As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition] Triple Skulls is where it's at!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Fear my updated avatar!

And I don't know of any mods, at all. Sorry, Banzai.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Not a skaven team ! =0 they're so terrible, either you kill them all, then you feel bad, or they run circles around you and you never get the ball ever and you cry. either way you lose :p

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    I gotta say, love the "Clan Rizzo" name. :D

• AdelliosAdellios Registered User regular
    It was either that or Amazons/Lizardmen. Skaven/Lizardmen are my favorite WFB armies unfortunately.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I was thinking about making a single player team analogous to the one I hashed together thoughtlessly for the league to see what's what.

But why ruin the surprise?

• SpamSpam Registered User regular
    Just applied for the League with an Ogre team (because throwing snotlings about the pitch sounds awesome!) - the Rutberg raiders, coach is called El Spammo

• BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    Screw it, application sent, a Nurgle team called The Pukes Of Biohazard. If I remember correctly, the only reason the previous G&T league stopped was because of other people not even bothering to respond to others trying to arrange matches, not because of timezones. Coach name is the same as my forum name.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    The KafkaAU - "Fans of Bacon" is me.

I believe the last version of the game it wasn't automated, but I think in legendary it sorts out the matches for you?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    I hope the skaven get matched against the ogres round one so I never have to deal with them :p

Also, good mix of teams IMO!.

steam_sig.png
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    I tossed my halfers into the mix.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Skaven are hilariously fun, but they feel like such a crapshoot

Losing a Gutter Runner really fucking hurts, maybe more than losing any positional for any other team

Basically, Skaven = Gutter Runners

Maddoc wrote:

Losing a Gutter Runner really fucking hurts, maybe more than losing any positional for any other team

it doesn't help that every teams strategy vs skaven is to foul the gutter runners to death in the first half and hope to recoup any goals they scored in the second when all their positionals are dead :p

• troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    fuck yes, I'm going to apply a team tonight or tomorrow. BB LE keeps crashing on me for some reason :(

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:

it doesn't help that every teams strategy vs skaven is to foul the gutter runners to death in the first half and hope to recoup any goals they scored in the second when all their positionals are dead :p

Also this yes

• Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote:
    Also this yes

This is why my pub GRs have Block and Disturbing Presence. It makes them less capable runners, but unless you've got tackle, you can only knock them down on a Defender Down, and you have to make a roll to even TRY to block them.

Foul Appearance for the anti-block thing, used to give that to my chaos beastmen that I'd use to run the ball. Pretty nifty!

steam_sig.png
    I like Wrestle on Gutter Runners, actually.

Survivability + Ball stripping power.

• andor00andor00 Registered User regular
    This sounds like fun... even though I suck at this game. I applied for my orkz. My coach name is Dristant.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Man I miss BB.

I had a gutter runner that could do something crazy like 12 squares a turn. 1 turn TDs errday.

Although Chaos Dwarves are where its at. My most successful team by far.

My advice for new players: big guys are never worth it. Always a disappointment. Better to have a better starting lineup/FF and get a big guy later.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    Really wish Cyanide would update and add in Chaos Dwarves, since they kept hinting that would be a possibility.

I'd be ecstatic if they also added in Slann, Underworld, and Chaos Pact, but I'm not holding my breath on those ones.

No chaos dwarves no sale.

sig.gif
    Rami wrote:
    Man I miss BB.

I had a gutter runner that could do something crazy like 12 squares a turn. 1 turn TDs errday.

Although Chaos Dwarves are where its at. My most successful team by far.

My advice for new players: big guys are never worth it. Always a disappointment. Better to have a better starting lineup/FF and get a big guy later.

I'd agree with that for most big guys, but I love the lizardman kroxigor too much, his prehensile tale *wrecks* low TR teams when used right.

I disagree about big guys on a starting lineup never being worth it.

Though, it definitely depends on the team.

I always like to start with a Beast of Nurgle for Nurgle, and I like starting with both Flesh Golems for Necromantic because they need all the time and opportunity possible to get SPP.

Also, I've been itching to try an experimental Norse lineup that starts with the Yheti.

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Rami wrote:

Completely dependant on the team. A human team without and Ogre is a very different proposition to a team with an Ogre. and I say this as someone who used to run Humans without an Ogre for 14 of the 15 years I've played Blood Bowl. In the Rock Paper Shotgun league I'm playing in my Ogre is joint highest TD scorer on my team (due to giving him the ball on touchbacks and the THREE! times the ball has scattered onto him on the line of scrimmage from kick off and he's caught it on a natural 6).

Nurgle without a Beast would be a fairly poor Chaos-lite team.

I'd agree that Skaven don't need a Rat Ogre and Chaos doesn't need the Minotaur but I wouldn't say either of them categorically wasn't worth it.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
    Here is every game I have ever played with a big guy on my starting line up.

Bone head (or equivalent roll): failed 60% of the time!
    Block, oo 2 block dice and I get to pick!!

Skull/Double KO
    Big guys only get block on a double level up of course so despite the block die advantage all they seem to do is push a square or get knocked over.

They make a nice deterant but every single time I play I think 'why did I bother buying this guy instead of another positional?'.

Granted the only teams I have played with big guys have been treemen/ogre/rat ogre/minotaur.

sig.gif
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote:
    My team is the Ailin' Horesons; a doughtier bunch of dwarven kneebiters you'll never find!

Isn't the dwarf game basically 'pick up the ball and then walk slooooowly to the other side of the field'?

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote:
    My team is the Ailin' Horesons; a doughtier bunch of dwarven kneebiters you'll never find!

Isn't the dwarf game basically 'pick up the ball and then walk slooooowly to the other side of the field'?

The dwarf game requires total precision and careful planning. If executed correctly it is a dispiriting and unstoppable steamroller.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote:

The dwarf game requires total precision and careful planning. If executed correctly it is a dispiriting and unstoppable steamroller.

And thats even without them having the Deathroller hero on the field. :P

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • cpugeek13cpugeek13 Registered User regular
    Dwarfs are incredibly strong, especially since you rarely have to pay for replacement guys (their players are invincible). Once you get a couple level 3 guys on their team, they can be unstoppable.

Rami wrote:
    Here is every game I have ever played with a big guy on my starting line up.

Bone head (or equivalent roll): failed 60% of the time!
    Block, oo 2 block dice and I get to pick!!

Skull/Double KO
    Big guys only get block on a double level up of course so despite the block die advantage all they seem to do is push a square or get knocked over.

They make a nice deterant but every single time I play I think 'why did I bother buying this guy instead of another positional?'.

Granted the only teams I have played with big guys have been treemen/ogre/rat ogre/minotaur.

Usually early on with the Beast of Nurgle I'll move him into position, and then not block with him.

Let Tentacles/Disturbing Presence/Foul Appearance all go to work without risking losing his tackle zones

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    So when are we actually going to play?

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    In the OP he says the idea is to start the league on the 14th.

• kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    i'm signing up tonight!

fwKS7.png?1
    Elvenshae wrote:

Couldn't tell yah! I've played a grand total of ... um ... 3 games, ever? ... that weren't the brief tutorial. One of them was the first game in the story mode. The other two are High Elves in a standard campaign game.

I picked dwarves because, when I signed up, there weren't any dwarven teams.

dwarves are pretty boss.walking slowly doesn't matter when you beat down everyone in your way

• lostprophetlostprophet Registered User regular
    Man, all this talk of Skaven and Chaos and Dwarves is making me second guess my decision to go High Elf! I'm gonna get destroyed :shock:

Steam: macg1991
    wotuserbar01.jpg: macg1991
    Check out the Penny Arcade World of Tanks thread to join us in some fun times.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Signed up with Goblins.

If you're gonna lose, then lose big.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I tried starting this the other day and couldn't even figure out how to get into an actual game.

Thety could use a more user friendly tutorial.

• GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    So I got really excited and got the game, but oh man I suck at it so bad. How did I forget that? E-dice hate me.

Is it still OK to join? And what race is currently unplayed? If I'm going to suck, it might as well be with diversity.