As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of Might and Wing, A MRE Guide: Dragons (dragon questions wanted)

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    You will likely die around hydra, and if that doesn't kill you well, that's actually impressive. Those fucks are poisonous like whoa.

challenge: accepted

Can I have your stuff when you die? If the hydra don't get you, the unicorn will.

Sure

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    You will likely die around hydra, and if that doesn't kill you well, that's actually impressive. Those fucks are poisonous like whoa.

Can I have your stuff when you die? If the hydra don't get you, the unicorn will.

Sure

Yessss!

• Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    I'm typing on an iPad (it actually corrected the p)and I don't word so good. In summary, go suck a unicorn.

• Options
    typin' on tablets/phones leads to so many dang typos

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:

nah, I hear they only like virgin girls.

and to the best of my knowledge, I am neither.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Melding wrote:

That's just what they want you to think

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Vic wrote:
    Melding wrote:

Can I have your stuff after the unicorn gores you?

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:

then they are doing a pretty good job of it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Melding wrote:

People also think they're horses. They're more like a fey goat.

• Options
    The unicorn is a wily beast

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    On an unrelated topic, I fucking love dragons. I built my own (actually almost balanced!) class back in 3rd edition called Dragonpriest that was basically a druid with a dragon companion and dragon shapeshifting, just because DRAGONS.

I guess unicorns are ok though

• Options
    Unicorns are rad. I also like flying horses.

• Options
    say "fey goat" as fast as you can.

out loud. preferably in public while pointing at random passersby.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Vic wrote:
    On an unrelated topic, I fucking love dragons. I built my own (actually almost balanced!) class back in 3rd edition called Dragonpriest that was basically a druid with a dragon companion and dragon shapeshifting, just because DRAGONS.

There was a class in the draconomicon. For 3.5 that was basically that.

• Options

large_faygo_at100.jpg
    ?????

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Melding wrote:
    Vic wrote:

They should have built it 3 years earlier!

Dammit DotB this is not the MSPA thread.

• Options

large_faygo_at100.jpg
    ?????

I was thinking more along the lines of cussing with a thick accent, but for simply sounding nuts, that is acceptable.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    fey goat just sounds more or less like how I pronounce faygo, minus a t

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    yes, well, say it with a 't', and you have cussing with thick, indistinguishable accent.

at least in my mind

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Oh no for sure I got that too

i'm just bein' silly for the sake of it

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ah, s'all good then.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Vic wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Vic wrote:

They should have built it 3 years earlier!

Dammit DotB this is not the MSPA thread.

I forget when that came out. I couLd check, but I would rather not.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    the 3.5 one came out in aught three.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    There we go, caulk bite to the rescue! The ones for fourth edition are neat, but something seems lacking in them.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    RE: African dragons, they exist, tend to be rarer and more reclusive due to the number of other things there. same with Australia. places with fewer large predator animals, the better.
    Wait, you're saying that the dragons were chased out of Australia by drop bears and death spiders?
    Or does Australia hold even worse horrors that the common man doesn't know about? Something terrible enough to make it an unpleasant place even for dragon kind?

Level with us, Australia is actually a slumbering Tyrant Dragon of titanic proportions, right?

• Options
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    RE: African dragons, they exist, tend to be rarer and more reclusive due to the number of other things there. same with Australia. places with fewer large predator animals, the better.
    Wait, you're saying that the dragons were chased out of Australia by drop bears and death spiders?
    Or does Australia hold even worse horrors that the common man doesn't know about? Something terrible enough to make it an unpleasant place even for dragon kind?

Level with us, Australia is actually a slumbering Tyrant Dragon of titanic proportions, right?

Well, that I can not be sure, but from limited searches we have done we have reason to suspect a slumbering Titan. As well, there does seem to be a number of things there of demonic or fey origin that just seem like a hassle to deal with. I would need to consult a regional expert to give you full detail, but it does not seem like the easiest place to set up a liar.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:

no, that's Madagascar.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Fearghaill wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:

no, that's Madagascar.

That sis why they close their boarders to easily. Lest their island get sick.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    Fearghaill wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    Melding wrote:

no, that's Madagascar.

That sis why they close their boarders to easily. Lest their island get sick.

Man, it'd be terrible enough to be around a Tyrant Dragon waking up healthy, but being around one when it gets out of bed with a head cold?
    Thank you Madagascar.

• Options
    Madagascar awakens then sneezes killing Kenya.

They're near by right? I am bad at geography.

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Close enough....

africa.gif

• Options
    All i know about kenya i learned from power thirst ads and Weebl stuff

• Options
    yeah that sneeze could hit kenya

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Dear Dr. Dinosaur M. Melding,

Do people in Kenya run so insanely fast due to the number of man eating dragons that are there? Is it safe to say that natural selection has only left fastest of the indigenous people?

Sincerely, "Not from Kenya."

• Options
    Chimera wrote:

Do people in Kenya run so insanely fast due to the number of man eating dragons that are there? Is it safe to say that natural selection has only left fastest of the indigenous people?

No, that'd be silly.

There's almost no dragons in Kenya. It's the Manticores, and the rare Chimera you have to worry about there. plus lions and tigers.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:

No, that'd be silly.

There's almost no dragons in Kenya. It's the Manticores, and the rare Chimera you have to worry about there. plus lions and tigers.

I am one of a kind! :D

Chimera on
  • Options
    Chimera wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:

No, that'd be silly.

I am chimeraz.jpg

• Options
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:
    Melding wrote:
    Chimera wrote:

No, that'd be silly.

I am chimeraz.jpg

Obviously that isn't me.....

....I have green skin with dark green spots!

• Options
    edited October 2011
    There can only be one Autocratic Dragon

79.jpg

46871.jpg

Primarily a subterranean dragon, this dragon is a rare type. It's scale colouring ranging from gunmetal to a dull silvery grey, they have one of the toughest hides known of the Garrulous dragons. Preferring underground cave networks for liars, they are typically nocturnal if near the surface, their eyes not well adjusted to sun light and bright lights. As well their wings are not well made for long distance flight, only able to glide a few kilometres before needing to land, meaning long distance travel is done by foot primarily. Despite, or possibly due to, their subterranean habitats they have incredibly powerful lungs, able to unleash devastating roars, and at such a level that it has been noted to sunder weak metals with this alone. In addition, it's claws are near diamond strong, and can shred through most man made materials with ease.

Their diet consists largely of small unintelligent animals it happens across, similarly, it's hoard is largely made up of local precious materials, such as natural veins of metals. This indicates a lack of desire to travel, happy to set up base in one location. However, it knows its surroundings well, and those living near a Autocratic dragon are made very aware of their new landlord. Typically in the form of demanding small gifts of food or wealth to continue its protection of the area. Acting a kin to a one dragon mafia.

Tactics Advice: These are the upper edge of physical beings for Garrulous dragon, however they are not near the top of intelligence. Fighting smart will be key. Their touch scales and sharp claws means heavy weapons and mobility. These are largely best left to their own devices. However, if you need to escape clever uses of flares can ward them away.

Melding on