few words of reminder:

• If you want to use the board manager to host a PbP game on another forum or something of that nature, feel free to just register an account and go for it. Game numbers > 1000 are available for use by anyone, for any (non-malicious) purpose.
    • If any one of the myriad of eccentricities or bugs in the app is causing you particular grief, you can report it at the bug tracker. Unfortunately, you'll have to register a separate account for the tracker; I've been entirely unsuccessful at mustering the will or the energy to merge accounts with the app. Such is life.

FunkyWaltDogg on
    The strangest thing happened to me the other day...I suddenly and inexplicably developed the urge to implement the Warp Token Cache storage area that Darian asked for ages ago.

citow_wtc_area.png

Drop a WTC card in the marked areas, and it'll be stashed under the scoreboard where the lower yellow rectangle is. Pick it up with the mouse as usual. Up to four WTC cards can be stored; any other card will vanish as usual if you try to put it in the "cache".

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    It's because you've just played it yourself, isn't it. Special interests! Corruption! Etc.

• texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote:
    It's because you've just played it yourself, isn't it. Special interests! Corruption! Etc.

I wanted to say this...but I felt like he improved the game for everyone, regardless of his intentions, and should be left alone...lol But your right, it does seem...suspicious...

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    texasheat wrote:
    jakobagger wrote:

I wanted to say this...but I felt like he improved the game for everyone, regardless of his intentions, and should be left alone...lol But your right, it does seem...suspicious...

I am being entirely facetious, of course.

Of course!

Where would the game be without corruption?

Ruined, that's where!

Ruined, that's where!

Hehe! FWD, you crazy!

OK. I figured it out.
    I'm gonna be the AC/DC Host!
    (Hold your comments, plz.) :(

I will alternate between hosting the base set and the HR expansion, to keep the love alive.
    Now, I'm hosting an HR game. Next will be a base set game.
    Many have stated their, shall we say, "annoyance" with the HR game.
    I'm thinking some would prefer a base set go.
    After all, it's a great game, too!

If those signing up could indicate which game they would prefer, that would be sweet. Then I could just grab the BS(?) players when I need them for the next one.

See you in The Badlands! :bz

edited October 2011
    ** Khorne ! **
    If it gets me going again quicker, sure, Base Set Me.
    Having trouble with reality - The Stench of Cow surrounds me.

Must KILL !

The Order Of the Stick & Shlock Mercenary are not enough. Help ME!
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0807.html#

Magic Geek on
    OK...
    Not sure what that means but if players could list preference of HR or BS.

stever777 wrote:

We're going to South Dakota? Sweet!

I have no real preference re: Base vs. THR. Whichever one means I get to play as Tzeentch, really. I'd actually really like to try a 5-player game with Base cards/upgrades, so I'd jump at the chance to do that too.

edited October 2011
    Umm, I think I'm just thinking a base set game. No HR stuff at all.
    4 players - Old school!

If you wanna play base set 4 player game, put BS.
    If you wanna play HR set 5 player game, put HR.
    If you don't care which, leave it blank.

stever777 on

edited October 2011
    blahmcblah wrote:
    stever777 wrote:

Does South Dakota tap for Black or Red?

Magic Geek on
    Magic Geek wrote:
    blahmcblah wrote:
    stever777 wrote:

Does South Dakota tap for Black or Red?

Yes.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    HR is my preference.

edited October 2011
    Morrslieb set is my preference, for now. But mostly I just like playing Tzeentch.

jakobagger on
    edited October 2011
    From Game 49:
    blahmcblah wrote:

SLAANESH WINS A VP VICTORY!

Congratulations Tmoiy!

Board at game's end:

game49state43.png

And as I noted there, it's Slaanesh's first Morrslieb win here, which means that now every god has at least one Morrslieb win here!

blahmcblah on
    edited October 2011
    ** Khorne ! **

Has this enormous ANGRY piece called the BloodThirster.
    Game 49 is yet another game where the BloodThirster did not enter play.
    WTF?

And congrats Tmoiy, well played.
    Very low profile, even after the maths was explained.. :)

Magic Geek on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    What in the Christ happened in Bretonnia? o_O

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    PARTIES

jakobagger wrote:
    Morrslieb set is my preference, for now. But mostly I just like playing Tzeentch.

It's difficult for me to record a preference when you aren't on the list...

• fateswandererfateswanderer Registered User regular
    Hey, mind if I load the forum's game records into my database to post the stats on BGG? (Also I presume all the Morrsleib games used a mixed OW deck, and all 4p games excluded HR.)

The majority of Morrslieb games have used a mixed deck, but I think we've had at least one game with each possible Old World deck.

Darian wrote:
    jakobagger wrote:

It's difficult for me to record a preference when you aren't on the list...

Whoops, I would also like to get on the list then. D'oh.

edited October 2011
    Hey, mind if I load the forum's game records into my database to post the stats on BGG? (Also I presume all the Morrsleib games used a mixed OW deck, and all 4p games excluded HR.)

All 4p games to date have been base, no HR, but mixed OW deck is definitely not a safe assumption. At least two games have been Expert level OW deck only, and some others have been standard OW deck with Morrslieb in use.
    I think all the 5p games so far have used the upgrades, though; the spreadsheet has all of that info, except for which Old World cards were in the deck.

edit: I updated the spreadsheet with the OW deck. We've only completed one mixed deck game, so far.

Darian on
This discussion has been closed.