As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your 10 favorite games of all time. After Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Demon Souls is very much a niche game

Uncharted has very wide appeal since it is basically Indiana Jones

CYpGAPn.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Uncharted to me is basically the most charming game series ever

All the characters are fantastic (well except for the bad dudes in the first one except Eddy Raja)

6F32U1X.png
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    The second part of U2 was way weaker than U1 though.

Yeah I think I agree.

Overall I liked it a lot better, but the end stuff was kind of dumb.

It was very pretty though

Man I loved the end stuff

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote:
    Blake T wrote:
    The second part of U2 was way weaker than U1 though.

Yeah I think I agree.

Overall I liked it a lot better, but the end stuff was kind of dumb.

It was very pretty though

Man I loved the end stuff

The setting was beautiful
    I just did not like really hard to kill giant gorillas

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    Going to the Uncharted 3 AMC event on Tuesday. Pretty stoked.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Artreus wrote:
    Nah, the gunplay is a lot better than in the first. The visuals were really pretty, the story was fun. Lots of great action.

It is easily in my top 10 games

I'll give you all that, but the bossfights with the tank and the yetis, and pretty much all of the finale (save the very last bossfight) were all awful.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I have 0 interest in playing an uncharted game, unless it's uncharted waters 2

but they are good games.

I can see though if Indiana Jones-esque stuff is not your thing, not being interested.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're pretty good games.

Just not "OMG best game ever!"

mrsatansig.png
    They are some of the best games in recent memory, for me.

But different people have different opinions on things!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That's the problem with comparing games. I don't know how anyone can say Uncharted 2 is better than Demon's Souls or Demon's Souls is better than Uncharted 2. They are completely different games.

• MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    Uncharted 2 is better than Demon's Souls

there, that was easy

xet8c.gif
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm impressed.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    the warriors is better than both demon's souls and uncharted 2

7656367.jpg
  • DarricDarric Santa MonicaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I definitely feel similar about the last few of chapters of Uncharted 2 ... protracted firefights, overly difficult enemies. That said, everything up until that point is almost perfect.

Most importantly it addresses the problem SimBen is having with UC1's rote changes between platforming and combat. In UC2, the combat is so beautifully integrated with the environments and set pieces that I never tired of it until the last handful of chapters, but I'd never say it got bad. Only a lot more frustrating and less refined than the rest.

Darric on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I want to replay them both before 3 comes out, but I don't have either of them anymore

Plus I wouldn't actually replay them. I just always want to play games I talk about

I might replay 2. I don't have 1 sitting around though. I just want to do the train scene again.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    There are a lot of trophies I could still pick up in it, but I don't care about them that much

• KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    you know whats better than uncharted
    assassin's creed

nathan drake is not best bros with leonardo davinci and has not beat up a pope so he loses

uOErd.jpg

yup ezio auditore : best badass ever

is it 2 or 3 where he has a threesome

Skull Man wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    Getting hyped for Spider-Man games anymore is like getting hyped for Sonic games

this is so right

only the second one was any good!
    uh
    sonic 3 & knuckles and sonic adventure 1 and some of the GBA games are all better than sonic 2 try again

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    Getting hyped for Spider-Man games anymore is like getting hyped for Sonic games

this is so right

uh
    sonic 3 & knuckles and sonic adventure 1 and some of the GBA games are all better than sonic 2 try again

pretty sure he was talking about spider-man, sport

Yeah, why would he insinuate that any Sonic games were good

edited October 2011
    Shorty wrote: »
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Keith wrote:

this is so right

uh

'this is so right' implies that the comparison between spider-man and sonic is apt followed by 'only the second one was any good' which follows the comparison between the two series'; which means that 'only the second one was any good' for both series

Kusuguttai on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Keith wrote:

this is so right

uh

'this is so right' implies that the comparison between spider-man and sonic is apt followed by 'only the second one was any good' which follows the comparison between the two series'; which means that 'only the second one was any good' for both series

you're right, there's only ever one possible interpretation with language, especially via text

I'm gonna agree with Kusu on this one

especially since it's Skull Man and isn't he like an English Major or something equally as useless?

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Shorty wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Kusuguttai wrote:
    Keith wrote:

this is so right

uh

you're right, there's only ever one possible interpretation with language, especially via text

you're really bad at inferring what people mean through text

skull man's statement was pointless if it meant anything other than what kusu said.

Speed Racer on
    i hate this conversation

7656367.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I wish this thread had been closed 5 pages ago

So it would have ended on a nicer, less controversial, smarter note

sweeney your goal is for everything to end in jizz, though

7656367.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    TLB, what are your thoughts on Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    sweeney your goal is for everything to end in jizz, though

That isn't a goal

That's a wish

ChicoBlue wrote:
    TLB, what are your thoughts on Shadowrun for the Sega Genesis?

it did what nintendidn't

7656367.jpg
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    uOErd.jpg

i'm not going to feel guilty about taking things from treasure chests people are leaving in the middle of everywhere

I stopped doing that. I mean i am already rich as hell, why do I need the tiny amounts of money from the chests

for the cheevo, duh

Cheevos are silly and pointless to me unless it gets me something tangible, like in tf2, with getting weapons.

I just never really got the point in making yourself miserable playing a game to get a certain achievement.

I mean I know why people do it. I am just really glad I don't feel the need to do so myself

Gives me more replay value, I guess

I'd care about the score but I only have 30k so at this point in the 360s life it doesn't matter

This discussion has been closed.