As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 49

14567810»

• Options
    TmoiyTmoiy Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Parties for everyone!

My first online CitOW victory! I'll claw my way onto the leaderboard yet. :D

That was some crazy bad dice on the last round. 10 out of 24 hits in total. I was pretty scared of a Khorne with three upgrades next round, so I decided to leave myself a 1 in 16 shot of ruining Bretonnia and just winning outright, just in case. Then somehow it actually happened.

Thanks to everyone for a great game!

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    38thDoe wrote:
    Great game Tmoiy, well played.
    I'm not sure where I mis-stepped, I definitely didn't have the cards I wanted a lot of the time, and the slots were blocked the other times. Should have gotten third card slot upgrade I think.

I think you just got messed with a bunch. Nurgle was consistently contesting you for domination in the Empire, and Khorne was making your life difficult elsewhere. HR seems to do well when they have one or two skaven territories that they can keep dominating every turn, while they spend most of their power swarming the regions that are going to ruin. But another upgrade may have served you better, yeah. The Under Empire seems rather overrated.

And of course a lot of it is luck. I was fortunate in that the regions I focused on weren't interfered with too much, and when they were the dice generally went my way.

Tmoiy on
  • Options
    fateswandererfateswanderer Registered User regular
    Thanks to all for the game, and congrats to Tmoiy!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    At least the suffering was brief.

I promise that next game I'm in I'll actually try to contribute to the game as a whole, rather then just rolling into a corner and sobbing quietly.

By the way, what earned Khorne VP in the battle phase?

• Options
    Bloodletters - You gain two victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Ahh. I was thinking that upgrade icon was the cultist.

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Sorry for disappearing on you all; thanks to Tmoiy and blah for keeping this going in my absence. Also, congrats to Tmoiy for a solid win as Slaanesh!

• Options
    Welcome back, I hope all is well!

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Yep, no worries.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Whoa it's over?

I got really distracted with school and student loans, so sorry for zoning out for days at a time.

YL9WnCY.png