As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA comic: Friday Oct. 7, 2011 - Demographic Mismatch, Part One

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited October 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-hX9DsPV-XL.jpg
i-hX9DsPV-XL.jpg

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Ramius on

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Gabe is so confused bordering on disappointment in that last panel.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    This comic is beautiful.

The newspost story is also excellent. Double whammy.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Dear god, what is wrong with her boobs?

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    I'm really surprised they stuck to the schedule and didn't interrupt it for something about Jobs.

Also, I'm not sure if Mike has ever seen tits in real life if that's how he draws them....

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I'm really surprised they stuck to the schedule and didn't interrupt it for something about Jobs.

Also, I'm not sure if Mike has ever seen tits in real life if that's how he draws them....

They're supposed to be used up old hooker tits you see.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Does the newspost continue on Monday, or was that the end of the story? Feels like it cut off rather abruptly after all that buildup.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    godmode wrote:
    Does the newspost continue on Monday, or was that the end of the story? Feels like it cut off rather abruptly after all that buildup.
    Jerry wrote:
    I asked him to write it up for the site, and he did: in two parts. Here is the first.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    heard a story about him at PAX, and it ended up being a true story. I asked him to write it up for the site, and he did: in two parts. Here is the first.
    Yeah so waiting for part two is killing me

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    The Bunny Ranch is like 10 hours from Vegas.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    jackal wrote:

Shh, you'll ruin the story

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    jackal wrote:

Also given the reputation I assume the hookers look a bit nicer.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular

Mournful tits.

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Those are some desperate, sad tits. Like the wailing banshee lost souls of boobs.

• Options
    webofinkwebofink Registered User regular
    The look on Gabe's face..

It's dead, Jim.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It's like two suicide notes stuffed in a glitter bra

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BassguyBassguy Ghost Ride the Dragon Registered User regular
    This is everything I want from a comic. I laughed. I cried. I grew as a person.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    When I read this comic, I had hoped that I wouldn't be the first person to make a "sad tits" reference.
    I'm glad to see that you fine gentleman scholars are on top of such things.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Came here for the Venture Bros references. Was not disappointed.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    kingworks wrote:
    Which episode of VB was that in?

The one where sidekicks are getting kidnapped

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I think Jobs is gonna have to wait till after the PAX retreat

• Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Birthday comic is... acceptable.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Day Before Wedding Comic is as appropriate as one would ever hope.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    If this comic has a followup I will be pleased as shit.

• Options
    MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    What is the place where the comic isnt blocked.

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • Options
    Y|yukichigaiY|yukichigai Registered User regular
    jackal wrote:

The answer is yes to both. There are 4 brothels in the immediate area of Mound House, Nevada, including the Bunnyranch, which is the most expensive of them all. This is for a reason. Seriously, words can't describe how ridiculously hot these women are. Not "stripper hot", I'm talking about the real deal.

The tits depicted in the comic more resemble the kind you'd find at one of the OTHER nearby brothels, which I shall not name, but to better convey the quality of the place I will state that the police have been called to its location on more than one occasion due to some of the working girls having fights in the parking lot. Fights involving knives. Think West Side Story, but less "choreographed" and more "bitch I will cut you 'til you ain't pretty."

On another note, as someone who grew up near these places (I live literally 10 minutes down the road) I often had the same thought as Gabe when I was a child. I once asked my Dad why all the cute bunnies had to be raised in the moonlight, and if we could go see them. He almost laughed coffee out of his nose, which was inconvenient since he was driving at the time.

Oh, and if either Gabe or Tycho read this: for a moment I actually thought you visited and didn't invite any of we few Bunnyranch-area fans to hang out, and was mildly let down. Then I realized that a) having a bunch of random people you don't know hang out with you just before you go pay for sex would be weird, and b) you have some of those "wives" we've all heard about that apparently take it badly when you couple your sexual organs with anyone's but theirs.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    You are some kind of brothel expert.

We should hang out some time.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    jackal wrote:

The answer is yes to both. There are 4 brothels in the immediate area of Mound House, Nevada, including the Bunnyranch, which is the most expensive of them all. This is for a reason. Seriously, words can't describe how ridiculously hot these women are. Not "stripper hot", I'm talking about the real deal.

The tits depicted in the comic more resemble the kind you'd find at one of the OTHER nearby brothels, which I shall not name, but to better convey the quality of the place I will state that the police have been called to its location on more than one occasion due to some of the working girls having fights in the parking lot. Fights involving knives. Think West Side Story, but less "choreographed" and more "bitch I will cut you 'til you ain't pretty."

On another note, as someone who grew up near these places (I live literally 10 minutes down the road) I often had the same thought as Gabe when I was a child. I once asked my Dad why all the cute bunnies had to be raised in the moonlight, and if we could go see them. He almost laughed coffee out of his nose, which was inconvenient since he was driving at the time.

Oh, and if either Gabe or Tycho read this: for a moment I actually thought you visited and didn't invite any of we few Bunnyranch-area fans to hang out, and was mildly let down. Then I realized that a) having a bunch of random people you don't know hang out with you just before you go pay for sex would be weird, and b) you have some of those "wives" we've all heard about that apparently take it badly when you couple your sexual organs with anyone's but theirs.

Basically come up with any variation using the words 'Kat' and 'Ranch' and you can name every brothel in Moundhouse.

Even the name, Moundhouse, there's nothing legitimate that can go on in a place named that.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I put a mirror up for people who can't see it.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Well its legal. I would say its legit. Legit pants mounds.

• Options
    I guess you're right, legitimate was not the right word there...

Mounds all up in the house.

• Options
    Y|yukichigaiY|yukichigai Registered User regular
    LTM wrote:
    Basically come up with any variation using the words 'Kat' and 'Ranch' and you can name every brothel in Moundhouse.

Maybe 10 years ago. Now they all have fairly different names: Sagebrush Ranch, Kit-Kat Ranch, and the Love Ranch.

Well I suppose the "Ranch" part is the same....

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular

So... how did your dad try to explain that one?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    jackal wrote:

True, but the Bunny Ranch has an HBO show made about it and is therefore the most well known brothel in Nevada.

Just over the hill from Las Vegas is the town of Pahrump. Prostitution is legal just outside that town and also houses the most expensive brothel in Nevada. But a few others as well. Words from a former local resident of Las Vegas.

Regardless, how do some people take this comic so seriously?!

Aphostile on
    Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    LTM wrote:

Maybe 10 years ago. Now they all have fairly different names: Sagebrush Ranch, Kit-Kat Ranch, and the Love Ranch.

Well I suppose the "Ranch" part is the same....

You can also check into them on 4square from the parking lot iirc.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you sure it isn't the chicken ranch? there is a documentary about that one

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    The Bunny Ranch was a huge hit for two seasons on HBO.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Gabe's face in the last panel is a story in and of itself. There is perplexity, perishing hope, and the first hint of a fear which precedes, one impending flash of realization later, a sudden, horrified comprehension of the truth.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote:
    godmode wrote:
    Jerry wrote:
    I asked him to write it up for the site, and he did: in two parts. Here is the first.

Whoopsie...Forgot I read that part by the time I reached the bottom of the post :lol:

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    edit fail

jwalk on