As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your 10 favorite games of all time. After Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    UNCHARTED IS A BAD SERIES BECAUSE IT WASN'T MADE IN JAPAN

I LOVE PONIES

sig.gif
  • THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I WISH I COULD PLAY UNCHARTED 2 FOR THE FIRST TIME EVERY TIME!

edit: bad totp

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
    All these and more classics such as

"I cried when Aeris died"
    "I only jerk off to hentai"

and of course everyone's favorite

"Let me tell you about my Zelda timeline theory"

sig.gif
  • KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    Huntera wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    SimBen wrote:
    Seriously it's scoring on Mario Galaxy levels of unanimous praise. If anything else comes out this year that manages to outdo it, we might just be living in the greatest gaming year of history.

The only game with a chance is Uncharted 3. MW3 will get a whole reef of perfect scores but it will be the 'I'm a legitimate journalist, I'm going to give this 3 stars' outlets that will drag it down. It's a game to hate to make you look smart, for sure.

Skyrim totally has the chance to get a shit ton of 5 stars

yeah uh
    skyrim looks frankly amazing, and might even be more fun than batman for me
    however
    i've never liked any of the elder scrolls game
    BUT
    this one looks way different and holy shit dat dragons

Damn forums eating my spergin'

sig.gif
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You know, some of those articles might have legitimate beef with the game and could, just maybe, be putting it lower than 5 stars for good reason.

I'm not saying it's perfect. I prefer my games more open. But it is good and a lot of bad reviews have an agenda.
    SimBen wrote:

Everything after and including Ocarina takes place during the Wind Fish dream during Link's Awakening, however Twilight Princess is the exception because that takes place in an alternate parallel universe where the original Link from Wind Waker actually failed to defeat Ganon the first time and the world was never flooded.

The_Scarab on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    burgin for spergins

edited October 2011
    The_Scarab wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

Everything after and including Ocarina takes place during the Wind Fish dream during Link's Awakening, however Twilight Princess is the exception because that takes place in an alternate parallel universe where the original Link from Wind Waker actually failed to defeat Ganon the first time and the world was never flooded.

FBI, THIS IS A STING OPERATION

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    you can't tell me where i can and can't sperg

zkHcp.jpg
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    SimBen wrote:
    Seriously it's scoring on Mario Galaxy levels of unanimous praise. If anything else comes out this year that manages to outdo it, we might just be living in the greatest gaming year of history.

The only game with a chance is Uncharted 3. MW3 will get a whole reef of perfect scores but it will be the 'I'm a legitimate journalist, I'm going to give this 3 stars' outlets that will drag it down. It's a game to hate to make you look smart, for sure.

yeah uh
    however
    BUT

see I want to get hyped about skyrim

but I know it's going to fall victim to Elder Scrolls syndrome where there will be a few minutes of open world brilliance that the rest of the gameplay does not live up to at all

like the first time you hear two NPCs having a random conversation and think "oh my god they actually talk about what happened to them" and then you realize that no, they just repeat the same shit about mudcrabs

The best open-world game would be one where you successfully fool the player into thinking it's an open-world game and their actions have consequences. Don't know how you'd do that though, but that would pretty much be the holy grail.

sig.gif
    Rolo wrote: »
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

yeah uh
    however
    BUT

but I know it's going to fall victim to Elder Scrolls syndrome where there will be a few minutes of open world brilliance that the rest of the gameplay does not live up to at all

like the first time you hear two NPCs having a random conversation and think "oh my god they actually talk about what happened to them" and then you realize that no, they just repeat the same shit about mudcrabs

did
    you
    see
    those
    dragons

My co-worker told me today that apparently dragons don't quite work right in Skyrim so they're out for now but will eventually make it in as DLC. Was he full of shit? He's occasionally full of shit.

sig.gif
    I have no idea but that sounds pretty funny

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:
    Games? Or chocolate?

I'll go with games:

G-Police!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTEIh0sLlc0

fuck yes

I was the only one of my friends that liked this game, but oh god it was so good

My sig is more accurate then ever.

internet high five:

^

BLAM!

SKYRIM: Just kidding no dragons

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    SimBen wrote:
    My co-worker told me today that apparently dragons don't quite work right in Skyrim so they're out for now but will eventually make it in as DLC. Was he full of shit? He's occasionally full of shit.

Yes.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Then I made a joke about dragon armor or something. It was early, I hadn't finished my first coffee yet.

sig.gif
    SimBen wrote: »

are you a complete idiot

BREAKING NEWS: Minecraft has infinity more dragons than skyrim

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Rolo wrote: »
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    SimBen wrote:

yeah uh
    however
    BUT

did
    you
    see
    those
    dragons

man don't do this to me

do you know how excited I was about Oblivion Gates until I actually had to play through them

Kusuguttai wrote:
    SimBen wrote: »

are you a complete idiot

I'm partially not an idiot.

sig.gif
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Its been more my experience that there's at least a few weeks of "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" before reading nitpicky stuff on forums that you've never really experienced or care about, yet ruins the experience for you anyway.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
    Its been more my experience that there's at least a few weeks of "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" before reading nitpicky stuff on forums that you've never really experienced or care about, yet ruins the experience for you anyway.

Welcome to every entertainment release of all time, ever made, ever.

sig.gif
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Like LA Noire

When it came out everyone was saying it's amazing, games should be like it

now I see a bunch of people claiming it's total shit

• InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    Final Fantasy XIII

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    MW2 has some pretty poor game design choices that I do not like in an FPS. It encourages the player to not play strategically, since the enemies infinitely spawn around you. You're instead forced to just run and gun and pray that you make it to the next checkpoint, rather than methodically making your way through maps. The level design was also often really horrid. The worst one was the brazil "chase" or whatever, that was just a bunch of scripted events and was really confusingly built.

I really did not like that game.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    was shit from the beginning.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I thought in MW2 they got rid of the infinite enemy spawning? There's just a lot of dudes.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    In the Infinity Ward Call of Duders, there's no infinite spawning enemies. The only place where it seems like there is is in MW1 in the TV studio, I think. There's just a shit load of guys.

Treyarch, however, is pretty fucking fond of it. Trying to beat a Treyarch game on Veteran is just an awful experience.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    no, in pretty much every level there are points where enemies won't stop spawning. It isn't everywhere, but it is present.

for instance, the roofs will re populate in faevalla or whatever, the cabin level, etc

and I mean, the general concept is still there even if there are technically finite dudes. If I plow through a troupe of guys, and more just keep coming for a while, but then I reach a magic point and they stop, that is bad game design.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, no, I hear you.

But I just never really had a problem with the MW games having a limited respawning amount.

Now in Black Ops and WaW just fucking kill me now. I was trying to do this stupid level in BlOps on Veteran where there are literally 7 dudes who respawn within 10 seconds of killing them. And you need to get completely out into the open to stab and kick a barrel into a thing to get a checkpoint. Holy fuck me, no, I gave up then and there. The worst part was how it was only like level four or five, too. Just so awful.

At least in MW2 once you kill the five hundredth guy they stop coming.

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2011
    I enjoyed MW2 but on the hardest difficulty it was definitely a checkpoint slog. Shoot some dudes, run and pray.

I finished it on the hardest but then Black Ops sucked on hardest difficulty and I quit after 3 levels.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I used to be so good at MW1 multiplayer.

Got almost as good in 2 but not quite since the MP5 did so much less damage over a wider spread and the sneaking was less effective.

I remember getting ratios of 2 or 3 kills per death in MW1.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote:

Got almost as good in 2 but not quite since the MP5 did so much less damage over a wider spread and the sneaking was less effective.

well stop using the MP5 and start using the best gun in the game

a silenced G3

MrMonroe wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

a silenced G3

The semi auto assault rifle?

I used that too in MW1 to almost as good of scores as the MP5.

I knew the MP5 so well though that I was able to use it as max range, granted that would take a whole magazine to take someone out, and that was less than efficient.

In bigger maps I'd use the G3. Maps like Pipeline and sometimes overgrown.

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

a silenced G3

Wrong. M14 with ACOG.

edited October 2011
    I used the M14 when I wanted to go loud more often than not.

But most of the time it was silencer/UAV jammer for me. Without those I tended to camp. I didn't like to camp, mostly outflank and take the enemies from the side or rear.

Tallahasseeriel on
This discussion has been closed.