As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA comic: Friday Oct. 7, 2011 - Demographic Mismatch, Part One

2»

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    jackal wrote:
    The Bunny Ranch is like 10 hours from Vegas.

Also given the reputation I assume the hookers look a bit nicer.

The answer is yes to both. There are 4 brothels in the immediate area of Mound House, Nevada, including the Bunnyranch, which is the most expensive of them all. This is for a reason. Seriously, words can't describe how ridiculously hot these women are. Not "stripper hot", I'm talking about the real deal.

The tits depicted in the comic more resemble the kind you'd find at one of the OTHER nearby brothels, which I shall not name, but to better convey the quality of the place I will state that the police have been called to its location on more than one occasion due to some of the working girls having fights in the parking lot. Fights involving knives. Think West Side Story, but less "choreographed" and more "bitch I will cut you 'til you ain't pretty."

On another note, as someone who grew up near these places (I live literally 10 minutes down the road) I often had the same thought as Gabe when I was a child. I once asked my Dad why all the cute bunnies had to be raised in the moonlight, and if we could go see them. He almost laughed coffee out of his nose, which was inconvenient since he was driving at the time.

Oh, and if either Gabe or Tycho read this: for a moment I actually thought you visited and didn't invite any of we few Bunnyranch-area fans to hang out, and was mildly let down. Then I realized that a) having a bunch of random people you don't know hang out with you just before you go pay for sex would be weird, and b) you have some of those "wives" we've all heard about that apparently take it badly when you couple your sexual organs with anyone's but theirs.

lol what? LA is less than 10 hours from vegas.
    the closest (legal) brothels are about 1-1/2 hours from vegas, in "Crystal" NV.

but i think the "bunny ranch" from the HBO show is near Reno/Carson City, not Vegas.

edit: I guess technically the bunny ranch is about 8 hours from Vegas, but why would you drive to there from Vegas?

megaedit: you can fly there quicker if you have a jet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOdoXlJA9Nw

jwalk on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    I have never seen Venture Bros.

I now know that this is a situation that must be rectified.

• Options
    Y|yukichigaiY|yukichigai Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    On another note, as someone who grew up near these places (I live literally 10 minutes down the road) I often had the same thought as Gabe when I was a child. I once asked my Dad why all the cute bunnies had to be raised in the moonlight, and if we could go see them. He almost laughed coffee out of his nose, which was inconvenient since he was driving at the time.

So... how did your dad try to explain that one?

He actually explained it to me completely, albeit with sort of an awkward look on his face the whole time. About half the explanation was convincing me that despite being named "bunnyranch", there are no bunnies there, and yes that seems very silly to name something after bunnies when there aren't any around officially (there are still wild ones), but sometimes people like to call women things like "bunny" and "kitten" and other things like that.

It really was a lot more than he'd bargained for when he asked if I wanted to go to the grocery store with him.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Props to parents being honest!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote:
    Dear god, what is wrong with her boobs?

One fizzle, and one flazzle? Freaky! But ah lahk that!

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    One wonders at what point they'll realise someone has posted up a repeat of Friday's comic today.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    One wonders at what point they'll realise someone has posted up a repeat of Friday's comic today.

It's fixed.

i-J527xsc-L.jpg