As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA comic: Monday Oct. 10, 2011 - Demographic Mismatch, Part Two

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited October 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-J527xsc-L.jpg
Demographic Mismatch, Part Two

New strip’s here. Part One of James’ PAX story is here. Part Two begins… now!

That’s why, at 2:55 PM on Saturday, August 27th, I was more nervous than I’d ever been in my whole life. With a big crowd behind us, cameras rolling, Michelle and I started a new game of Charlie Murder. I brought up the debug menu. My head was spinning. I started overthinking the process of launching the level. The intro scene played some death metal. Is the music going to keep going like this? I thought, death metal is not appropriate proposal music—oh right, it’ll stop. I made sure it stops. Just click the button! I’d done it a hundred times before; this was quite possibly the most meticulously tested sliver of gaming at PAX this year.

i-PxPfDWp-L.png

The camera panned over. “It’s a Murderfly,” said Michelle. Murderflies are special to us. We hatched the idea of a butterfly with a giant knife at PAX 2009 when we met, then we went on to make our own versions of what a Murderfly should look like. Mine became a boss in The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile and hers adorns the coffee mug on my desk right now. I remade both versions for Charlie Murder; they’re part of the in-game crowd that watches in-game us. There are also a bunch of characters she drew for Charlie Murder and a cameo from the heroes of Vampire Smile. I realized that I was in tears.

In-game me dropped to one knee and pulled out a ring. Real life me, thankful for the cue, dropped to a knee. We were both in tears then. I told her I was so in love with her. “Michelle, will you marry me?” I asked.

She nodded furiously, “Yes!” She was insanely beautiful.

Hand shaking, I got out the ring box. I opened it. She put it on. Everyone cheered! I held her for what felt like forever. We both cried the happiest tears ever.

i-58vx2jm-M.png

I won’t lie: the rest of PAX felt a tiny bit dull by comparison. It was an amazing weekend, we met a ton of awesome people, and I became engaged to the love of my life. I’m still getting used to calling her my fiancée.

As I wrote this, she was playing an Indie Games Summer Uprising title on the Xbox 360. She discovered that talking to a cat in Doom & Destiny makes a meow noise, which makes our real life cats freak out, so she just kept talking to the cat until the trial ran out. I love you, Michelle.

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Ramius on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I could go for a St. Louis Snakebite.

• Options
    3lwap03lwap0 Registered User regular
    I've tried the high heels/penis thing.

I can't really recommend it.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    You can dress it up all you want, but a Hobo Mouthharp is still the same ol' Blowbo I can get down at the 7-11, for a lot more money.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    She discovered that talking to a cat in Doom & Destiny makes a meow noise, which makes our real life cats freak out, so she just kept talking to the cat until the trial ran out
    Yep. This one's a keeper.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Man, its like they've never even been to the Bunnyranch...

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    A 1/2 Sassafrass and 1/2 Frank's "Special" would really hit the spot right now.

And that spot is my penis.

• Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Frank's Special?

Is it the Frank?

Does he still have Gabe's pants?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    No no, see, it's a backwards N.

It's Nega-Frank.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    LTM wrote:

It is just slightly possible that this is true.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Backwards N-s and small i-s are driving me crazy

Curse you, blackboard menu creators!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote:
    LTM wrote:

I feel so lied-to and abused.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Time to kick back with a little The Sassafrass.

• Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    I thought the news post was so charming and cool that I actually forgot to look at the comic.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    no spam?

• Options
    CandymancerCandymancer Registered User regular
    Whatever you do don't try the bacon and eggs.

• Options
    ZedPowerZedPower Registered User new member
    LTM wrote:
    admanb wrote:
    LTM wrote:

I feel so lied-to and abused.

Well that should just about mean you're ready to work at the Bunny Ranch.

• Options
    AgentflitAgentflit Registered User regular
    Gabe & Tycho's chins hit a nice growth spurt in-between panels 1 and 3

• Options
    agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote:
    I could go for a St. Louis Snakebite.
    That sounds like a type of Slinger, maybe including jalapeños or hot sauce. Best drunk food ever.

Fun fact: According to Google/Wikipedia, there's a monster truck called Snake Bite based out of St. Louis (built/owned by the same people as the Bigfoot trucks).

• Options
    ResorathResorath Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    oh god those chins

deathwing.jpg

or maybe

1_61_040208_jay_leno.jpg

Resorath on
    makibanner.png
  • Options
    GrahamCrackerGrahamCracker Registered User new member
    Do I want to know what bacon and eggs is?

• Options
    MoeezMoeez Registered User new member
    James Silva proposes (VIDEO)

Awwwwwww.