As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Your 10 favorite games of all time. After Hulk: Ultimate Destruction.

1102103104105106108»

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I have never beaten a mainline (as in, numbered) Final Fantasy. They all have a point where my enjoyment hits a wall.

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    That is so much more effort than I am willing to spend on a game I've beaten when there is so much good stuff coming out this season anyways.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Alan Wake has the best controls of any 3rd person game I've ever played. Better than Gear, better than Space Marine, better than anything. It's so good that looking around with a flashlight is actually fun.

Materia is the best FF magic system. Fucking hated the sphere grid and junctioning was a neat idea but poorly executed. Much like 8, aka the worst final fantasy game.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Magicite was better.

:|

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Fuck the haters, I loved the sphere grid

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    at this point I don't really have the patience for a JRPG. or the time. especially with all the games coming down the pipeline soon

I did pick up alan wake and I'm enjoying that, but that's possibly because I dig stephen king a bunch and this is basically a stephen king videogame

read Locke & Key

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    The International Versions of every Final Fantasy are far and away better. XII got the biggest change to the international version, though.

And you know what? It was fucking awesome. It was much better than the version that America got.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    oh, oh, guys guys guys
    London, UK. – Oct. 17, 2011 – Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Devil May Cry™ HD Collection for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Devil May Cry™ HD Collection brings the first three original Devil May Cry® titles; Devil May Cry™, Devil May Cry™2, and Devil May Cry™ 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition together in one high definition package for the first time. The collection will be available in Europe on February 10th 2012.

2dtr87s.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    guys I just picked up new vegas

how the fuck do you play caravan

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Orcs Must Die! is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-14-resistance-3-sales-well-down-on-r2
    PlayStation 3 FPS sequel Resistance 3 sold 180,000 units during its first month on sale in the US, NPD analyst Anita Frazier has told Eurogamer.

That's a significant drop-off compared to Resistance 2's 385,000 first month total back in November 2008. Resistance 2 went on to sell around three million copies worldwide.

That's a shame. I didn't get to play the multiplayer because I rented this, but the singleplayer was a lot of fun.

mrsatansig.png
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    R2 must have scared so many people away. I know I wasn't even going to bother renting 3 until I saw Yahtzee's review.

• KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    I was turned off by R2 as well, but I have to say I'm really glad I gave Resistance 3 a chance.

mrsatansig.png
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    I only played Resistance 2 and I absolutely loved the coop multiplayer.

The campaign was pretty awful though with bullshit enemies using the bullshit auger.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    oh, oh, guys guys guys
    London, UK. – Oct. 17, 2011 – Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Devil May Cry™ HD Collection for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Devil May Cry™ HD Collection brings the first three original Devil May Cry® titles; Devil May Cry™, Devil May Cry™2, and Devil May Cry™ 3: Dante’s Awakening Special Edition together in one high definition package for the first time. The collection will be available in Europe on February 10th 2012.

ohhhhhhhhhh man

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3jSMikCVA4&feature=player_embedded

Unless there is something really wrong with this game that no one has noticed--lots of people have played it, both the sort of public at cons and "game journalists"-- Saints Row the Third is going to be one of my top 10. If I can find my headset and someone to play with, it will be in my top 10 for sure

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    holy shit a fucking helicarrier

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Huh, that trailer has been taken down. It looks official. Must have been leaked ahead of schedule or something.

Saints Row the Third is going to be greatest sandbox game maybe ever, because it realizes 95% of people play complete sandbox games as mass-murdering megalomaniacs and makes it part of the game, and then it has you fight SHIELD er um STAG.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I refuse to believe that Saint's Row 3 will be a better sandbox title than Just Cause 2. It's just not possible.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DMC pack is intriguing. Something I would pick up on the cheap. I didn't like 2 that much and I actually only recently played DMC3 (which is excellent.)

DMC4 did nothing for me though.

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    wait wait wait I thought saints row was like differenter GTA

why are there futuristic military vehicles in the preview for that video

0BnD8l3.gif
  • SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:

Based on what people say about Saints Row, I'm pretty sure the answer to this is "why not?"

sig.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I loved DMC2

Keith wrote:
    I loved DMC2

I will say that it's been AGES since I played it and I might not have given it enough of a shot.

It was the first one I played, so I didn't mind that it was completely different

I don't really dig the other ones

Isn't DMC2 the one they've more or less decided didn't really happen? Or did they release like a version of it in Japan that didn't suck?

I never really played DMC.

sig.gif
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Huh, that trailer has been taken down. It looks official. Must have been leaked ahead of schedule or something.

Saints Row the Third is going to be greatest sandbox game maybe ever, because it realizes 95% of people play complete sandbox games as mass-murdering megalomaniacs and makes it part of the game, and then it has you fight SHIELD er um STAG.

Wait, SHIELD, like, Captain America and Iron Man and others?

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote:

Very differenter

Bizarro

Grey Ghost wrote:
    oh, oh, guys guys guys

ohhhhhhhhhh man

I knew I liked you, GG

2dtr87s.png
    and robin batman

sig.gif
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    batman

BATMAN

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    always batman

forever batman

the best thing to do in arkham asylum is to use your batclaw to grab three dudes at once and pull them all over a railing

God damn it forums my post was well placed, don't put my punchline before the damn set-up.

sig.gif
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    It was the first one I played, so I didn't mind that it was completely different

I don't really dig the other ones
    man that's like

eating a poop pizza

and being like "yeah it was okay, I guess I didn't mind it because I've never had pepperoni"

wait a second they make pizzas without poop on them

sig.gif
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    no it was just an example

Oh okay.

Man they really should figure out a way to make a pizza without poop. Everytime I eat a pizza I'm like man this is good but what's with the poop, it could be so much better.

sig.gif
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Keith wrote:
    I loved DMC2

tremendously unsurprising

This discussion has been closed.