As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Graves Mechanic Preview up.

• LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    Glal wrote:
    Welp, hit level 20, time to start buying some T3 runes. What's the best return for money (ie, IP) when I play Teemo, Rumble, Alistar and Kennen? I've noticed the guildes for three of those recommend Fort Quints.

You should have soem succes with magic pen reds for all of these, though for Teemo I suppose that depends on your build. other wise flat/scaling armor yellows and flat/scaling mr blues should be nice aswell. I prefer scaling runes, other when jungling where flat armor yellows are often a must have.

For quints, movespeed is handy. Since they nerfed fortitude quints they are not as effective, but still not bad. Armor pen quints coupled with armor pen reds is very nice, and ap quints can be nice for an early boost with the mp reds.

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    So, pickup up LeBlanc this weekend. She's super fun. It's all the bursty mage-yness I'll ever need.

• PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    health quints are pretty good on tristana... her damage 1-7 comes from her burst, so offensive runes don't particularly help her kill, but defensive runes let you extend so much more chasing that kill. It's only a handful of games that I've killed and made it out with <75 hp, but there's very little helpful alternative for quints that help trist early.

I suppose you could take movespeed or arpen for late game madness

sig.gif
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    I'm watching vman7's stream over on solomid and I swear he spends more time looking at his tv than the computer screen and he still blows people up left and right. Who do I have to sell my soul to in order to get this ability?

you need a girly voice, ringlets, and some serious rage

obF2Wuw.png
  • GooseyGooseGooseyGoose Registered User regular
    I have been hovering between 1100 and 1200 elo for like 50 games now. Last season I rode twitch up to 1600 before I stopped playing. I need a champion that can help pull me out of this level. I've been playing mostly akali, but unless I'm just bad, I can't seem to carry a team of bads to victory. It doesn't matter if I'm 15 and 2, if the team doesn't push our early advantage and win by like 30 minutes, I feel like I become useless. After I pick off some people they almost always start roaming together so I can't safely assassinate anyone. I can maybe burst down one of their carries in a team fight and then pop zonya's but I will inevitably be burst down right after.

So, I'm willing to learn, adapt, whatever it takes to get to a respectable elo level. I am really good at last hitting creeps. I'm not good at duo laning because the guy I lane with always seems to auto attack them. I haven't jungled before but I have a feeling I'd like it.

I get the sense I need a guy that can single handedly win games with farm. Right now that is my strong point. I don't think I'm particularly good at team fights. I need to get better at those.

Teach me please :/

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Nasus. Farm for 20 minutes with Q last hitting. blow up the enemy tank in fights. plus you'll probably get to solo top.

initiatefailure on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Probably the safest random bads carry is somebody like ryze

a) he's fat
    b) he goes mid and can beat most characters 1v1 (and certainly most idiots)
    c) he does good burst and sustained deeps
    d) he fits into any team comp as he brings a nice 2 second root on a short cooldown and is generally fabulous

akali can work too but you need to be very active in making sure your team gets the early game objectives and snowballs

if you're winning as ryze that means you've negated the enemy team's mid and you have easy access to dragon, baron, and both top and bot lanes - you could probably have similar luck going top lane with somebody like nasus and running tp but then you're a lot more dependent on your team to do stuff

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    So, LeBlanc, should I start rushing Majai, or build up some AP to get the ganks, then build Majai?

I know she is like crazy snowball champ, but how should I start the ball rolling?

you should be able to get a few early kills without a huge amount of early ap because her base damage is ricockulous

150 + 60 + 165 + 66 + 85 + 80 = 606 damage just counting base at level 6

throw in an ignite and that's 770 damage

shit is tite yo

obF2Wuw.png
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Have to say dominion is growing on me. Had a game this weekend where the final score in or victory was 2-0. Hard to get a closer game than that.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Gooooood. EUNE has some massive lag issues. I just tried a solo game of TT to try a Warwick jungle route. Good thing I tried it solo, because man. It's as if the game just ignores any input I give it while minions keep on fighting normally. Took 30+ seconds to manage to attack something after I right-clicked it.

edited October 2011
    Echo, are you running through Steam? I found the game to be unplayable in that way when I tried that.

Neurotika on
  • Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    How do you fella's build the Ryze man in Dominion? I've been playing around with him, his scalability is so nice he seems like an amazing pick.

Bottom lane seems to be a great place for him to setup shop, he shuts down a great deal of people who head down that way.

The standard items seem just as wise on Dominion:
    Odyns Veil, Frozen Heart, Archangel's Staff, Will of the Ancients, Sorc Shoes, Deathcap

I can't seem to figure out the priorities on my items at all though. I've been starting Catalyst as you level up almost immediately upon facing meeting your opponent bottom lane, which gives you a great window to throw some spells in their face and sustain right through it. There's a good likelihood you'll level again upon reaching their tower (few push as well as Ryze) which will let you siege it as well. The lane sustain of the item is superb. Usually, I grab a relevant defensive item for my dueling opponent and then grab shroud (unless armor was the relevant stat). Tear must be next to get mana generating, or so I thought, but it makes me so squishy. After tear, I generally upgrade to an improved defensive item (heart/veil) based on the opponents again.

It's a tough choice though. Every item has such power and synergy, Ryze just scales so well with so many different things. Have you guys found an earlier revolver better? Should I really wait until the last 40 points to probably grab my deathcap? What about Rod of Ages? Tear and Rod seems unfeasible due to general game length, but archangels so so incredibly potent.

What do you guys do?

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    This'll be... something.

Just got into a SR where my entire team (save me, I'm Luxxing this up) is all assassin melee. (Kat, Akali, Yi, Kassadin.) And the entire enemy team is ranged. (Vayne, Kog, Morvanna, Fiddlesticks, Nidalee)

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    So, I played my first soloqueue game in, like, forever. I usually don't play with less than 2 other people and oftentimes, the pick-ups are less than stellar...

But I wanted to play and no one was around, so I tried soloqueue. I picked Singed because no one wants to tank except for me, it seems. Other picks: Caitlyn, Soraka (top), Annie (mid) and Twitch (bot with me)

Cait and Soraka got first blood and doublekills and took down their tower in about 10 minutes. I was against a really nasty Karthus (he had over 250 wins) and a Nidalee (low-level one, but still, those spears.) Twitch was really competent, got a triple kill which I assisted, I ended up with 9 assists in a 20 minute game.

I don't understand why you guys don't get stellar pubs like that. My first soloqueue game in a long while was p. marvelous. Guys, get more lucky, like me.

ForceVoid wrote:
    Echo, are you running through Steam? I found the game to be unplayable in that way when I tried that.

Nope.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Does anyone else have the LoL client stop taking button input randomly if you change focus to another window? I have to mash mouse buttons and do dark voodoo for it to finally let me click the damn buttons again, can't even close it properly because the widgets are also part of the client.
    AdobeAir is a big pile of shit.

Glal on
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    you should be able to get a few early kills without a huge amount of early ap because her base damage is ricockulous

150 + 60 + 165 + 66 + 85 + 80 = 606 damage just counting base at level 6

throw in an ignite and that's 770 damage

shit is tite yo
    Not really all that tight. 606 + 2.5AP. Assuming 58 AP (2x Doran's), she's at 756 burst.
    For comparison:
    Annie RQWQ = 937 (no auto, no aura) up to 1362 (assuming 3 autos from Tibbers (0.625 AS) and five secs of his aura)
    Brand EWQR = 655 (1 bounce) to 1013 (3 bounces) + 2.4% of max hp
    Orianna QWREQ = 726
    Cassiopeia RWQEEEQEE (rough estimates of E based on personal experience and spell travel time) = 1333 (1 tick of W) to 1469 (5 ticks of W)

LeBlanc gets an extra 208 if she gets the Q off again after her rotation, but her burst is still actually average to bad for a mid caster.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Your AP ratio is a bit off; it's actually +3.49 AP. The assumption is Q+RQ+W+E, which is .6+.3+.66+.33+.6+.5+.5.

Still not amazing burst, but actually a bit higher than listed. The real thing with LB is that she scales fairly well single target, her damage is all fast, and she's pretty good at harassing since she can combine an effortless silence with the ability to teleport out of danger.

I ate an engineer
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I think the kicker with LeBlanc is that it's repeatable burst given how quick her Ultimate comes back. It's something stupid like 40/32/24, right?

Also, the double-hit from Chains plus the slow have to help, and the Silence from Sigil makes it way safer than anything bar Annie with a stun ready, which you can see from a mile away.

LeBlanc tends to just wander in and BAM OUT OF NOWHERE you're silenced, slowed, and half your health is gone.

Unless you buy an early Negatron cloak and just laugh at her.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Assuming LeBlanc lands every part of her spell rotation, QRWE+E part 2, her AP ratio at 6 is actually 3.49. Add another .9 as she can more than likely fire another Q off at the end of that. Remove .6 if she saves distortion instead of using it to help trigger a seal.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Probably the safest random bads carry is somebody like ryze

a) he's fat
    b) he goes mid and can beat most characters 1v1 (and certainly most idiots)
    c) he does good burst and sustained deeps
    d) he fits into any team comp as he brings a nice 2 second root on a short cooldown and is generally fabulous

akali can work too but you need to be very active in making sure your team gets the early game objectives and snowballs

if you're winning as ryze that means you've negated the enemy team's mid and you have easy access to dragon, baron, and both top and bot lanes - you could probably have similar luck going top lane with somebody like nasus and running tp but then you're a lot more dependent on your team to do stuff

I'm liking the 'ding for soloque normals.

The biggest problem I've had is JrFizbans bringing the negativity ... like last night, i did a solo q, ended up with a farmer trynd, i held court mid pushing around their fiddles, I had a sub 15:00 RoA, Trynd uber-farmed up and we facerolled them.

So, I duo with Trynd for last game of the night, a little later than i like to play. Trynd and I have the same starts, I pushed mid to the inner turrets with a large cs and kill advantage, and we couldn't drive it home. Our Jarvan, who actually didnt farm badly, just not amazing, liked to go all DEMACIA! 3v1. Then he'd yell at the Ding (me) that I wasn't supporting his little suicide adventures, I mean, I threw my W and E to help him in his cage, but then the Ding was saving his own ass if jarvan couldnt finish three tanks off.... Constant negativity spewing from him. I kept asking nicely for actual team fighting, and he kept saying that he was going to go solo. Dude just didn't get that it was a team game, which means that you actually have to work together, like a... team... grumble.

I've been building Ding, well, I called it a troll build, but I'm not sure that it's all that trollish. I can reliably hold court at mid and farm up to a 15min RoA on my first B, starting with meki and 2 blue pots. Next B is an Archangels. i'm grabbing blue buff every chance I get, as well as dragons. From there, I go either Rylai's or Warmogs. Somewhere I buy MPen boots. I still haven't figured out what to do with the last two slots, I guess its situational, I had a frigging thornmail because the entire team was AD. Ideally, it would be an RDC and something else, I really don't know what to get there, considering DFG, although the game is usually over when I'm filling the last two slots.... I use 9/0/21 masteries for max CDR, CDR Blues, Flat Mana Regen Yellows, flat MPen Reds, and flat AP Quints.

Anybody got ideas how to improve the build?

Her cooldowns are actually pretty unappealing. She needs to use her ultimate for the initial burst and then she has much much lower sustained damage than other mages.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    i0I64.png

dis gaem

2 pentas

both screwed by COMMUNISTS

obF2Wuw.png
  • priestwithknivespriestwithknives Registered User regular
    ^^ back to back pentas confirmed

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    EJ00y.jpg
    do people still care about breaking 2k points because i did way better

unintentional on
    Gunblade Riven, you are a man after my own heart Crab.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    What the deuce.

whatthedeuce.jpg

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Jarvan is watching you poop.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Then he'd yell at the Ding (me) that I wasn't supporting his little suicide adventures...

I get yelled at all the time for that, you just have to not care. I routinely leave people in the jungle to die if they're dumb enough to get caught in there at low health against a high burst champ. Then they scream at me in chat. If i'm lucky they even bitch in all chat!

Dark_Side on
  • DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    Jarvan is watching you poop.
    Silly goose, I was drinking!
    You owe me a keyboard...

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    edited October 2011
    ok duders

how to build kassadin

mytB5.png

gunblade pantheon gunblade ezreal gunblade riven gunblade renekton gunblade shaco gunblade kayle gunblade EVERYTHING

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • TheNubcakeTheNubcake Registered User new member
    Hola Dominion players! I want to spread the good word of Malzahar bottom lane. Help me out please :)

My official forum post: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1345027
    My MOBAfire Malzahar Dominion guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/malzahar-carrying-yourself-through-dominion-135804

Danke!

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Calling it now, gunblade nerf next patch.

• LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    ok duders

how to build kassadin

mytB5.png

gunblade pantheon gunblade ezreal gunblade riven gunblade renekton gunblade shaco gunblade kayle gunblade EVERYTHING

But why no gunblade on kassa? :O

Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    all gunblade everything

stacks on stacks on stacks

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:

I hope so

I'm just mad at akali and jax

icGJy2C.png
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I call shenanigans on that Kassadin; you had 15.5k earned and nowhere near 15.5k in items.

I ate an engineer
  • DarisDaris Registered User regular
    I have made an observation with Lux's skillset. When I'm with bads they need me right there for every fight and my abilities aren't enough to win things for them. When I am with good characters I can let them know my laser is up and ready and sit offscreen while they setup a 2v2 or 3v3. Then I vaporize the enemy champions when they gather and we roll on. Simple.

I seriously get tired of people who can't win with Lux backing them up. I snared a melee AND a ranged carry, aoe'd three of them, shielded two of you twice and one of you once, and lasered two of their champs to critical health...

...why did we lose that fight?

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Dark_Side wrote:

I'm expecting Heimy and Rammus nerfs, too...

although, I don't think that I've run into anyone else who plays a good heimer... seen him a couple times, but nothing notable. i've had people try to convince me that Heimer is bad, because his only CC is his E and he doesnt really have burst, but... I dunno, you can rock mid with only like Morgana and Cait giving you serious problems, and if your team actually knows how to slow push and follow the turrets, he's pretty damn good.

This discussion has been closed.