As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satan 2011: Satans sent! Let the Giftening begin

nevilleneville The Worst Gay(Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in Social Entropy++
It's October... when the demons and devils come out to play, we think of giving
Yes... that's right....

ss2011.png

(Mully continues the tradition of making awesome art for this, so thanks a million mully. <3!)

This is where you do the sign-ups.
There will be another thread later where people can talk about what to get, or what not to get, or go off-topic so delightfully as we tend to do.

THE RULES HAVE CHANGED/BEEN EXPANDED THIS YEAR.
So read them all before you try to sign up.

Rules:

1. I will NOT go back and email you and/or correct it if you do it wrong. I don't have time for that. So save us both some time and do it right.
If I update the thread and you sent you email a full day earlier... you probably messed up. So do it again. Please DO NOT apologize in the email; that makes it harder to send when I'm matching.
It's fine, just trying to keep it efficient. If you really need to tell me something, do it via PM.

2. There is no minimum spending amount and no maximum spending amount. Just because you spend $500 on your person, doesn't mean you'll get the same amount spent on you. And some people make handmade shit because they're poor, talented, or some combination.

3. Wishlists or suggestions ARE REQUIRED this year. If you feel you are a regular and people should know what you like; awesome. You still can't sign up without this info.

4. International people are allowed. There is a field now in the sign up process for if you REALLY are strapped for cash, but I still cannot 100% guarantee you will not get someone in Australia, New Zealand, or lesser Uranus. IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS POSSIBILITY, DO NOT SIGN UP. Note: Canada is NOT considered "international."

5. If nobody knows who you are, you probably will not be allowed to sign up. This is to cut down on the number of deadbeat Satans.

6. People who do not send gifts will be banned. Seriously. Not you "might" get banned, you 100% WILL get banned. Lewie P's Stepdad is tired of people whining about not getting shit, so if you sign up, you better fucking send something. Excuses are not accepted. I don't care if you are deployed to Afghanistan, lose your job, or are in love with Jesus; IF YOU SIGN UP AND DON'T SEND YOU WILL BE BANNED. The deadline to receive gifts is JANUARY 22, 2012. That's a full 4 WEEKS after Xmas. If you can't get it in by then at the latest, don't be a silly goose (or worse) -- don't sign up.

7. DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT WHAT YOU GOT. But while a joke gift is ok, sending only terrible gifts just to be terrible is not encouraged. I.E. Don't do it.

6. Do NOT send NSFW gifts unless they specifically OK it in the info sent to you when you get your person.

How Do I Sign Up, Boss?
Send an email to mailto:secretsatantwo@gmail.com.

THIS EMAIL MUST HAVE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AS A SUBJECT. DO NOT TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT, WE MIGHT HAVE A THREAD ABOUT THAT! IF WE DO NOT, THEN JUST LINK A WISHLIST IN YOUR SIG.
The email MUST CONTAIN:

Your Name (YOUR REAL ONE. NO ALIASES. NO ABBREVIATIONS. If you aren't comfortable with that, don't sign up.)
Your full Address (INCLUDING country)
Your Preference in Sending Internationally: YES / NO ( I AM A POOR GOOSE BUT I WILL SUCK IT UP IF I GET PAIRED WITH ONE)
If NSFW gifts are OK or NOT
Link to your amazon/foodzie/etsy/etc wishlist OR a few items here**

** Also acceptable: A link to a post containing description of things you do/don't want, T-shirt size, etc.

IF YOUR EMAIL DOES NOT HAVE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AS THE SUBJECT, I WILL THROW IT AWAY, AND I WILL NOT TELL YOU I HAVE DONE SO. IF YOUR NAME DOES NOT APPEAR ON THIS SIGN-UP LIST, ASSUME YOU HAVE FUCKED UP SOMEWHERE.

Signups in this thread WILL NOT BE COUNTED AND YOU WILL BE THOROUGHLY MOCKED.
Or ignored. Perhaps both Probably both..

THE SIGN UP DEADLINE IS 12:01 AM, PST, NOVEMBER 6TH. THERE WILL BE NO EXCUSES.

The traditional.... Framling's Fantastic FAQ For Foisting Freebies On Friendly Forumers!

Q: My person lives outside the country! What if shipping takes a long time?
A: Oh shit! Better plan ahead!

Q: I got evicted from my apartment! I can't afford a present right now.
A: Shouldn't have signed up, Poordilocks!

Sign-Up List: (Will likely be updated only ONCE daily during Mon-Fri) - Current as of 10/13/2011 @ 11:40 am PST.
thorgot
Naphtali
Sara Lynn
Butters
Platypus Beirut
DrZiplock
Usagi
Rolo
A duck!
Blake T
Gatsby
godmode
Bucketman
Lost Salient
Marth
Iloveslimes
BYToady
Goose!
That Dave Fella
Centipede Damascus
Stale
Uriel
Smart Hero
lostwords
kadith
Metroidzoid
Slacker71
Keith
Tossrock
2 Marcus 2 Ravens
Squall
Vann Diras
Aphostile
The Lovely Bastard
Hunter
#pipe
Orikaeshigitae
Sweeney Tom
Nogs
SenorTacos
CrackedLens
Ten
Forar
Aeyther
SLyM
skettios
kusuguttai
Mortal Sky
Wombat!!
Sticks
Zonugal
Moriveth
Romanian My Escutcheon
mully
Theidar
Sheri
Okami
Legba
MrDoctorProfessor
Vivixenne
Fletcher
Matey
Munkus Beaver
Neville
George Fornby Grill
dougyfresh
As7
zucchini
Schide
antimatter
Mint
ShimSham
BEAST!
Didgeridoo
feebsicle
Sal
I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up
Tox
Caulk Bite 6
DHS Odium
The Geebs That Is A Pony
Zay
Kochikens
B.C.
visionofclarity
Kwoaru
Isoldae
Blackhawk1313
BusterK
Fortytwo
ceres
MoosehatIV
KetBra
Tonkka
Zerofill
spookymuffin
Staleghoti
chrishallett83
Margarazzi
Bogey
TankHammer
CorporateLogo
Tef
egreco
PRD
David Coffman
Robert Khoo
QuickSnap
. (plut)
Perrsun
The_reflection
OminousLozenge
Veretas
Langly
bwanie
Matev
Fearghaill
sarukun
Virgil_Leads_You
Weaver
vermiculture
End
skull man
PkErthbnd
jackisreal

nevillexmassig1.png
neville on

• NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Amazon wishlist is in my sig. Ill be updating it in the coming weeks.

Shirt Size: M->L (I'm right in between. Large for American Apparel/Designer/Graphic type shirts and Medium for most regular/bulk/retail shirts.)

I like comic books(I interned at Marvel Comics in NYC).

I like Fighting Games(Playing mostly Street Fighter 4 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 right now).

I have played D&D every Sunday for the past 4 years.

I have a Playstation 3, a laptop that is a few years old(so brand new new games don't really run well on it), and a PSP.

Click for Steam Profile

People on the forums to talk to if you are really really out of ideas:

Keith (He is the only person you should ask, no matter who you get)

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Yes, yes, YES!

I am excited for this year although I don't know if any one can top Neville...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Despite the fact that I'm now broke and probably won't have enough money to do a fantastic job this year, I'm gonna give this a shot.

Gonna write my email in a few minutes, then gonna add a link to my Amazon wishlist to my sig, then gonna make a Like/Dislike post.

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    EDIT: Wishlist inside
    So I'll take anything cool you want to offer. Art and cookies are always welcome. If you're the crafty type, something handmade and awesome would make me a happy boy.

Shirt size is an M.

CDs, preferably rap or metal (but anything awesome is welcome - there ain't much I won't listen to)

If you have a reasonably complete stack of comic issues you want to get rid of, and it's any good, that's awesome. Or, if you want to get me started on a currently running series that's cool too. If you want to make my fucking day, get me an Absolute Sandman or four <-- High roller option

Anime boxsets would be awesome, but only if you know stuff about anime. I like series that are short and memorable. OVAs and movies are my favorites. If you can find me the rare and elusive Haibane Renmei boxset (again, high roller option), that's my favorite anime ever and also, again, stupid rare.

Some kind of toys like transformers or such would be cool, even if I don't really collect them. Though a Masterpiece Prime would be awesome if you're a high roller.

If you want to get me something on Steam (account name is mortalsky [note that there is no space]), then just get me something awesome. If it's a game in a box, I have a GBA, DS, PS2, and PS3. Also, if you have either Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne or Persona 4 and would like to pass the love on, then do it.

If you are Stale, then a mason jar full of the legendary barbeque rub would make my fucking day.

if you have no imagination and just want an item to order to get this shit out of the way, a set of four venom street snake skate wheels, some bennet 5.0 trucks, and/or holey bushings would be awesome

NOTE: The high roller options are mostly an idea of the kind of things in each category I truly appreciate. No pressure to actually buy them unless you are capable of diving in mountains of gold, a la Scrooge McDuck

Mortal Sky on
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Hrm, I'll sign up for this when I get home, we'll see what madness comes of it

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Should I do this for the first time? I should do this.

I'll think about it. I would really like to.

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    3. Wishlists or suggestions ARE REQUIRED this year. If you feel you are a regular and people should know what you like; awesome. You still can't sign up without this info.

I was going to back out of it this year because of this very reason, but now I feel like I can succeed.

Still gotta thing about it because of financial reasons though.

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Hmm I think I may do this. Gotta figure out my budget if I do, as it may end up eating into my steam giveaway, hmm.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Nogs wrote: »

I feel important!

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Thank you forum for that doublepost

FlatEric on
    S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    are we also doing secret saints auction?

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Marth wrote:

• FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    If you're on the fence, go for it. It is incredibly fun.

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    signing up with both hands

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    i still like 'poordilocks'

Marth wrote:

Do it.

Last year was my first time, I did both this one and the G&T one.

Among the things I received was a pink DS and a Shake Weight.

Knowing that there are people on this forum who are that giving and nice, and giving and being nice to others without expecting or needing or maybe even wanting anything in return is always a great feeling, at least for me. And the fact that there were people I received as Secret Satans/Santas who actually gave nicer, way more expensive things than I did really instilled my confidence in my always-present belief that there is good around.

TL;DR Do it. Definitely.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Langly wrote:

Solid Saints? Mully put that together last year right?

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Despite the fact that I'm now broke and probably won't have enough money to do a fantastic job this year, I'm gonna give this a shot.

Yeah, I'm like dead broke but I haven't done this since like...2007? I like giving people gifts so I'm gonna sign up

and while the last time I did this I was a complete shithead and complained about my gift because it didn't seem relevant to my interests (at the time), I'm pretty much the complete opposite now. I'll make a suggestions post since it's required, but I'm more into seeing what people come up with instead of giving a shopping list

Langly wrote:

What do you mean?

The Solid Saints auction that Mully did a while ago, or the thing where we give to people who get deadbeats for this?

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'll sign up later this month.

Langly wrote:

What do you mean?

The Solid Saints auction that Mully did a while ago, or the thing where we give to people who get deadbeats for this?

Solid Saints was the auction
    Secret Saints was sending gifts to people that couldn't afford to do Secret Satans (or in some cases, had babies and stuff)

Keith wrote:

Yeah, I'm like dead broke but I haven't done this since like...2007? I like giving people gifts so I'm gonna sign up

and while the last time I did this I was a complete shithead and complained about my gift because it didn't seem relevant to my interests (at the time), I'm pretty much the complete opposite now. I'll make a suggestions post since it's required, but I'm more into seeing what people come up with instead of giving a shopping list

I was a complete ass last year. I bitched because I didn't get my gift until almost February.

But then when I got it from an amazing individual ( @Tonkka <3 ), the gifts in there were nicer than I could have ever imagined. (I'm typing this with my Shake Weight and Invictus and Slap Shot DVDs beside me btw <3<3 ) And it just made me feel so bad

I won't bitch at all this year.

And I don't want to give a shopping list either, but then I would feel bad if somebody new got me and really didn't know enough about me to choose something and that person felt bad for possibly getting me something I wouldn't like.

Which I promise Satan, whatever you get me I will love with all of my heart <3

Keith wrote:

I feel important!
    Keith wrote:

remember when youw er elike

"who you got?"

and i was like

"uhhhh...no...one...."

rotate.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    sent my e-mail

gonna do some good giftings this year

7656367.jpg
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    solid saints was so, so fun. it also marked the point where i really got to know the SE community. love you guys

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    should i do this

i have money with which I could sign up

i'll wait til later to figure out if it's feasible or a good idea, I guess

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Ooooh!

Can I be thoroughly mocked?

That sounds like fun.

(I will sign up tonight)

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    just went into Graphic Violence for the first time in like a year to see if they had theirs up yet.

noticed that my rules from the OP from the original Awesome Moments thread has been made into Forum Law.

I've made a lasting impact!

on a forum i no longer visit because i am too afraid/shameful to show my face around there again.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    oh and my wishlist in in my sig and never ask keith about getting me anything

7656367.jpg
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Fuck yes.,i just need to make a wishlist when I get home and then I'll sign up

Antimatter wrote:
    should i do this

i have money with which I could sign up

i'll wait til later to figure out if it's feasible or a good idea, I guess

If you enjoy giving to others, then yes.

I'm doing this, even though I'll most definitely be broke afterwards.

The fact that I will have put a smile on a stranger's face will get me through the tenure at the poorhouse.

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    of course i am down for some secret satans

love doing this

• Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    although yeah we are we gonna do solid saints again. really loved that, it was amazing

Keith wrote:

I feel important!

remember when youw er elike

"who you got?"

and i was like

"uhhhh...no...one...."

You really dodged that one!

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zfnbeb.gif

edited November 2011
    Suggestions:

T-shirt size is S/M (if it runs small, go medium and vice verse)
    I love comic stuff (primarily DC), but I already read/have read a ton of comics so I wouldn't say go for actual books. Comic related merchandise is cool, though
    I love beagles
    Movies and music and basically anything you love and would want to share is cool
    A decent paying job would be nice

here's an Amazon wishlist, in case you're from outside the US and this makes it cheaper for shipping

Don't feel obligated to get something from there, though. I love seeing what people come up with for presents

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2Z4WD963SIP5L

(there are some ridiculous and/or expensive things on there but don't worry about that)

(unless you're Mr. Moneybags)

(then just give me your phone number)

If you need help, or want to double check that I don't have something, talk to @Raijin Quickfoot

edit: Also I have no problem at all with used stuff. Always save yourself some money

Garlic Bread on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Hello Satan! I am a pretty regular guy and just about anything pleases me! No pressure! I wear a medium sized t-shirt if that's relevant.

As for my tastes, well, I am a nerd I guess. I often think the things on ThinkGeek are cool, but wouldn't buy them for myself. I like to read good sci fi novels! Some of my favorites include Anathem by Neal Stephenson, Contact by Carl Sagan, The Light of Other Days by Arthur C Clarke, and the Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson. I like media in general so that is always a good route; you know, movies, games, etc. As for games, I have a pretty respectable gaming PC, an old PS2 and GameCube that get basically no use, and a DS in a similar situation. But maybe if you gave me something cool for them I would use them again!

If you want specific things, um, I'm thinking about becoming a pretentious elitist and getting one of those fancy safety razors people are always ranting about, so some kit in that vein might be useful. Umm....I can always use more high intensity glowsticks (I prefer the Revolutions from extremeglow.com). If you feel like spending a lot of money on me, I've been thinking about getting a mechanical keyboard because I hear they are more better or whatever. Also those Vibram fivefinger running shoes that make you look like a Special Soul to help me get back into running (I wear a 10.5 mens US).

These are all just ideas! I will appreciate anything you get me, it really is the thought that counts. If you happen to be one of those cool forumers who can make stuff by hand I am so totally down with that. Also consumable items, you know, foreign candy, fine liquor, baked goods, those weird berries that make sour stuff taste sweet, exotic drugs, etc. Anyway, basically if something shows up at my house having come from The Internet I will be extremely pleased! Have a good holiday season!

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh man. I am definitely signing up for this again.

• SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    heck yeah signin up

still rockin this timbuk2 bag from @kwoaru

• marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    i still like 'poordilocks'

Me too, every year it gives me a chuckle.

This discussion has been closed.