As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Occupy [chat]

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    Sarksus wrote:
    Multi-grain Cheerios are the shit.

Apple-Cinnamon > Multi-Grain

Might as well be eating candy.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote:
    I am an adult, so I watch shows made for adults.

that's the thing: like any good children's literature, it's actually for adults.

Like Batman: The Animated Series. So good.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
    Multi-grain should have a mascot too.

Like, a black guy, an asian guy, a white guy and I don't know how many grains are in here. I see three colors.

• Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    I have the Gmail addon that tests if you're drunk if you try emailing someone late at night, but it doesn't work for me because I'm good at math no matter how much liquor I've had.

• MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Alright, I dunno what to do.

I ask this girl out. Few days later, we go on a date. She hugs me and we set up another one. Few days later, I have to reschedule the date. The next day, I text her to ask her if she wants to do something in the next few days. No response for two days now.

Do I call now? Just wait until the day before we're supposed to go out again (next Sunday)?

I've had girls just pretend I don't even exist before, even though they've been very positive the whole time :/

Call, if she answers invite her to something impromptu, must be within the next two days.

If she declines, "dang. Well should I just call again next time something's up?"

Of she says yes then do so.

If she does not answer do not leave a message, try again in a few days. This can be tried a maximum of three times.

The key is to keep the ball in your court, but give her no pressure opportunities to back out at the end of each exchange until she shows a clear intent for or against, and then roll with that response.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Education has failed me, as I never knew about Anti-Suffragists before.

456px-Anti-suffragist.jpg

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I'd say if she's not interested, stop trying.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    we watched a John Wayne movie set in Africa

it sure was something

edited October 2011

it sure was something

Was he racist. John Wayne being racist is a pretty good trip. John Wayne not being racist is a bigger trip, though.

Sarksus on
    Sarksus wrote:

it sure was something

Was he racist. John Wayne being racist is a pretty good trip. John Wayne not being racist is a bigger trip, though.

yes

first there was a character called the Indian

then one of the ladies did blackface

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    sarks, you know multi-grain has, like, quite a bit of sugar?

your cereal is a lie

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

it sure was something

African Queen?

• themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    I just watched Bridesmaids. It was funny enough but I was disappointed. Anchoring effects are very real.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    sarks, you know multi-grain has, like, quite a bit of sugar?

your cereal is a lie

You're a cheerio.

emnmnme wrote:

it sure was something

African Queen?

hatari

• MentalExerciseMentalExercise Indefenestrable Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote:

Not if she hasn't indicated disinterest! If she's unsure, there's nothing wrong with a little convincing. And a little short-term pursuit feels very nice, even if she decides she's not interested.

"More fish for Kunta!"

--LeVar Burton
    Sarksus wrote:

it sure was something

yes

first there was a character called the Indian

then one of the ladies did blackface

That is racist for sure.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    post that to my face, motherfucker

fiber1 FOR LIFE

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Okay so I don't want to sound insensitive because the guy just died, but synching really is the most goddamn stupid thing anyone has ever come up with.

I just literally MOVED an ICON and iTunes is going through 6 full "steps" to accomplish this gargantuan feat.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Organichu wrote:

Well, she scheduled another date with him, so it's possible she's interested. I think he should try again to verify, actually calling her to get an immediate response instead of texting. If she doesn't answer or avoids a date, then you're probably right that she's uninterested.

Oh, everything is racist these days.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I just watched Bridesmaids. It was funny enough but I was disappointed. Anchoring effects are very real.

More explanation on the last plx?

I pretty much loathe "breakfast food" and generally eat nothing or last nights leftovers. When I was on a fitness kick and had to eat I ate crazy shit like fish and raw eggs. Breakfast basically boils down to quick and easy which is why people dig cereal.

― Marcus Aurelius

I don't think anyone would view that as an attack on Steve Jobs, Drez, unless they were crazy.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I saw C.R.A.Z.Y. last night. Not my kind of movie, but a very enjoyable one nonetheless.

I guess I am at the point in my life where if a girl doesn't seem enthusiastic, I'm not inclined to be, either. I am forward and excited about the people I like, and I'll definitely try to guide towards another meeting and stuff to do... but if she seems like she could sort of take or leave it, meh.

MEH.

I don't get why blackface is racist. They're showing respect by imitating an ancient culture. harpdarp.png

I was gonna update my OS to 5 tonight but now I can't find my cable and my phone is dead.

emnmnme wrote:
    Oh, everything is racist these days.

they were trying to lasso a rhino

and it was weaving back and forth

and one of the characters was like, it's a woman for sure! can't make up its mind!

so good

Organichu wrote:
    I guess I am at the point in my life where if a girl doesn't seem enthusiastic, I'm not inclined to be, either. I am forward and excited about the people I like, and I'll definitely try to guide towards another meeting and stuff to do... but if she seems like she could sort of take or leave it, meh.

MEH.

ORGANICHU I AM INTERESTED TAKE ME NOW

Organichu wrote:

MEH.

*mails chu a copy of 500 Days of Summer*

Apothe0sis wrote:

More explanation on the last plx?

I heard it was great so I ended up being disappointed because I was expecting something really awesome. I'm not sure if that is anchoring or negative anchoring. As for anchoring effects in general, wikipedia says
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring

― Marcus Aurelius

Organichu wrote:

MEH.

ORGANICHU I AM INTERESTED TAKE ME NOW

Alright so I don't exactly provide natural moisture, how we gonna do this

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    Alright, I dunno what to do.

I ask this girl out. Few days later, we go on a date. She hugs me and we set up another one. Few days later, I have to reschedule the date. The next day, I text her to ask her if she wants to do something in the next few days. No response for two days now.

Do I call now? Just wait until the day before we're supposed to go out again (next Sunday)?

I've had girls just pretend I don't even exist before, even though they've been very positive the whole time :/

Call, if she answers invite her to something impromptu, must be within the next two days.

If she declines, "dang. Well should I just call again next time something's up?"

Of she says yes then do so.

If she does not answer do not leave a message, try again in a few days. This can be tried a maximum of three times.

The key is to keep the ball in your court, but give her no pressure opportunities to back out at the end of each exchange until she shows a clear intent for or against, and then roll with that response.

Alright, I called an left a message. I'm just afraid of being a) ditched and b) being clingy.

JKKaAGp.png
    Calling at 11:45 at night on a Saturday probably wasn't the best idea...

It's important to say stuff like,

"I just... I just really like you, you know?"

and

"I mean, this isn't a weird call to make, right? This isn't weird. Is it? No... no, this definitely isn't weird. So yeah, get back to me about when you're free. I hope this isn't weird."

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Oh my fucking god how do I turn off auto-backup in iTunes.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    I think that if a lady Ikes you she will respond to your overtures

or make overtures of her own

Organichu wrote:

and

"I mean, this isn't a weird call to make, right? This isn't weird. Is it? No... no, this definitely isn't weird. So yeah, get back to me about when you're free. I hope this isn't weird."

okay so I'm not sure if you got those first six messages but I really need you to call me because I can see that you're home right now and

Organichu wrote:

and

okay so I'm not sure if you got those first six messages but I really need you to call me because I can see that you're home right now and

Last message I left it almost sounded like you picked up just as I hung up. You didn't, did you? Ok, just checking... call me.

This discussion has been closed.