As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] PIA: Lobotomy Waiting Room

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sneaky? Perhaps, but you are dealing with a lot of folks who aren't certain what to expect day to day. You'll need to put forth some facts or observations for people to follow your claims. As a law student, you can probably handle your own quite well. I should know, I work with your kind.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I agree with Locus, as much as we love to see a network of innocent specials form up to take on the bad guys, in games like these were nobody really knows what's going on, it's hard to depend upon others at that time. I think Mazlo had a great sig during the FFT phalla game that stated:

Win Condition: Avoid The Bandwagon!

He is quite correct there.

EDIT: Re: Cheez, I can't help it if the others are drooling on the walls or licking the window. I'm just posting lots to pass some time and to see if I can't help add something fun to the game.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    RE: Cheez

I blame it on my job, I have to review documents, procedures etc for compliance, consistency etc. I'm that guy who reads everything when you sign any formal document.

That's part of it. The other would be that I have some information handy, hence my conclusions earlier. I wish I had more to bring to the table, but I don't. I am under the impression that patients, whether special or not, are not the ones even the bad guys want to kill It's each other they need to kill the most due to the numbers I believe they each possess.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    RE: Frosteey.

Perhaps, but because it was mentioned earlier, the bad guys probably didn't realize that us patients got a role pm that basically said: You are in this place by mistake. Get out!. Win Condition: Get out!.

Not exactly a lot of information. The bad guys who did not realize this, probably tripped themselves up early on.

In the end, I can only hope both bad guy groups whiddle themselves down far enough for us to clean them up at the end of the game, so I guess I don't mind being a target of aggression, besides, giving information out can only help the patients, which is the team I am on this game.

Since this room fills up most likely by the hospital staff, I would believe them to be our biggest enemy. I could be wrong, since I don't know for sure how we are to get out of here, I just hope we don't all end up on the operating table finding the same way out.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Well, Cheez and Frosteey, here's a start. Why did we have an extra person go into the waiting room on day 2?

The riots might be a big indicator, but why was there only one mid-day narration with people not only being thrown into the waiting room, but why did someone instantly die?

Just some food for thought.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Pssst. Moonscatter.

Shadow Seeker was replaced. You can vote for Grundlterror who just joined in his place, or Serpent, the guy with 1 post who didn't die last night as Father suggested he would. Which means he made his presence known or he has an excuse. Real life excuse or he sent in his group's orders that night?

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'd love to get out of here Grundl, but I'm not the only one of course. Perhaps tomorrow I will get out, or I will be enlightened by Father. I do very much hope for the former though.

I wish I could see you guys clearly, but the window's been tinted a funny shade of brown. It also smells.

While Father tries to keep the place sanitary, I think his janitorial staff isn't exactly on top of the ball right now. I think he should let us all out while he has the place cleaned. I think that's an excellent idea.

Ardor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gnasty I tried :(

And the least you dudes could have done was send me some company a bit more attractive than Ardor

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Gnasty I tried :(

And the least you dudes could have done was send me some company a bit more attractive than Ardor

:(

I'm very sensitive Balefuego, that was very unkind.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So, Squashua, do you find yourself more happy now? Is this 'enlightenment' father offers a worthy prize for us all?

Lick the window once for yes and kick robothero in the balls for no.

Ardor on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    It looks as though my lobotomy tonight is all but assured. I hope you will all remember these words of wisdom when I'm gone:

• Kill Serpent, he is always evil if I'm not.
    • Kill spaik, he deserves it.
    • Kill robothero before he explodes from that Goliath serum.

Goodbye, fellow patients. I go now to Father's tender care.
    Time to go play Civ IV!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good luck in Civ IV, sorry we cannot help you anymore.

Grundl, I think you should go after Hakkekage. Afterall, a person hiding behind an avatar that cute has to be evil. It worked in past games!

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Lots of activity over there. Good luck guys and gals, I hope you find another baddie. We need all the help we can get it seems.

Ardor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    FWD you are a good man.

See you in the next Phalla <3

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good evening DA. I had to talk to someone, I'd like to think the folks on the other side of the glass could hear me, if not, I'm good with carrying on a one person conversation.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Truth be told DA, I'd love to find out who put me in here so if I get back to the common room, I can give them a kick in the head. This is really not a lot of fun in here.

Plus, I think Father is out drinking again, we will likely not hear from him for a while.

Ardor on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    FWD you are a good man.

See you in the next Phalla <3

Farewell! Don't die!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sorry Hakkekage, I saw this brilliant flash of blidning light and ran around for a short period of time trying to figure out why my eyes felt as though they were on fire.

I think I'm back now, but the scars remain.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    It's ok DA. Death by pencil is almost certainly better then what fate awaits most of us who enter the waiting room. At least there's one bright side.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Who says it's been handed out?

Could've been worse. The killer could be running around with a crayon or protractor or ruler.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good luck everyone, it was a pleasure.

Ardor on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Uh, well. I don't like it in here already.

On the upside, only one lobotomy death in here tonight, since there'll only be three in here. Barring any unforseen events, anyways. The bad thing for me is that I'm at the head of the line. Unless there's good reason to be voting for Hakkekage or utharda, I'm probably going to vote myself to be freed. I may not post as much, but I consider myself more useful to the village.

Anyways, for now... Night 4 Spreadsheet (up to posts 1805 / 222)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Being condemned is a lot worse than the usual paranoia of being targeted. When you see the end directly in front of you, it puts everything else into perspective... it's kind of depressing.

Since our vigilante is still alive, I'd advise them to target Serpent rather than go after him with the vote. If Serpent is one of the '???' peoples, then he may have a deflection ability similar to that of DevoutlyApathetic. Since DA was killed by the vigilante, then it seems like a safer bet.

Now the question is, who to target with the vote? I'll think of something, if it'll help me get out of this waiting room alive.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Dammit! This sucks. I hate this place.

Well, you guys really have no reason to save me, I'm just a regular patient with no connections at all. Utharda has been quiet, so I know nothing of him; any reason why you should be saved, MrBlarney?

You have until 3 PM to convince me who to vote for, you guys, because then I'm leaving until Sunday night. Although judging by the past two nights it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference who is supposed to be freed :X

PK you raving son of a bitch!

ALSO: HAH! I told you moonscatter wasn't evil.

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    uthardautharda Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Dammit! This sucks. I hate this place.

Well, you guys really have no reason to save me, I'm just a regular patient with no connections at all. Utharda has been quiet, so I know nothing of him; any reason why you should be saved, MrBlarney?

You have until 3 PM to convince me who to vote for, you guys, because then I'm leaving until Sunday night. Although judging by the past two nights it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference who is supposed to be freed :X

PK you raving son of a bitch!

ALSO: HAH! I told you moonscatter wasn't evil.
    hakkekage, she is evil.. she just isnt evil in game. trust me on that one -)

shes eeeeeeevilllllllll.

i'm sitll a little confused on how we got here.. plot wise but then i've been working to much.

i'm inclined to vote for either of you for salvation, so i'll come back this evening and votey.

personally i couild use the lobotomy

utharda on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So you're saying that there isn't any point in your living, right, utharda, being a regular patient? And that the only one of us with any value would be MrBlarney, if only for the spreadsheets he provides?

I'll wait to vote, though. Lots of people in here made the mistake of voting too early; I will view the proceedings while I can and vote accordingly later.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    thats pretty much my point .

that and as the ramones put it

"Guess I'll have to break the news
    That I got no mind to lose
    All the girls are in love with me
    I'm a teenage lobotomy"

utharda on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Guys, I suggest that you all vote for Serpent. Shadowseeker was just as useless as him, but only he was replaced, despite the both of them receiving the same "GET YOUR ASS IN GEAR" message. Either he is the most useless lard ass special on the face of the planet or he is just plain bad.

If Grundlterror has something he wants to share with us, though, to clear up this curious event...ahem....

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    You know goddamn well what I mean, you imaginary-ball-kicking fiend

Are you going to debunk the theory that only nonspecial roles are passed on due to inactivity, or are you going to poison us all from the inside, strumpet and cad that you are?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Good morning. Yeah, there's nothing in-game making me different from a regular patient. It's basically the spreadsheets. At the very least, my commitment to keeping track of the votes makes sure I have some semblance of knowing what's going on. There should only be one kill in here tonight (if the sign tells the truth), so unless there is pressing reason to get utharda out, it's a choice between Hakkekage and myself. I hope I can get your support in returning to the common room... I hope I'm making a difference.

Serpent does need to be taken out today, but as I said just a few posts up, I think it'd be safer if it was done by vigilante, just in case we have another situation like with DevoutlyApathetic. DA wasn't listed as any special kind of '???', so I wonder if they all have that deflection ability. You could double up the attacks (vote and vigilante), but that's wasteful. Hmm. Well, vote should be fine as a test tonight. If another deflection occurs, then I suppose we go to the vigilante?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    I'm going to assume that DA had to actually do something to get the vote deflected, like PM precisionk and say "Hey dude I want to use my totally sweet power tonight". Since Serpent is presumably inactive, I hope he won't be able to do that. The vote should do it, I think.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    !vote Mr. Blarney for outies. its somethin.

yeah i think serpent was the right choice last night, but shrug.

bleh i had to buy four tires today so i'm crabby!

how did i do that in the labotomy room

not sure
    but the flowers were insistant

utharda on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    !Vote out MrBlarney

Guess I'll be dead then tonight, I suppose

Goodbye

Don't cry for me, I will be moving on to a better place

Adieu

GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Aw Grundl, when it comes down to it you really are a depp and emotional caring person

Even if you do kick people int he balls

Even if they don't have any

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Ah, geez. Thanks for voting me out of here. If I do actually make it out of here, I'll be sure to avenge you!

I !vote myself (MrBlarney) to return to the Common Room

Updated spreadsheet coming shortly.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Current Spreadsheet (up to posts 1834 / 236)

Vote Count
    Votes for Lobotomization

Serpent - 6 votes

Inquisitive Pepper - 3 votes

telcus - 2 votes

Shamus - 1 vote

13 players remaining to vote

Votes for Return to Common Room

MrBlarney - 3 votes

All players have voted.

Half the common-room players haven't voted yet. It's the weekend, so it's understandable, but let's hope for more activity, yeah?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Yeah village! win win win!

Haks is a very unhappy kitty but a totally happy girl. Haks fell in the pool while at her friend's house, meow. Haks is all mew mew wet! D:

Yes MrBlarney....AVENGE MEEEE

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Oh Gleve, you so crazy.

How many people are left in the network anyways? I know there's the pencil-stabby vigilante and possibly another 'cojoined seer', but who else might there be? There's been six good specials eliminated so far, so I don't know if we will have many still around. On the other hand, we've had three Hospital Staff and three '???' eliminated - but again, we don't know how many of them are out there. Crazy game.

Also, I seem to recall that precisionk said that this game would likely be done in about seven days. There's 28 people still alive, so a lot of people will need to be eliminated for things to resolve in that time. Uh, knock on wood.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    One hour until votes close, it's time for tradition.

Current Spreadsheet (up to posts 1849 / 239)

Vote Count
    Votes for Lobotomization

Serpent - 13 votes

Inquisitive Pepper - 2 votes
    telcus - 2 votes

Gleve - 1 vote
    Shamus - 1 vote

6 players remaining to vote

Votes for Return to Common Room

MrBlarney - 3 votes

All players have voted.

There have been only 45 posts since narration in the main thread? Wow.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Why am I here? No one voted for me...

Why do the numbers betray me?

DarkPrimus on