As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Soda

124»

• SoggybiscuitSoggybiscuit Tandem Electrostatic Accelerator Registered User regular
    My thirst just doesn't seemed to be quenched by water or juice. I'm not much of a beer drinker either, tastes kinda like cat piss. Though I may have just gotten a bad brand and not known it.

Be glad you dont like it - beer will put pounds on faster than soda. But it is oh so delicious. The best thing would be water. If your water tastes bad, one of the filter pitchers will help make it more palatable.

Steam - Synthetic Violence | XBOX Live - Cannonfuse | PSN - CastleBravo | Twitch - SoggybiscuitPA
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Yeah, beer is basically liquid bread, and has a lot of empty calories. There's a reason they call it a beer belly :).

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    My thirst just doesn't seemed to be quenched by water or juice. I'm not much of a beer drinker either, tastes kinda like cat piss. Though I may have just gotten a bad brand and not known it.

If your thirst is not quenched by ice cold water there is something wrong with you.

I can totally get that room temperature water might not quench your thirst though. It will rehydrate you though.

Keep a jug of water in the fridge. You can't taste anything about water when its properly cold.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote:

If your thirst is not quenched by ice cold water there is something wrong with you.

I can totally get that room temperature water might not quench your thirst though. It will rehydrate you though.

Keep a jug of water in the fridge. You can't taste anything about water when its properly cold.

Most of the chlorine will go away, but you can still taste it. A water filter will help. I actually recommend those personal water filters like bobble and the ones britta sells now if you're on the go/at work.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    My friends recently quitted soda a little over a month ago and one lost a little over 20 pounds and his brother lost a little over 10. I've stopped drinking it over a year ago and I have to try real hard to gain any weight now. Fuck that shit. Wish I knew that back in highschool. Could of got laid a lot sooner. Maybe. Probably not.

Soda is just the larger part of weight gain, your body is still going to supplement the calorie loss because it'll feel more hungry than usual. The number one cause of weight loss is exercise, dietary changes are minimal, and often lead to relapses because of lack of change.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    I don't know about that bowen. I think diet informs weight loss more than exercise (as long as you don't replace the sugary soda with an equally carbolicious drink like juice or beer), though a regular exercise regimen will help you keep it off. As they say, six-pack abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym.

Well you'll certainly lose weight, but you will be someone who's skinny and fat.

It depends on the goals. Do you want to be healthy or do you want to fit into small sized clothing? You'll be smaller, but not necessarily healthier than someone overweight hitting the treadmill and weights every day with 0 weight loss.

• JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    That's been my problem. I lost 50 pounds simply through diet without exercising and I was not happy with my body at all despite being 150 at 6'2". Kind of a terrible feeling figuring out I only have around 130lbs of lean body mass. Kinda wish I could go back and do it again by lifting heavy so I could skip being skinnyfat.

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Skinny.... fat?

• DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Low BMI, but also low lean body mass ratio.

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ah, I see. That sounds annoying.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    JJ wrote:
    That's been my problem. I lost 50 pounds simply through diet without exercising and I was not happy with my body at all despite being 150 at 6'2". Kind of a terrible feeling figuring out I only have around 130lbs of lean body mass. Kinda wish I could go back and do it again by lifting heavy so I could skip being skinnyfat.

You arent dead yet, go excerise now. You may still look skinny, but it will be skinny muscle.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
    It is the thing diet brings you to. You're technically at a good BMI but you are still not any healthier than you were before you cut out some extra carbs. Aside from a slightly lower risk of diabetes and cardiovascular problems. That person hitting the gym is still lower risk than you are, usually, and extenuating and rare circumstances aside (because I know there's one pedantic jerk who will point out XY condition where this won't be the case if I don't touch on it).

This is the de-facto reason why BMI is a terrible metric of healthy, you can also go the opposite way, having too much muscle on your frame will make you "obese" on this scale, but still healthier than someone eating salads all day trying to lose 10 lbs.

Hell go for a 30 minute walk. Then power walk, then jog. You'll be amazed at how much healthier you feel just doing that. I know I saw huge changes just from the aerobic part of my exercise.

Yeah, I am pretty sedentary. I'm so used to constant information feedback that the internet provides that it doesn't even occur to me that I should really at the very least, go jogging daily.

• zellychanzellychan Registered User regular
    I'm trying to give up soda (with mixed success). I swapped out for hot tea. One of the perks about hot drinks is that you can't chug em down. And for whatever reason I always feel full from tea. Soda I could drink a bucket and still want more.

"I am the fabric of history, you are a fictional stain! I'll stick a flag up your ass and claim you for Spain!" -Christopher Columbus