As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Saints Row: The Third - SEE THE TOP OF OP FOR HUGE WARNINGS BEFORE PLAYING!

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Is custom music really that big of a deal? I mean, hell, if I want that kind of shit I mute the game's music and turn on my MP3 collection or radio.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    There's really no excuse.

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Hmmm. Wonder if the custom music thing is because of fear of cloud music lawsuit. I know it's not the same thing, but recently it seems everyone is suing everyone else about this kinda stuff. Volition might be covering their asses on this. Dunno.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    Ninja, while I salute you insanity in modding, dear sir, you scare me some times. :)

I've been called many things in my life (some I wouldn't dare repeat in public) but "scary" was never among them. I'm just having fun. :D

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Idol, one of these days I'd love to do co-op with you, though I'd likely be a boring partner. If I don't wanna install the super-sliders or other optional mods, is that still possible?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote:
    Idol, one of these days I'd love to do co-op with you, though I'd likely be a boring partner. If I don't wanna install the super-sliders or other optional mods, is that still possible?

Sounds like fun. Different options won't matter for coop. We can still play. :)

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    IdolNinja wrote:
    I've been called many things in my life (some I wouldn't dare repeat in public) but "scary" was never among them. I'm just having fun. :D

And so am I. :D

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Idol is the street wise Hercules here to fight the rising odds.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote:
    Idol is the street wise Hercules here to fight the rising odds.

Well, that's a new one. :lol:

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    SoulGate wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    No custom music? That's really strange.

I mean, why the hell not include it?

Because man, I need a hero.

That song's in the game you know.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    The lack of custom music and roller skates isn't a big deal at all to me.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    yeah I dont care about custom music at all

alt+tab -> play music -> alt+tab

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    alt-tab -> "Saints Row 3.exe has stopped working"

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    SoulGate wrote:
    jdarksun wrote:
    No custom music? That's really strange.

I mean, why the hell not include it?

Because man, I need a hero.

That song's in the game you know.

Oh HELL yes.

• Options
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Suriko wrote:
    Mods.

And for those poor souls playing on console?

Well, our game will actually work.

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote:
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Suriko wrote:
    Mods.

So tell me, what's it like living in the 90's?

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Magic Pink wrote:
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Suriko wrote:
    Mods.

So tell me, what's it like living in the 90's?

It's great. All my games work. But I can't make giant midgets riding rollerblades. :(

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    IdolNinja wrote:
    Suriko wrote:
    Mods.
    Well, we're insecure geese, so we'll probably make snarky unrelated comments any time an issue is brought up that diminishes the appeal of our chosen platform.

So I respond to someone once again putting down consoles (with no insult included in my post I might add), get called a "poor soul", behind the times and an insecure goose and I'm being the snarky one?

You need to check your definitions.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Pretty good. There's this new thing called a "Playstation" that all the kids are going crazy for.
    Supposedly it can play music cd's, which is exciting.

• Options
    Rizzi wrote:
    Pretty good. There's this new thing called a "Playstation" that all the kids are going crazy for.
    Supposedly it can play music cd's, which is exciting.

It'll never replace Mode 7! emot-argh.gif

• Options
    Mode 7 is a horrible technology, and you all know it.

• Options
    But the spinning tunnel in Castlevania!

ANYWAY

So, Saint's Row 3. I hear they got guns. And has anyplace confirmed collectibles/findables yet? I know SR2 had CDs and Paint Spots. Does SR3 just have those again, nothing or different things?

• Options
    There are two achievements in the achievement list for SR3.

Getting the Goods
    Find 25% of all Collectibles.
    Life of the Party
    Find 100% of all Collectibles.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    jdarksun wrote:
    In at least three different threads, any time somebody brings something negative up about a console - no mod support, for example - you say "PC games don't work" or some variant. When there's problems (Dead Island), you gloat.

Somebody saying consoles not having mod support isn't putting them down. It's truth. It's like saying "consoles have lower display resolutions (1080p < 1920x1200)".

Somebody saying PC games have a significantly higher chance of not running on your system out of the box isn't putting them down. It's truth.

Stop trying your best to make an argument where there isn't one dude.

Just move on. Life's too short.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote:
    Magic Pink wrote:
    So I respond to someone once again putting down consoles... and I'm being the snarky one?
    In at least three different threads, any time somebody brings something negative up about a console - no mod support, for example - you say "PC games don't work" or some variant. When there's problems (Dead Island), you gloat.

Somebody saying consoles not having mod support isn't putting them down. It's truth. It's like saying "consoles have lower display resolutions (1080p < 1920x1200)".

Sure, except that's not what he said is it? And that's not what I said. But then if you actually told the truth you'd be wrong and you can't have that.

He said console user were "poor souls". I can quote it if you can't find it. I can find oodles of quotes of people putting down console users, not consoles themselves, including you.

Solid truth: Current PCs are better then consoles. There's no denying it. You have sharper graphics, more updates, modding and the games are cheaper. The trade off is the PC users get completely fucked over at launch; the games either don't work or get delayed by months. I, myself, prefer the games to just work. Any "gloating" I've done has been completely tongue in cheek and in response to "gloating" from PC users.

• Options
    Idol wasn't being snarky or condescending at all. He's like the least offensive person I know of on these boards.

• Options
    Rock HolidayRock Holiday Registered User regular
    You think instead of having the thread about the greatest thing to happen to us since Saints Row 2 devolve into a PC vs. console hissyfit that has no chance of having a conclusion, y'all could get back in the fucking truck and help me spray some more diarrhea on these buildings? I can still see some white patches up there.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    hey guys shut up about the stupid obnoxious pc vs console shit throwing contest

and look at this if you dare
    HUGE SPOILER
    E7SQl.jpg

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    hey guys shut up about the stupid obnoxious pc vs console shit throwing contest

and look at this if you dare
    HUGE SPOILER
    E7SQl.jpg

Foamyepicness.png

• Options
    I'm not sure what that means.

• Options
    Looks like he's frothing with excitement.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    That or someone came in his mouth.

Still not buying the game day 1. With the DLC talk and the packs and such, I feel waiting on it would be wise since there could be a game+DLC bundle down the line.
    And I may even have a working PC by then

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Magic Pink wrote:
    He said console user were "poor souls". I can quote it if you can't find it. I can find oodles of quotes of people putting down console users, not consoles themselves, including you.

Whoa there. All I meant was that a shortcoming or limitation in the game couldn't be modded/fixed on consoles. I honestly felt bad for console players to whom custom music was important to. If anything, I was responding to what I felt were snarky comments from elitist PC players who dismissed these shortcomings as unimportant.

EDIT:
    Also,
    SemDp.jpg
    XP3qu.jpg
    b3Oid.jpg
    HRb9v.jpg
    4XzpD.jpg
    11YGW.jpg
    2tqxG.jpg
    jwatI.jpg
    M60En.jpg
    6FUx1.jpg
    thR2J.jpg
    FsP53.jpg
    kM1cb.jpg
    2aVEi.jpg
    hwt8d.jpg
    LgA9z.jpg
    mG1FS.jpg

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Don't console users have the ability to play music from the dashboard anyway? I remember doing that for countless games back on my launch 360.

• Options
    Big Isy wrote:
    Don't console users have the ability to play music from the dashboard anyway? I remember doing that for countless games back on my launch 360.

You're forgetting the logistics of attempting to pause and lower/stop music for in-game dialogue and cutscenes. It's a pain in the ass whenever I play SR2 on 360. Having it tied to an in-game radio station is a far more elegant solution.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote:
    That or someone came in his mouth.

Still not buying the game day 1. With the DLC talk and the packs and such, I feel waiting on it would be wise since there could be a game+DLC bundle down the line.
    And I may even have a working PC by then

You'll be waiting a long time. Volition has a ton of DLC already announced and they are selling a Season Pass. I don't think the DLC is going to be done anytime soon with SRt3rd.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Idolninja wrote:
    M60En.jpg
    Fire consume my animes!

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Glad to see the Saints Angel returns. I liked that in the hideout in 2.

• Options
    What do we have... five weeks?

I ordered from THQ, so I am not sure how long it will take to actually get the game in the mail. I didn't see anything about release date delivery. The season pass DLC deal was too good to pass up.

That gold-skinned Boss looks amazing. I am sure I will make my Boss gold, at least for a while!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Someone post one of the braindead faces from SR2, that is my thought about that heli carrier....tell me it respawns and we can blow several up, I want to destroy a fleet!

This discussion has been closed.