As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can I has breakfast?

TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonightHas stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in PAX Archive
So there's been discussion about bacon waffles at The Original Pancake House, and my interest is high. Would it be worth it to anyone who's coming to PAX to organize a breakfast the morning of Friday the 24th before getting in line? I am not yet sure of their hours (too late to call and I just thought of it), and it is in Ballard (notoriously hard to get in and out of by foot, bus, train, car or plane) so this is just a call for possible participants.

If response is good, I'll look into it. Really I'll be looking into it no matter what because I want to go, but I wouldn't mind checking out if they do large groups.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
Tonkka on

• Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    3rd party sources tell me they open at 6:30 am. Not that it really matters because the skeleton schedule up on the PAX site says they are opening the show really late this year: 2 pm.

I suppose I would be up for it, depending on what time you want to go and how brutal Thursday's events are. After all, I'm going to have to assist in a 5 hour long 200+ person dinner... and it'd be nice to go to something I'm not working on... lol

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Proper lolcat grammar is, "I can has brekfist?"

You lose, sir. Good day!

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    TheProphetElijahTheProphetElijah Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Well I live right down the street so as long as it is not too early count me in

TheProphetElijah on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    HotSake wrote: »

You lose. Good day, sir!

Fix'd. You forgot proper Wonka grammar while correcting lolcat grammar.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I heard the times are different this year and the exhibitor hall and the hours are earlier.

I see they added a schedule on the website. I thought BigRed had said friday would open much earlier.

atray on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am the bacon waffle KINGGGG! I would love to eat breakfast with you folks. This could solve my 8 mile travel problem since I won't have a car.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Uh i never quoted any times of things

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    Sl1pstreamSl1pstream [E] BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Isn't breakfast included in the hotel price? You're already paying a lot of money for your hotel. While this might be a great idea for lunch, I'll take the hotel breakfast which can't be bad, considering the normal price per room.

Sl1pstream on
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I dunno, I once stayed at a $250 a night hotel in Hollywood, their idea of free breakfast was a muffin and a cup of orange juice...

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I dunno, I once stayed at a $250 a night hotel in Hollywood, their idea of free breakfast was a muffin and a cup of orange juice...

Yeah, as far as I've seen, most hotels free breakfasts are cereal, bagels, muffins and milk/OJ. Not to say those are bad in the least, however, if I am going to be taking a weekend trip to have a fun ass time, I plan on making this a treat for myself in every way.

Officer on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

You lose, sir. Good day!

My real grammar got the best of me again... but look at the time of my post and reconsider your harsh verdict I beg of you!

*Ahem* ANYWAY.

Maybe a Monday morning "farewell" breakfast would be better? I wasn't aware of what the PAX start time would be, or for that matter when people would want to get in line. But at least the conversation has begun...

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    staplersareshinystaplersareshiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Recruit wrote: »

Yeah, as far as I've seen, most hotels free breakfasts are cereal, bagels, muffins and milk/OJ. Not to say those are bad in the least, however, if I am going to be taking a weekend trip to have a fun ass time, I plan on making this a treat for myself in every way.

I'm with you, if I'm flying across the country I'm living it up! If someone puts together a breakfast I'll certainly do it. Bring on the bacon waffles!

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Sl1pstream wrote: »
    Isn't breakfast included in the hotel price? You're already paying a lot of money for your hotel. While this might be a great idea for lunch, I'll take the hotel breakfast which can't be bad, considering the normal price per room.

You're also forgetting how many locals are involved. We don't have hotels to eat at.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007

You lose. Good day, sir!

Fix'd. You forgot proper Wonka grammar while correcting lolcat grammar.
    Oh yeah, that is Wonka. I was just being high society.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Indeed we should start the weekend of sugar and caffeine by remembering the most important meal of the day. And what better way then waffles smothered under tons of syrup.

I am game.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Alright, as far as my count goes, I have about 7-10 people who are interested. I'll call and see what can be arranged.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    So you've got an accurate headcount, I'll be bringing a friend.

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    To clarify, I'm down.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm game, although I'll have to try and arrange transport from my hotel to get there (I see the Seattle location is a good 8 miles away), as I don't plan on renting a car.

And while the bacon waffles are good, I'm a sucker for OPH's danish cherry crepes or coconut waffles.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I will bring myself and three others, by force if necessary.

anable on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I'm game, although I'll have to try and arrange transport from my hotel to get there (I see the Seattle location is a good 8 miles away), as I don't plan on renting a car.

And while the bacon waffles are good, I'm a sucker for OPH's danish cherry crepes or coconut waffles.

I will need a ride too, but I don't think it will be a problem. I think PAX will have many things in common with 1965 San Fransisco. People hanging out in the street, people giving people rides to groovy places, people practicing their "art" (pictochat wangs for example) and people doing massive amounts of LSD and having sex in public.

Ok...maybe not the last two examples.

EDIT
    LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    people doing massive amounts of LCD
    That some hip new technodrug?

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    people doing massive amounts of LCD
    That some hip new technodrug?

Holy shit. Funniest typo I have ever made.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited June 2007

EDIT
    LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug...LCD is a display technology, LSD is a drug

I'm pretty sure that LSD could enhance the relationship you have with your LCD. Or completely ruin it forever, either one.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh I'm in with Recruit as well if theres a headcount going on. Mmmmm breakfast.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Okay as I am a n00b to PAX, what time do people want/need to be in line by? I was thinking 8 a.m. for the eating and then getting down to the line around 10 a.m. or so? Other posts that I've seen about waiting in line gave me that idea so please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I will not let this thread fall into obscurity! I will has breakfist!

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I will not let this thread fall into obscurity! I will has breakfist!

I know, I KNOW!!!

Okay, but really, are we in for doing a 8 a.m. time? I'd like to have a good idea of our arrival and all information when I call the place and see what they can do to accomodate us... anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I know, I KNOW!!!

Okay, but really, are we in for doing a 8 a.m. time? I'd like to have a good idea of our arrival and all information when I call the place and see what they can do to accomodate us... anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

8AM is good, but earlier might be better. I know I want to get in line super early. What time do they open?

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Pretty sure they open early, like 6:30 or sumthin'. But with all the shenannigans going on thursday night and the distance from the hotels that most everyone is staying at I thought 8 would be the earliest everyone would get together.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pretty sure they open early, like 6:30 or sumthin'. But with all the shenannigans going on thursday night and the distance from the hotels that most everyone is staying at I thought 8 would be the earliest everyone would get together.

i'd be open to 8am

(btw, i'm gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenannigans)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    8AM is fine I guess.

Mike and Jerry are going to be way too busy to join us for bacony waffles right? I think someone should ask them just in case. Does anyone here have a direct line of communication with them? They never respond to my emails (I've sent only 2). :(

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

"Hey Farva, what's that restaraunt you like with all the shit on the walls?"

Alright, I'll make the executive decision and go with 8 a.m., since trying to please everyone all the time would probably ruin me...

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    dyaballikl wrote: »

"Hey Farva, what's that restaraunt you like with all the shit on the walls?"

Alright, I'll make the executive decision and go with 8 a.m., since trying to please everyone all the time would probably ruin me...
    Like Abe Lincoln said, "You can please some of the people some of the time, and the rest can go fuck themselves."

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hey Blinkin? 8AM sounds good to me too, I need some sleep after the movie, dinner, and karaoke.
    Oh, yeah...
    Shenannigans!

staplersareshiny on
    466B29B67FEF7.png
This discussion has been closed.