As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

221b Baker [Chat]

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Won't you take me to

Funkytown?

Is your body still in revolt from earlier?

The rebellion continues, but the ruling party refuses to acknowledge their demands.

In other words: mind over matter, at this point.

Keep strong! ... unless it goes on for too long, then go see a doctor, duder.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu wrote:
    What's the difference in notation between combinations and permutations? I know they both have the big parentheses, but what tells you which one you're looking at?

Permutation: X!
    Combination: nCk

Not quite. X! is X factorial. nPk is the permutation The (NK) type notation I've only seen with combinations not permutations. I can't guarantee that that is the truth.

i elaborated on this later you goddamned nub

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    What's the difference in notation between combinations and permutations? I know they both have the big parentheses, but what tells you which one you're looking at?

Permutation: X!
    Combination: nCk

Not quite. X! is X factorial. nPk is the permutation The (NK) type notation I've only seen with combinations not permutations. I can't guarantee that that is the truth.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Oh man I love Dark Souls so much, I just love the whole design behind it. It's so deliciously old school.

For example:
    Saw a little side path and was like, whoah, a body to loot, cool. Guess that's all to see here? What's that a note a player left? "Try attacking." *swing, hit wall, wall disappears* Oh you sneaky bastards. Follow this new path, treasure chest at the end. Yay! I get a bit of an idea, skirt behind the treasure chest, swing at that wall. Also an illusion. Where does this lead? An entire, giant zone. Good god.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I'm highly amused by the stack-based forums.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Eddy wrote:
    Drove around georgetown in a luxury car with a beautiful girl and excellent music

What more can I ask of life

You could ask to piss on her, I guess.

Chu

You are one of kind. One of a good kind.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    BeNarwhal wrote:
    Won't you take me to

Funkytown?

Is your body still in revolt from earlier?

The rebellion continues, but the ruling party refuses to acknowledge their demands.

In other words: mind over matter, at this point.

Keep strong! ... unless it goes on for too long, then go see a doctor, duder.

Nah. I know the cause, and I know the solution, but I'll try to fight through it instead of treating it in any way because I'm a stubborn moron.

Physical discomfort and I are no strangers, but I respond to it poorly everytime.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh man. I am a guy who loves Apple's multi-touch trackpads on their Macs... and I have a wireless Magic Trackpad now! Whee! But even though the gestures are totally configurable with software, I choose to leave them at default and figure shit out whenever I stumble across it.

I just discovered in iChat, swiping up or down with three fingertips flips between conversation tabs! It's super awesome, since I was using like cmd brace (left or right for up or down).

So cool.

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    operation work more than 8 hours today was a stunning failure

operation spend 4 hours in a bar was a success

sig.gif
  • Options
    operation work more than 8 hours today was a stunning failure

operation spend 4 hours in a bar was a success

:^:

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I disapprove of this chat. I vote for:
    Steve Jobs Memorial [Chat] Memorial [Chat]

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    my bad @Organichu

Now to watch Community Season 2. :D

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote:
    I disapprove of this chat. I vote for:
    Steve Jobs Memorial [Chat] Memorial [Chat]

Oh Steve Jobs memorial [chat], we hardly knew ye

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Eddy wrote:
    Drove around georgetown in a luxury car with a beautiful girl and excellent music

A real man would have a driver.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    whoever said

i was a man????

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    that was me eddy; i said that

sig.gif
  • Options
    that was me eddy; i said that

i thought you said that eddy was "a big girl"

• Options
    zzzzzzzzzzz

sleep time

sig.gif
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Eddy wrote:

A real man would have a driver.

And that driver would also be a beautiful lady.

And the car would be a third beautiful lady, but one large enough to fit a couple of suitcases in her trunk.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    spider
    tumblr_lsicljhBoI1qb5gkjo1_400.gif

• Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    spider

He is our hero!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    spider

:O <3

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    tumblr_lsnm5icrEU1qbrwiro1_500.jpg

• Options
    What kind of horrible monster invents Chocolate Sour Cherry bread.

What fiend makes it that goddamn big.

What vile beast makes it impossible to stop.

• Options

Oh. My. God.

That is...just beautiful. I mean, that needs to be immortalized or something.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    So for my birthday my brother's bought me a huge NERF armada with the new disk-thrower type ammo.

The rules of the game are that only headshots count. Naturally we play with safety goggles.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Did you produce this?

• Options
    No I stole it from a tumblr I was reading

also Nerf arsenals are the best, check out ours
    IMG00551.jpg

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Dear problems of the world: can't you at least pretend you were actually hard so I don't feel stupid for investing so much time into them?

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

also Nerf arsenals are the best, check out ours
    IMG00551.jpg

I wish I could swing a nerf axe into you guys one day

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

I was going to profess adoration for you.

Though for that nerf collection I guess I still can!

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    In May 2011, representatives of the Ku Klux Klan distanced themselves from the [Westboro Baptist] church, denouncing them as "hatemongers".[167]

Ahahaha.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I guess at level 25 I should not go into "Blight Town". I guess I shouldn't have lost those 30k souls. I guess that was a lot of levels.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    God, people who don't like cats. How. Why.

• Options
    Tried to organize a good trade with a stupid friend of mine. Rejected. I hope he enjoys scoring 50 points every week with his awful roster. I mean he must, but he is the guy who after 50,000 halo deaths still wonders how he died every time.

One of those people who calls himself "smart" every now and then when feeling threatened. "I'm not an idiot!"

• Options
    *sip* He is.

• Options
    I think my impending doom sense is screaming deep from inside of me, but my shell of cheerfulness is keeping it down.

Goddamn biological clocks are going to kill me.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I'm in dance stagnation.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Thanks to the existance of promo versions, I have gotten the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus and God of War PSP collections for £15 less than I would have if I had bought them from the shop.

That's a total of £45 I've saved by hunting around for promo versions.

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    Huh. I fell asleep at my desk. That's not good.

This discussion has been closed.