As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game of Thrones CCG

Reverend_ChaosReverend_Chaos Suit Up!Spokane WARegistered User regular
edited June 2006 in PAX Archive
Is there anyone who plays this that plans on bringing their cards with them to PAX?

“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”
Reverend_Chaos on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2006
    I've read the books, but I didn't know there was a card game about it. Is it actually any good, or is it just kind of a tag-on thing that was made just for money?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Reverend_ChaosReverend_Chaos Suit Up! Spokane WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Actually it kicks ass. My friends tell me it uses the same basic structure as Legend of the 5 rings, which I have never played.

You can play as one of 6 houses

Stark
    Lannister
    Greyjoy
    Baratheon
    Martell
    Targaryen

Each house has their own specialties and characters. There are neutral cards that can be used in any deck such as the Nightswatch and Wildlings and some houses such as Frey. Other houses such as Umbers or Tullys are underneath the banners of their Lords, in this case Stark.

http://www.agameofthrones.com These are the people who made the game. Lots of great stuff. I mainly play as Stark or Targaryen. I traded all of my Greyjoy cards away to get more Stark and Targaryen cards. All of the houses are cool though, they are just very different in how you would play them.

I will be bringing my cards with me in any case so if anyone has cards there, cool. If not maybe I can find some people willing to learn. I have 5 really decent decks. Everything but Greyjoy.

Reverend_Chaos on
    “Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”