As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your 10 favorite games of all time. After Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    why dont you shut the fuck up and fucking buy it when it comes the fuck out and fucking find out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeWFsuH9CGA

Kochikens on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Because i don't have money to buy games i will just break in an hour or two. So i'm buying batman instead.

maybe Saints row 3.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    april 24th, 2012

no fucking excuse motherfucker
    go fucking preorder it

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Mass effect 3.

Also unemployment. living in detroit jr.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Kochikens wrote:
    you can all

tumblr_lqgwr4JHJz1qbyfs4.gif

man putting that gif in my linkbar was the best decision i ever made

Mpz9o.gif

• TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    Dichotomy wrote:
    so I hear there will be no sequel to space marine, so THQ can focus on the MMO

I'm both incredibly sad and incredibly angry

MOTHER FUCKER

relic isn't working on the MMO though, except for like minor art assets or something

relic has to be working on something

Homeworld 3 one hopes.

Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    It will never happen.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    catch up on all the conversations i missed while too drunk to post

I fucking love action games

yes ultimate spiderman is the best

shattered dimensions is probably the best spiderman game this generation

edge of time was good in concept but they're so focused on timeline stuff and don't pull it off well that they forgot to make an actual spiderman game. combat is good, but because they cookie cuttered it from SD, it feels stale

WHAT THE FUCK SPACE MARINE

• Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    just buy sixty dollar games whether they're broken or not

there is no other way to get information

consumerist Russian roulette

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    So Beenox is making The Amazing Spider-Man, based on the upcoming movie.

The reason I am excited after the mehbad Edge of Time?

It is open-world like Spider-Man 2.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Getting hyped for Spider-Man games anymore is like getting hyped for Sonic games

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    You are destroying my spirit, Keith.

2dtr87s.png
  • Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    Getting hyped for Spider-Man games anymore is like getting hyped for Sonic games

this is so right

only the second one was any good!

You are destroying my spirit, Keith.

Look, I'd love for a good Spider-Man game to come out

but after the past...500 of them, I don't know why you'd expect anything great

• HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    I want a good navy game, let's get one of those huh?

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I think there was supposed to be one.. let me dig it up

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    Huh, Thanks Art!

Supreme commander had some fun naval combat as well.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Okay so what the fuck Uncharted.
    I just got past the part where all of a sudden I'm playing Resident Evil. I haven't been this blindsided by a sudden left turn in tone/setting in a game in a long time.

I get what they were trying to do, of course, doing the whole Indiana Jones the-artifact-really-is-magic twist, but it was... very, very jarring.

sig.gif
    edited October 2011
    Yeah. That is a thing that happens.

Still pretty okay overall though!

And the second one is a whole lot better.

Still has
    weird supernatural stuff

Artreus on
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    I had exactly the same reaction at the time.

Yeah, I was like "what the fuck"

Then the game froze on me during that part, and it froze at the same place for a friend

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Tip for Uncharted 1 at the part you're at

Stop aiming down the sights

Run-and-gun, buddy, run-and-gun

6F32U1X.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The second part of U2 was way weaker than U1 though.

It was definitely harder in Uncharted 2
    The first time you fight those monsters I died like 10 times. After the first couple I thought "maybe you can't kill them and have to run". NOPE. They're just a bitch to kill until you get their arrows

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote:
    Its been more my experience that there's at least a few weeks of "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" before reading nitpicky stuff on forums that you've never really experienced or care about, yet ruins the experience for you anyway.

Like LA Noire

When it came out everyone was saying it's amazing, games should be like it

now I see a bunch of people claiming it's total shit

I dunno man, the reviews were pretty mixed when it first came out.

Keith wrote:
    It was definitely harder in Uncharted 2
    The first time you fight those monsters I died like 10 times. After the first couple I thought "maybe you can't kill them and have to run". NOPE. They're just a bitch to kill until you get their arrows
    Yeah it became a bit annoying.

The shotgun also worked well against them also.

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    But even then you had to shoot them without aiming, sort of twirl around at the last second and hipfire. One hit from them would turn the screen greyscale so you couldn't ever go slow.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    woah this thread is still going

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Anyone who claims LA Noire is "Total shit" is full of shit. You can like or dislike the gameplay but you cannot say the game has no redeeming qualities.

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote:

Well now I'm past that and I did aim but with all the M40 ammo lying around there it wasn't so bad.

Also yeah almost at the end now and I can already see what Uncharted 2 does better to have gotten the reception it did. Because in 1 here I'm definitely feeling like I'm just walking from one big open firefight to the next. Like as soon as I turn a corner and I see a box with some guns on it I'm like "ugh I'm about to get swarmed by 50 god damn guys. Again."

Also the enemies take WAY too many bullets. These are just supposed to be regular guys and they take as much to put down as Locusts. And then towards the end they start having helmets and headshots don't even do it anymore.

It has some moments of sheer brilliance interspersed through repetitive gunfights. That's my review of Uncharted 1 in a nutshell, maybe like 2 chapters from the end of the game.

sig.gif
    Blake T wrote:
    The second part of U2 was way weaker than U1 though.

Yeah I think I agree.

Overall I liked it a lot better, but the end stuff was kind of dumb.

It was very pretty though

Blake T wrote:
    Moriveth wrote:
    Its been more my experience that there's at least a few weeks of "THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER" before reading nitpicky stuff on forums that you've never really experienced or care about, yet ruins the experience for you anyway.

Like LA Noire

When it came out everyone was saying it's amazing, games should be like it

now I see a bunch of people claiming it's total shit

I dunno man, the reviews were pretty mixed when it first came out.

This is only true if you used "mixed" to mean good and great. It still holds almost a 90 on metacritic.

2dtr87s.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote:
    Mr. G wrote:

Well now I'm past that and I did aim but with all the M40 ammo lying around there it wasn't so bad.

Also yeah almost at the end now and I can already see what Uncharted 2 does better to have gotten the reception it did. Because in 1 here I'm definitely feeling like I'm just walking from one big open firefight to the next. Like as soon as I turn a corner and I see a box with some guns on it I'm like "ugh I'm about to get swarmed by 50 god damn guys. Again."

Also the enemies take WAY too many bullets. These are just supposed to be regular guys and they take as much to put down as Locusts. And then towards the end they start having helmets and headshots don't even do it anymore.

It has some moments of sheer brilliance interspersed through repetitive gunfights. That's my review of Uncharted 1 in a nutshell, maybe like 2 chapters from the end of the game.

See, I haven't played Uncharted 1, but I don't see how any of this is different from Uncharted 2. Enemies are still bullet sponges, those blue fuckers are goddamn terrible. Basically all you can do against them is run, gun, and pray. I never felt like I beat them because I played well, I only beat them because I got lucky.

mrsatansig.png
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I honestly cannot wrap my mind around why Uncharted 2 is as well-liked as it is. I mean, it has some really cool qualities, but it has its share of really obvious flaws too.

It's not an awful game, but its a far cry from the best game ever.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
    Nah, the gunplay is a lot better than in the first. The visuals were really pretty, the story was fun. Lots of great action.

It is easily in my top 10 games

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Uncharted does very little to impress me. Not unfun, but of the q3 releases that year, Demons Souls was better

You people is crazy

This discussion has been closed.