As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...Also AP Bio, The Mick, and Mythic Quest

• EgoEgo Registered User regular
    I just... don't see much that there's to like with Frank. He really shines on occasion, and the character is acted very well. But I'd much rather see the other four cast interacting in general.

I'd probably go Charlie>Dennis>Mac>Dee>Frank for characters.

As to the liberty bell episode, I just... nothing in it appealed to me. It had funny moments but overall I just wished I was watching another episode.

Erik
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    dennis is my favorite but I don't really have a ranking beyond that

obviously everyone has their opinion I just think it has some really great moments, I actually watched it earlier when the topic came up.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    Ego wrote:
    I just... don't see much that there's to like with Frank. He really shines on occasion, and the character is acted very well. But I'd much rather see the other four cast interacting in general.

I'd probably go Charlie>Dennis>Mac>Dee>Frank for characters.

As to the liberty bell episode, I just... nothing in it appealed to me. It had funny moments but overall I just wished I was watching another episode.

I'd go

Fank>Dennis/Mac>Charlie>Dee

I hate Dee. But, like a good villain, I LOVE to hate her. So don't get me wrong, I wouldn't vote her off the island, Dee is a very important part of the show. I like all the main characters really. Although I wasn't fond of Frank's brother, hope he doesn't become a reoccurring character.

All in all, I think this season has been kinda mah. Not bad, just mah. The first episode was boring but had a fantastic episode and the second had a very strong 2nd half but a lame 1st half.

WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Frank is like Pierce on Community best when used as a foil for other characters rather than the focus himself

• HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    i want some more jokes on Mac's weight gain.

steam_sig.png
  • DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Ok, ok, lets not be ridiculous and start ranking characters here. They all shine as a group. Dee is one of the funniest female characters on TV, so lets give her credit where credit is due. Calling people turkeys? Classic.

The Gang Cracks the liberty bell and last seasons 2 part opener both felt a little weak when I first watched them. But they hold up well on repeat. Keep in mind, Dennis "feeling feelings" was from the 2 parter. As well as Charlies uncle's creepy hand obsession.

This one, I really feel wont hold up. Its a very weak episode comically, and thats mainly due to lack of the gang. I would have prefered if somehow, the gang played characters throughout Frank's past. Them being missing from 90% of the episode ruined it.

616610-1.png
  • pdk01pdk01 Registered User regular
    Yeah, the fat that the gang is in the episode for a combined 3 minutes is no good. And on the subject of bad episodes, I'm amazed nobody brought up the xmas special.

• EgoEgo Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote:
    Ok, ok, lets not be ridiculous and start ranking characters here. They all shine as a group. Dee is one of the funniest female characters on TV, so lets give her credit where credit is due. Calling people turkeys? Classic.

The Gang Cracks the liberty bell and last seasons 2 part opener both felt a little weak when I first watched them. But they hold up well on repeat. Keep in mind, Dennis "feeling feelings" was from the 2 parter. As well as Charlies uncle's creepy hand obsession.

This one, I really feel wont hold up. Its a very weak episode comically, and thats mainly due to lack of the gang. I would have prefered if somehow, the gang played characters throughout Frank's past. Them being missing from 90% of the episode ruined it.

I'll have to rewatch the christmas special to remember it properly (that's the one where Frank drives up in the lambo, right? if so I didn't find it terribly strong either.)

But in terms of ranking characters, I really didn't mean to imply any character was actually bad or anything. Dee is still awesome even if I like the other guys more than her --actually, rethinking things, I'd say I like her character as much as Mac. Frank is the only character that I'm never sure if I really like or not --and I think a big part of that is that I just see DeVito there.
    I would totally watch a show that was just about Charlie doing his thing every day. Best single character on any sitcom ever.

Erik
    I was warned the xmas special was bad, so it didnt dissapoint me, and I actually enjoyed it. That being said, it had a completely different vibe then the rest of the show. The characters seemed more like...people with the same past as the Gang, but not quite the gang. I still liked it a lot, though. Lets face it, compared to most sitcoms, even the worst episodes of Sunny are amazing.

616610-1.png
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    The Christmas episode has been condensed in my mind into a single moment: Frank bursting from out of the sofa naked at the party.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Terrendos wrote:
    The Christmas episode has been condensed in my mind into a single moment: Frank bursting from out of the sofa naked at the party.

that may be the funniest bit of physical comedy the show has ever done

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    really great dennis moments tonight

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Yeah, that was some prime creepy Dennis there.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    missed most of tonight, tuned in at the end to see Dee screaming DESTROY THE MACHINES

was awesome

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Dennis killed it tonight. I figured he would do something when they brought up boyfriends, but how far overboard he went was just classic.

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    There are few consistencies in life.

Frank always has his gun, and now Charlie always has another hatchet.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I loved Charlie's super-subtle appraisal of Dee's breasts.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    "Calm down!" as he's raising up a gun from nowhere. So great. I had to pause.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Dennis' reaction to the girls asking if they could bring their boyfriends was the best part of the episode.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote:
    Dennis' reaction to the girls asking if they could bring their boyfriends was the best part of the episode.

I don't know, I liked watching him track behind the reporter while she talked.

Also, the second hatchet. I could tell it was coming, but still.

• GogarGogar Registered User regular
    "We gotta stop pussydicking around here."

• HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    This episode was fantastic. Creepy Dennis, insane Dee, Charlie kidnapping the reporter with his hatchet, Frank screaming LOOT LOOT LOOT! So good.

kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    could have only been improved by having mac eat in every single scene, instead of just 90% of the scenes

• StrikaStrika Registered User regular
    I just love how Dennis/Charlie, Dennis/Mac, Charlie/Mac all have different interactions with each other, and they all have the same disdain for Dee.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    yessssss

they lied to me!

when dennis turns angry charlie responds perfectly

That is one of my favorite scenes.

Everything about it is perfect. From his creepy "that...thats a requirement!" to the slow pauses during his "how did you not know" rant, to the "shoo away from me" to charlies response.

Sociopath Denis is the best character. Even better then Big Mac.

616610-1.png
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    This latest episode really reminded me of RPGs or games my friends and I would come up with in similar situations. I think plenty of people can identify with this. And it was pretty awesome. Jeezum crow!

uyvfOQy.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh my God tonight's episode. Easily one of my favorites of the series.

I love episodes about convoluted rules & games, and this one hit the nail on the head.

I know want to... Nay! I must create a similar drinking game!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Pi-r8Pi-r8 Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Oh my God tonight's episode. Easily one of my favorites of the series.

I love episodes about convoluted rules & games, and this one hit the nail on the head.

I know want to... Nay! I must create a similar drinking game!
    Yeah this episode was awesome. I'm thinking: get rid of the cake eating, and emotional battery, and dart throwing. Need to come up with something slightly less sociopathic to replace them.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i don't know if i've ever laughed that hard in my life

when they go 'no, you have to eat the ingredients of a cake' i almost shit my pants

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    the cut from the coin flip was pretty great, perfect ending

she did, I saw her but I didn't tell you

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    *Dennis looks at the dart that has been embedded in his hand and does not react*
    Mac: "He's dead inside."

• GospreyGosprey Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    You know how there's that website where they play video games and stream them for charity. I want to donate to CharDee MacDennis marathon for charity.

Gosprey on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    They should release the rulebook.

I would totally get a group together to play that game.

Well, minus the actual violence and the risks of salmonella. So house rules, I guess.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote:
    They should release the rulebook.

I would totally get a group together to play that game.

Well, minus the actual violence and the risks of salmonella. So house rules, I guess.

That's the thing. The greatest rule of the game is that cheating is allowed. Just don't get caught.

This episode was fantastic! I love Mac's self awareness "I will likely forget that it is nailed down."

The wine and cheese between rounds is the best part. I am definately incoporating that into every drinking game. Beer Pong? Wine and cheese between rounds. Flippy Cup? Wine and cheese between rounds? Random card games? Wine and Cheese between rounds.

Charlie denying that he wrote that card and Dennis' insane anticipation towards being able to steal was amazing.

So was the unfired Chekhov's gun of "No puzzles! No puzzles! No Puzzles!" They failed miserably at all other aspects of the game, so how horrible are they at puzzles where they pray not to get one!?

616610-1.png
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Hah. "Shut up, dog!". Kicks the crate and throws his "beer" in Frank's face. So great.

Decoy on