As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Page numbering for advanced students, MS Word for Mac [SOLVED]

Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF MajorEast CoastRegistered User regular
edited October 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey all, got a nice issue going on. I typed up my final for a class and I need to do some fancy page numbering. Here's how its set up

Page 1 - Cover Sheet
Page 2 - Question 1 restated
Page 3-11 - Text
Page 12 - References
Page 13 - Question 2 restated
Page 14-22 - Text
Page 23 References

What I need to do is skip pages 2 and 13. I'm trying to get my head around section breaks in the Mac version of word but I just can't get it to work. I'm essentially numbering Page 1, skipping page 2, and starting with "2" on page 3, then skipping page 13 like I did for 2.

Thoughts? Outright solutions? I feel like a dope after typing 20 some pages for a masters class and failing at formatting.

Iceman.USAF on

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    god , this brings back nightmares from my dissertation. you need to do it with section breaks. and then have each new section start with page whatever rather than continue from previous. there is an option for it buried somewhere in the options; good luck finding it.

getting it to work smoovely was aggravating to say the least. I think i made a post on this around may or june 2009.

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    physi_marcphysi_marc Positron Tracker In a nutshellRegistered User regular
    What version of Word are you using? The newest one (2011) is quite different from all previous ones.

Switch Friend Code: 3102-5341-0358
    Nintendo Network ID: PhysiMarc
  • Options
    Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    I have no idea what I did, but its formatted the way I want it now. Thanks!