As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Pyromania Update Day 3! MEET THE PYRO RELEASED! Do you believe in magic?

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote:
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Besides loadouts and multi-misc, this is pretty much a dog of an update. I didn't realize that "over 30 new items" meant "Hats and one or two weapons that are just reskins."

I expect them to do something cool for the Halloween update that involves new weapons.
    I hope.

There will be five new weapons for Halloween, and all of them will be swords for the Demoman.

• Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    But you can only get them by killing the Headless Horsemann and his new Headless Horse to get Haunted Scrap, which you have to craft with the OLD Haunted Scrap from last year to make Spooky Scrap.

Then you'll need 34 Skullcutters, 8 Craft Hats, 2 Loch & Loads and completely remove your ability to play an entire class for a year.

Oh and 15 Refined.

Also:

@theantipop, I will take your crate and all other crates.

I will give you a Widowmaker.

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Looks like the item server is finally up again.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    theantipop wrote:
    I was reading through the undocumented patch notes on the wiki and came across this:
    * Shortstop reload slowed down by 50%
    * Can no longer receive ammo from dispensers or the cart when the Persian Persuader is equipped; in addition the amount of health received from fallen ammo has been reduced significantly.

I realize the PP was probably more powerful than other demo melee weapons, but this seems like overkill and makes the thing almost useless. As for the Shortstop, it seems completely unncessary. It's like they don't want anyone to use anything other than the standard loadout. Yet Valve remains reluctant to touch the heavy.

e: Also I have a series 31 crate if someone wants it. I'm looking for a Widowmaker so I can throw in a scrap or something with the crate.

Are you kidding me? The shortstop reloaded all four shots stupid fast, almost to the point of making the scattergun useless over the long haul. It was a needed nerf.

And the Persian Persuader also gave way too much health from ammo, the demoman could pretty much plow through people and pick up their guns for health and never stop.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Still deciding about the reserve shooter on the pyro but it is certainly awesome to have in pyro duels. Also just put Primeval Warrior + Deus Specs on everybody. May replace the specs on the sniper and pyro but they look awesome on everyone else.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Still cant get into my loadout, bleh.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Aww the cremator's conscience just hangs from the grenade spots on the pyro's chest, they don't sit on the pyro's shoulders?

Well, nevermind, not worth 9.99 to me then!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    the reserve shooter is kind of ridiculous in a good way. meaning its only a matter of time before its taken away

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote:
    theantipop wrote:
    I was reading through the undocumented patch notes on the wiki and came across this:
    * Can no longer receive ammo from dispensers or the cart when the Persian Persuader is equipped; in addition the amount of health received from fallen ammo has been reduced significantly.

I realize the PP was probably more powerful than other demo melee weapons, but this seems like overkill and makes the thing almost useless. As for the Shortstop, it seems completely unncessary. It's like they don't want anyone to use anything other than the standard loadout. Yet Valve remains reluctant to touch the heavy.

e: Also I have a series 31 crate if someone wants it. I'm looking for a Widowmaker so I can throw in a scrap or something with the crate.

Are you kidding me? The shortstop reloaded all four shots stupid fast, almost to the point of making the scattergun useless over the long haul. It was a needed nerf.

And the Persian Persuader also gave way too much health from ammo, the demoman could pretty much plow through people and pick up their guns for health and never stop.
    But the shortstop did worse damage than the scattergun at close range. They had different and specific uses. Now it's just inferior to the scattergun and no one will use it. AKA the fate of any halfway decent alt-weapon (unless it belongs to the soldier or heavy...)

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    it did less at close range but due to how fast it reloaded you could then be firing four shots all over again while the scattergun starts it slow ass reload. The Shortstop didn't do significantly less damage either, and was FAR better at range. It was pretty much nearly a straight up upgrade over the scattergun in a lot of ways.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I must have that new Medic Stahlhelm; it will go perfectly with my Soldier's RO2 Stahlhelm .

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    The real question though is why wasn't the tomislav nerfed? That thing is still far too good.

• Options
    AuburnTiger, the Surgeons Stalhelm? I just crafted #273 of that exact hat. :)

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    thats also my number 1 want hat of this update

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    I didn't see anyone mention it yet: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann_Co._Supply_Crate#Series_.2330_-_Salvaged_Mann._Co_Supply_Crate

Strange Kritzkrieg, Strange Machina, Strange Ullapool Caber, Strange Mackerel. I know quite a few people should be excited at the thought.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote:
    The real question though is why wasn't the tomislav nerfed? That thing is still far too good.
    Because it's for the heavy.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    Endaro wrote:
    I didn't see anyone mention it yet: http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Mann_Co._Supply_Crate#Series_.2330_-_Salvaged_Mann._Co_Supply_Crate

Strange Kritzkrieg, Strange Machina, Strange Ullapool Caber, Strange Mackerel. I know quite a few people should be excited at the thought.

The only reason I never play Medic anymore is because Übers don't suit my playstyle

I'd be all over a Strange Kritzkrieg. A Strange Ullapool Caber would be baller, as would a Strange Mackerel.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    It's funny that for how much valve loves to nerf pyros, they're probably the first class to get all their viable weapons available in strange quality

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    beta_angel wrote:
    AuburnTiger, the Surgeons Stalhelm? I just crafted #273 of that exact hat. :)

I wish I had stuff to craft with. :(

• Options
    theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    beta_angel wrote:
    @theantipop, I will take your crate and all other crates.

I will give you a Widowmaker.

I have a lot of crates. I just added you.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    So, the Source SDK just got an update which adds TF2's itemtest system, which is more convenient than having to load up all of TF2 and then open the console and type commands. That's cool, but for some reason Hammer now refuses to launch. Anyone else (Crash) having the same problem?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Crafted a random hat. Got the Witcher 2 hair for scout. Anyone else interested in that?

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Yeah, from what I'm hearing on TF2M Hammer is the fucked ATM.

Also, a update just dropped.

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released.
    The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
    The major changes include: - Items purchased from the Mann Co. store during the window where store items were craftable have been made craftable.
    Items purchased from the Mann Co. store moving forward will continue to be uncraftable. - Fixed a common client crash - Updated localization files

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    There is new button in SDK.

Hammer brings up errors in its messages window, something about tf.fgd, but everything seems to be loading ok.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    so can you add particle effects to any item you make? even if it would be part of a normal weapon status?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    The rocket launcher and flamethrower emit particle effects when shot so I would assume it should be possible somehow? I don't know though, those might be hard-coded in. Valve likes to do that. Tease us with things we can't use.

• Options
    in my head my weapon would have a permanent flaming arrow effect when it was out

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Fun Fact: A lot of custom maps use the flaming arrow particle for wall torches. But I am lame and use the effect Egypt uses which is actually smoke colored orange with an flame colored light on it.

• Options
    Lost CanuckLost Canuck World's Greatest Escape Artist Doctor Vundabar's Murder MachineRegistered User regular
    Are people in here looking for crates?
    I've got 10 of these and I'd like to get rid of them.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/CaptainDream?p=1

QYW8SHm.jpg
    Nintendo Switch friend code: SW-4012-4821-3053
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    so how long before someone makes a Conscientious Objector only mode called Occupy 2fort

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    AuburnTiger, while I like the hat an awful lot, it's probably never gonna get used.

So...what I'm saying is....you should consider hitting me up on Steam for discussion. :)

Also, Shoe? Fucking brilliant.

UEAKCrash wrote:
    EvilBadman wrote:
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    fuck if he doesn't want it i will make you an offer

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    beta_angel wrote:
    AuburnTiger, while I like the hat an awful lot, it's probably never gonna get used.

So...what I'm saying is....you should consider hitting me up on Steam for discussion. :)

Also, Shoe? Fucking brilliant.

I added you :)

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Were there any tweaks to the Grenade Launcher... like never being able to get more ammo for it? Maybe it was just something odd about the server I was on tonight.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Bursar wrote:
    Were there any tweaks to the Grenade Launcher... like never being able to get more ammo for it? Maybe it was just something odd about the server I was on tonight.

The persian persauder blocks gaining ammo from all sources now, including dispensers and the cart. Unequip it and you'll get ammo back. Or just charge to spawn.

The Fourth Estate on
  • Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Riale wrote:
    TheGerbil wrote:
    theantipop wrote:

But the shortstop did worse damage than the scattergun at close range. They had different and specific uses. Now it's just inferior to the scattergun and no one will use it. AKA the fate of any halfway decent alt-weapon (unless it belongs to the soldier or heavy...)

The Short Stop also requires significantly better aim than the scattergun. The scattergun puts emphasis on getting in close for maximum damage while the target is busy with something else. The SS gave scouts the ability to keep a reasonable distance between himself and other classes that could dispatch him simply by shooting at the ground. Because the spread on the SS is so fucking tight it is pretty easy to miss all four shots even at close to medium range. This is especially true if the target is moving which they pretty much always are.

I'm ranting, but its just horseshit that every decent thing the scout has gotten gets nerfed and then re-nerfed. Whereas the Heavy, soldier, and demoman get more ridiculous shit that makes them even harder to kill. Sidenote: Thank fucking god they nerfed the PP. That item doesn't even make sense.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    My Backpack is very limited to the Deus Ex stuff and whatever crap I found. I would love to take advantage of this sale. Below is my non-default items for every class. Can anyone recommend stuff? Sniper is the class I'm most satisfied with. Soldier is the class where I have not found a single item.

Scout
    Main - Force A Nature
    Secondary - Crit a Cola
    Melee - Sandman

Soldier - NOT A GODDAMN THING

Pyro
    Main - Degreaser
    Secondary - NOTHING
    Melee - Back Scratcher, Axetinguisher, Homewrecker

Demo
    Main - Loch n Load
    Secondary - Nothing
    Melee - The Eyelander, The Charge n Targe

Heavy
    Main - Natasha
    Secondary - Sandvich, Buffalo Steak Sandvich
    Melee - Gloves of Running Urgently

Engineer
    Main - Widowmaker
    Secondary - Short Circuit
    Melee - Wrench

Medic
    Main - Overdose, Strange Crusader's Crossbow
    Heal Gun - Strange Medigun, Quick Fix
    Melee - The Solemn Vow

Sniper
    Main - The Machina, The Huntsman
    Secondary - SMG
    Melee - The Bushwacka, Sahanshah, Tribleman's Shiv

Spy
    Main - Dimondback, The Ambassador
    Knife - Your Eternal Reward
    Watch - Dead Ringer

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I hate Valve forever for allowing the Vuvuzela into TF2

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote:
    I'm ranting, but its just horseshit that every decent thing the scout has gotten gets nerfed and then re-nerfed. Whereas the Heavy, soldier, and demoman get more ridiculous shit that makes them even harder to kill. Sidenote: Thank fucking god they nerfed the PP. That item doesn't even make sense.

Pyro says hello, and understands your position completely.

VRXwDW7.png
This discussion has been closed.