As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Graves Mechanic Preview up.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Mukk wrote:
    Wow, Xerath's two other skins are so uninspired. Basically they're just recolorings of the original.

Welcome to Katarina's world.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    In this thread:

Echo reveals his interest in cross-dressing furries.

Joe K finally comes clean with his pedophilia.

SC is discovered to be neither crab nor giraffe.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    Seems like she still left the fuzzy cuffs at home.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

fuk u bro

TRADE SECRETS

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Warwick and Nunu are both solid junglers pre-30. The real trick is making sure one of your teammates picks a solid top lane champion. Because there's a good chance they'll be going 1v2.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Mukk wrote:
    Wow, Xerath's two other skins are so uninspired. Basically they're just recolorings of the original.

At least they have alternate skins even if they are simple recolorings. Janna has literally only had 2 skins forever. Actually, for the longest time she only had 1.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I was boycotting rp until they released an irelia skin

and now infiltrator irelia sucks. gah

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote:
    Mukk wrote:

At least they have alternate skins even if they are simple recolorings. Janna has literally only had 2 skins forever. Actually, for the longest time she only had 1.

well, to be honest, her skins ARE mostly SKIN.... maybe a lapdance Janna... PoleDancer Janna...

• Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    Talith: give me Riven advice!

qFN53.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    talon's Q does soooooo much damage

but W is easy mode harass

I can't decide what to level first

• Options
    edited October 2011
    From what I have read you want to level W if you are being aggressive in lane; you want to level E if you are being defensive in lane; and you always want to level Q last

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Trus wrote:

I can help!

Don't forget to wait between using Q so you proc her passive. Rush your W

tiamat > lucidity boots > wardens mail > brutalizer

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Trus wrote:
    From what I have read you want to level W if you are being aggressive in lane; you want to level E if you are being defensive in lane; and you always want to level Q last

why would you level his E? doesn't it only lower the cdr leveling it?

I usually go R->W->Q->E

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    R->W->Q->E is best, yes

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Ohh man.

Xerath is amazing

His snowball is rediculous. Once you get W leveled up and with CDR, you can be in artillery mode at will pretty much, and your Q has a three second cooldown with good damage and huuuuuuge range.

And every 40 seconds you can make it rain. Electricity.

Ohh and I guess his E is nice if you need to finish someone off or something.

Also, he has powerthirst references. New favorite champ.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options

fuk u bro

TRADE SECRETS

I had my spies tail your hummerzine all the way to your summer retreat.

Care to explain this photo taken of you?

TinyAngryCrabOrGiraffe.jpg

Frankly I take it as nothing more than smoke and mirrors to hide us from the truth!

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'unno; just what I read

gasp I was on a stream! Studio is streaming and you could totally see my name on his friends list

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    she's just a friend

the penguins aren't mine

i have never been to nicaragua

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    Xerith is really fun. Especially if you get drop on someone by attacking from behind some terrain.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote:
    Ohh man.

Xerath is amazing

His snowball is rediculous. Once you get W leveled up and with CDR, you can be in artillery mode at will pretty much, and your Q has a three second cooldown with good damage and huuuuuuge range.

And every 40 seconds you can make it rain. Electricity.

Ohh and I guess his E is nice if you need to finish someone off or something.

Also, he has powerthirst references. New favorite champ.

Is the transition from his shoot and scoot mode quick enough to get out of AOE attacks like Morgana's tormented soil?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    i did not have sexual relations with that giraffe

I did not exhale

Also, I can't wait to give Xerath a run when I get home.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    LefLef Registered User regular
    Trus wrote:

I can help!

Don't forget to wait between using Q so you proc her passive. Rush your W

tiamat > lucidity boots > wardens mail > brutalizer

The skill advice is solid, the build is clearly trolling.

Merc treads and wriggles are really good for early survivalbility + dmg. You can either go for a brut from there or for multiple doran's blades for more health + lifesteal.
    From there you build something with heavy AD, BT IE.

If you are jungling, I prefer to start Doran's into wriggle's instead of going for wriggle's pieces first.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Some early impressions about Xerath:
    Dac Vin wrote:
    Oh just wait, Xerath's gonna get either the Leblanc treatment or even worse, the Cassiopeia treatment.

And despite that he still has a nearly unavoidable stun.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    can i ask what the cassiopeia treatment is
    because cassiopeia has only been buffed since she came out

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    15% AP scaling? By god it's another AP Singed. Zhonya's hourglass as a pure armor item... Deathcap as a 30% boost in armor from AP... multiple ROA! lol

Edit: abyysal scepter, lichbane... ohmygawd it's a TARP! STAY AWAY!

Daris on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I love DOUBLE POSTS

unintentional: Cassiopeia treatment is when Riot nerfs a champion BEFORE they send it into the wild. As it happened to Cassiopeia herself, resulting in what was at the time the worst champion in the game because she couldn't do shit.

Only difference is Xerath still seems to be completely ridiculous despite being nerfed.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    So Riven is ridiculous. With the nerfs her Q does more damage than Lee Sin's, has the same cooldown and doesn't require a successful skillshot to land. She can't dash as far but absorbs more damage, her ult is ridiculously strong and a high damage low cooldown AOE stun is just perfect for interupting every enemy channel ever.

2 Doran's blades, warmogs, atmas, mercs, frozen mallet. Would have thrown a ghostblade in but the game wasn't going to last very long.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Trus wrote:

There are several ways to build her, as anything that gives raw damage or penetration as well as resistances is solid on her. On that note try to get high cdr, AD, and then resistances.

My favorite build order on SR if laning so far is 21/6/ whatever as you spread the remaining 3 points around. Runes are AD reds and quints, flat armor yellows, MR blues

d. blade or boots + pots
    2nd dblade and boots if you haven't gotten it
    ionians
    brut
    ghostblade
    2nd brut
    phage
    and then either finish frozen mallet, atmas, aegis, or FoN depending on what it is you need. Games should generally be over at this point. If you are doing great then just grab a GA as your only defensive item and keep building offense.

Q then either E or W and then the other at 3. Then focus on either W or E depending on what you need in lane. I prefer raising Valor over broken wings for stronger shields more often.

Eventually the 2nd brut gets replaced with any item you need. Drink blue elixirs to keep CDR capped.

Alternatively you can focus on combination offense and defense items like wriggles, hexdrinker, atma, and you can pull off aegis for MR if no one else is getting it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    So Riven is ridiculous. With the nerfs her Q does more damage than Lee Sin's, has the same cooldown and doesn't require a successful skillshot to land. She can't dash as far but absorbs more damage, her ult is ridiculously strong and a high damage low cooldown AOE stun is just perfect for interupting every enemy channel ever.

2 Doran's blades, warmogs, atmas, mercs, frozen mallet. Would have thrown a ghostblade in but the game wasn't going to last very long.

Please tell me your didn't build in that order.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Nope.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I looked at that and was all "Boots are only 350 and so tasty! Why delay so long?"

• Options
    Mechanics question,
    Is there a cap on % based magic penetration? In other words, does buying Void Staff stack with Xerath's W?

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Xerath is incredibly awesome, and he's quite strong too. Not OP, I don't think, as he's easy to shut down if you take advantage of his weaknesses and are able to dodge well, but he's certainly a strong champ.

• Options
    Lef wrote:
    Mechanics question,
    Is there a cap on % based magic penetration? In other words, does buying Void Staff stack with Xerath's W?

Diminishing returns. With mastery, void staff and level 5 W I was getting 69% I think.

• Options
    JakorianJakorian Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    God its taking forever to do a draft normal. Someone on the other team quit during matchmaking more than 5 times in a row.

make that more than 10 times.

Jakorian on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Ok, so flat MPen is utterly worthless on him?

I would think that replacing the standard reds with cdr or ap would probably be the way to go if he wants % pen.
    Is RoA, Party Hat, Void Staff, with Ionian Boots sound like a good starting point for him?

Edit: Jak, its always like that on new champ day. Everyone fighting each other as hard as they can for playtime with the new shiny toys.

Lef on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Lef wrote:
    Ok, so flat MPen is utterly worthless on him?

I would think that replacing the standard reds with cdr or ap would probably be the way to go if he wants % pen.
    Is RoA, Party Hat, Void Staff, with Ionian Boots sound like a good starting point for him?

At level 5 Locus of Power has a 3 second cooldown, I wouldn't worry much about CDR runes to be honest. Flat Mpen is still great on him because it applies after % (correct me if I am wrong, people) so it'll take out what remains of their decimated MR from your sudden 69%.

Right now I've been going dorans, ionian, another dorans or two depending on my farm, or just straight to the rod and then deathcap. Then it's rylai's, then void staff and then whatever.

Anzekay on
  • Options
    Flat pen is calculated before percentage penetration.

Also, percentage penetration is multiplicative.
    1 - (1 - .4) (1 -.15) (1 - .3) = 0.643 = 64% penetration

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    I'm just going to strongly suggest a ban on him or ban him myself in ranked. Then at least the queue dodge will happen immediately and not 4 minutes after we're almost done making picks.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Does Locus of power increase the range of his Summoner spells too?
    What about item range?

Neurotika on
This discussion has been closed.