As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 07 Dates

RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
edited June 2006 in PAX Archive
Hi, I have a question regarding how the dates are set. Are they constrained around personal time, available facilities, or both? The reason I ask is, once again, my college is starting its semester of schooling the Monday after PAX. I've been interested to go for a while now; however it’s just impossible at this point. I'm sure I'm not the only person who is in this situation, most schools do start around the same time, and the first few weeks (well, in most colleges, the first week) is must-attend.

I suppose what I am asking for is that next year when the dates are planned, maybe pushing it forward a week or two for us who need to travel from Tampa, FL (well, not everyone as extreme as I) to get to PAX. Like, say. first or second week of August, rather than third.

Thanks for reading.

Rivulent on

• Options
    aREALplayeraREALplayer Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Can't you just enjoy the fact that while we are wasting out time playing video games you are out there getting a usefull education? Isn't it enough that society loves you and nutures your every naive hope and drug addled fever dream? Do you need to rule every area of social intercourse?

aREALplayer on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    This is more for robert khoo instead of gabe :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    First of all, if i sound rude, i apologize, because i do not mean to be. but every year, someone on the forums asks the exact same questions, and every year we get the same response. all three years now the con has been on the third weekend of august, and i get the feeling it is going to stay that way. but you might wanna try and ask khoo, not gabe.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    So...it starts on the Monday...and you can't get yourself a flight back on Sunday night so you can be there for class? O_o

The first PAX, I drove up with a friend and my girlfriend and flew back on Monday EARLY MORNING so we could make it to my girlfriend's class that day...

You can do it, dude.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I'm taking the first week of summer semester off next year for E3. You can make PAX no problem!

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Nephirij wrote:
    First of all, if i sound rude, i apologize, because i do not mean to be. but every year, someone on the forums asks the exact same questions, and every year we get the same response. all three years now the con has been on the third weekend of august, and i get the feeling it is going to stay that way. but you might wanna try and ask khoo, not gabe.

At least someone said it :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2006
    BigRed wrote:
    Nephirij wrote:

At least someone said it :P

Yeah. But I'm sure we'll get at least three more of these threads...

Legacy on
  • Options
    RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Thanks for the non-rash replies. When I read "I don't mean to be rude", I expected the thread to spin off into the abysmal status of a SE++ rebuttal :). I wasn't aware that this has been asked for in the past, but that should at least bring some attention that it is something more than a few people want (for every 10 people who want it, only 1 asks for it, or so I'd imagine).

Fair enough though, I'm still rooting for 2nd week next year :).

Rivulent on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Also...even if they did want to push it forward a week or two next year, they couldn't, as they've probably already have had to reserve the location for it. If it's going to be in Seattle, at least.

So...if they were going to move it forward...maybe in 2008...but I severly doubt it.

Legacy on
  • Options
    EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    I thought 2007 was to be the year of the East Coast. Of course I have no idea why I thought that.

EmperorMing on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    I thought 2007 was to be the year of the East Coast. Of course I have no idea why I thought that.

And even still, they'll have the West Coast one.

Legacy on
  • Options
    ZartanZartan Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    O man that means that I have to make the 2500 mile trip to washignton 2 more times.

Zartan on
  • Options
    EmperorMingEmperorMing Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    O man that means I have to make the 20 mile trip to washington a few more times.

Oh you mean state.

EmperorMing on
  • Options
    QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Legacy wrote:

I wonder. Do they expect a lot of people to go to both?

QuizMaster on
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

I would, but I'm not made out of money.

Legacy on
  • Options
    QuazarQuazar Registered User regular
    edited June 2006
    Legacy wrote:
    QuizMaster wrote:
    Legacy wrote:

I would, but I'm not made out of money.
    If the East Coast one is in Atlanta, Legacy will be coming so he can hang out with me.

Quazar on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    atl7hahahazo7.png
    XBL: QuazarX
  • Options
    edited June 2006
    Quazar wrote:
    If the East Coast one is in Atlanta, Legacy will be coming so he can hang out with me.

More like you're coming to this one to hang out with me.

Legacy on