As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 10-12-11: You're saying you can go MORE naked

2»

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Superboy #2 was okay, but it felt like it wasted half it's pages going over stuff that coulda/woulda/shoulda been in issues #1. Still a good time.

Superboy saying stuff that Lex would say? More please.

Batman and Robin #2 was the stand out of my 2 book week. Damien <3

Caveman Paws on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Yeah, Batman and Robin 2 was my book of the week.

Honestly I feel like a lot of my Week 2 DC books are on notice. I dropped Mr. Terrific, and I'm probably going to drop Grifter just because it will read better collected (even though it has an incredible, perfectly chosen creative team). Green Lantern is still Green Lantern so I hardly even count it. Demon Knights provided some chuckles, and Frankenstein was pretty good, but a lot of my other books all started to run together. Even mostly awesome ones like Batwoman and Resurrection Man still felt pretty lulled this week.

• LolkenLolken Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm going to call continuity on Sinestro - he became the White Lantern because he had been "touched" by all the colors in the emotional spectrum. That includes purple - Compassion.

Really, his personality might be described as Joker meets Magneto or something. He did awful things (AWFUL), but he had good intentions.

• WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    "Great things. Terrible, yes, but great."

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I always liked that line

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Shade was pretty cool. I loved the line about wishing Turner could paint the Opal City skyline.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Okay, so it's not specifically from a comic, but it is about comics. This is what I see every time I go to CBR: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16238662/Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 8.28.43 PM.png (nsfw possibly)

It's just amusing: COMICS COMICS COMICS girl ads for dresses, perfume, etc. Like I'm suddenly gendered two-face.

huntresssig.jpg
    HAHAHA

• ryvenryven Registered User regular
    what is shade about

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Batman's latest villain: The Gender Bender.

Oh, MOTW was Vandal Savage in Demon Knights. I knew he would be worth the price of admission.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    Matev wrote:
    Batman's latest villain: The Gender Bender.

Oh, MOTW was Vandal Savage in Demon Knights. I knew he would be worth the price of admission.
    The guy looks at a pack of fire-breathing dinosaurs and he's like, "Oh boy, I haven't eaten one of these in centuries."

Love that scene.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
    edited October 2011
    ryven wrote:
    what is shade about

An immortal who's best buds with Starman and lives in Opal City (which I've been told is the DCU version of Charleston, SC. Mind. Blown.). A German metahuman PI learns that Shade is in trouble, and then
    Deathstroke shows up, and
    Hacks up and decapitates Shade. I'm guessing he'll get better.

Crimsondude on
    im a sucker for deathstroke

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    More importantly

I did not know that Patty Jenkins was lined up to direct Thor 2

Cool cool

• MattieMattie Registered User regular
    MotW had to be Punisher Max. Frank Castle is trying to draw Fisk out of hiding by royally pissing him off. His lastest attempt?
    Last page of the comic shows him digging up Fisk's dead son's grave.

3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
    What the Hell? Seriously?

• MattieMattie Registered User regular
    Frank has gone mental.

Also earlier in the issue
    The Kingpin and Elektra mutilate 3 guys then fuck each other on a table covered in blood and innards.

3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
    The former: I still cannot see that.

The latter is of no shock whatsoever.

• Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    ... Opal City (which I've been told is the DCU version of Charleston, SC. Mind. Blown.) ...

:shock:

• hamdingershamdingers Registered User regular
    Lolken wrote:
    I'm going to call continuity on Sinestro - he became the White Lantern because he had been "touched" by all the colors in the emotional spectrum. That includes purple - Compassion.

Really, his personality might be described as Joker meets Magneto or something. He did awful things (AWFUL), but he had good intentions.

I've thought for a while that Sinestro is DC's Magneto now, just as Black Adam is/was DC's Dr. Doom (minus the Doombots)

• kfroosterkfrooster Registered User regular
    Is anyone following: "A Princess of Mars"? I saw an ad for it in this week's MA: Spider-Man and it seems like a pretty good team. Roger Langridge from Thor: TMA and Filipe Andrade. Just wondering if it was a good read or not.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Legion of Monsters #1; Elsa Bloodstone pursues a man-killer deep into Monster Montropolis, where she comes into confrontation with the local Monster Cops, Morbius, Manphibian, Living Mummy, and Werewolf by Night. Who, by the way, now have Ghostbusters technology.
    Xx30J.jpg

zRfjR.jpg

BoyeJ.jpg

Punisher #4; Sustaining a gouged eye, broken leg, acid-scarred arm, and all the cuts and contusions that come from free-falling a few stories, the Punisher decides to take some time and recuperate.

Haha, no. He keeps killing people.
    N8RCj.jpg

The Avenging Spider-Man #1 (Preview); Spider-Man's secret identity, and the responsibilities that come with it, continue to bite him in the ass, and Red Hulk acts out a Lifetime Original Movie.
    2fPR0.jpg

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Someone should post something from Amazing's Spider island, my scanner being a jerk, and it's got so many delicious crunchy fanservice pages.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Hello WaterfaceHello Waterface Sweet Little Rock 'n' Roller In the timbers of FennarioRegistered User regular
    damn that dazzler scan better mean more dazzler all the time

Yes, yes, and YES.

Welcome to Miami Beach, ladies and gentlemen. Everything is cheaper than it looks.

Please take my advice.
    I feel there's context I'm missing from Punisher and Spidey. Also, I should look for Legion of Monsters when I get back. That looks amusing.

• DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    I think I might actually pick up the avenging spiderman after reading that preview. Looks pretty great.

PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
    what date does it come out

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I love Joe's stuff, unfortunately that Ultimates3 thing he did was colored so muddy and dark - plus, everything else 'cept the art was terrible.

H9f4bVe.png
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I feel there's context I'm missing from Punisher and Spidey. Also, I should look for Legion of Monsters when I get back. That looks amusing.

Punisher:
    In #1, a wedding between an Afghanistan War veteran and a doctor was shot up, with dozens dying. The war vet lost her husband, after only being married for half an hour or so.

Punisher's responded by violently murdering a bunch of people. This earned the ire of the local crime figures, who sicced the new Vulture on him, which ended with Frank beat to shit. Those two pages are the writings of journalist Norah Winters, who had earlier struggled with whether or not she should write a story about the Punisher. After a crisis of conscience, she decides to instead write about the heroic war veteran, even though she knows her Punisher story would bring her more fame.

Really, I just like that final image of a beat-up Punisher, holding a duffel bag filled with supplies, staggering out the door.

And the little, "Hope this covers it," written on what looks like a pharmacy counter, next to a stack of cash.

The Avenging Spider-Man:
    The Avengers fight a big threat outside New York, and have to stay to help with the clean up. Spider-Man, being unable to fly, or otherwise get back to New York in a reasonable time frame, has to beg the rest of the Avengers for a ride home.

It's the kind of mundanity I like to see in superhero comics, from time to time.

Also, I just noticed that Joe Mad is drawing Iron Man in his old armor, rather than the new suit. I wonder how long ago he started on this book.

Munch on
  • Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    If anyone picks up the avenging spider-man and won't use/doesnt care about the digital code, I'd take it off your hands :)

ultimates-1.png
  • MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    Munch wrote:

Punisher:
    In #1, a wedding between an Afghanistan War veteran and a doctor was shot up, with dozens dying. The war vet lost her husband, after only being married for half an hour or so.

Punisher's responded by violently murdering a bunch of people. This earned the ire of the local crime figures, who sicced the new Vulture on him, which ended with Frank beat to shit. Those two pages are the writings of journalist Norah Winters, who had earlier struggled with whether or not she should write a story about the Punisher. After a crisis of conscience, she decides to instead write about the heroic war veteran, even though she knows her Punisher story would bring her more fame.

Really, I just like that final image of a beat-up Punisher, holding a duffel bag filled with supplies, staggering out the door.

And the little, "Hope this covers it," written on what looks like a pharmacy counter, next to a stack of cash.

The Avenging Spider-Man:
    The Avengers fight a big threat outside New York, and have to stay to help with the clean up. Spider-Man, being unable to fly, or otherwise get back to New York in a reasonable time frame, has to beg the rest of the Avengers for a ride home.

It's the kind of mundanity I like to see in superhero comics, from time to time.

Also, I just noticed that Joe Mad is drawing Iron Man in his old armor, rather than the new suit. I wonder how long ago he started on this book.

Well, most of the characters on that page weren't even Avengers before Iron Man had his current armor. So I'd just say he either just wants to draw Iron Man that way or an editor failed to give him the proper reference.

Yeah, I'm much more pleased with my decision not to follow Rucka's Punisher now.

The Avenging Spider-Man thing is a really interesting idea I'm surprised hasn't been seen before (much?).

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Uh

Marvel Team-Up was nothing but Spider-Man teaming up with different dudes for like over 10 years

CYpGAPn.png