As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] PAX East 2012 Forum badges

kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge CreatorLondon UKRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in PAX Archive
This is an updated OP to show the final design of the badge and the questions you need to answer should you pick up the badge from the BYOC desk during PAX East 2012:

Below are the design I have come up with for PAX East 2012:

Front - FINAL
PAXEast_2012_Front_FINAL.jpg

Back - FINAL
PAXEast_2012_Back_FINAL.jpg

These images are not at full size! They will be slightly larger when they are printed!

Questions for BYOC desk:
1) Name ONE unofficial PAX Prime community event:

* Pre-PAX Dinner
* Cookie Brigade
* Pre-PAX Magical Mystery Tour
* Trading Cards
* Pre-PAX/Post PAX Board Game meetup
* Poke-Crawl

2) Who made the Forum Badges?

Kropotkin [Pr: KRO-POT-KIN]

3) Do Gabe and Tycho read the PAX forums?

No

4) What is the Name/Handle of the PAX Forum Moderator?

Moe Fwacky

5) What is the theme for the back of the PAX East 2012 forum badge?

World War II

6) What is the name of the military operation at the back of the PAX East 2012 forum badge?

Black Lotus

7) Buttons or trading cards at PAX East?

Trading Cards

8) There is a group of PAX attendees that gives out crunchy and sweet foodstuffs and takes voluntary donations for the Childsplay charity during PAX. What is this group called?

The Cookie Brigade

9) According to the forums, it is a general rule that PAX is most definately not, under any cirumstances a BLANK service. What is the 'blank'?

Dating

10) What creature is there a picture of on the right hand side of the PAX community shield?

A fish/salmon

The badges will be available from the BYOC desk between 2pm on Friday 6th April until 4pm Sunday 8th April

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

kropotkin on

• territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    The usernames might look nice separated by Interpuncts, and if you justify them, instead of left-align.

I like the addition of a QR code on the front. It's a neat idea.

Thumbs up.

I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
  • zezspecszezspecs ScotlandRegistered User regular
    I agree with Territoires. The names are a bit hard to read with that font in the first place, so separating with the interpuncts would probably help that. I love the WW2 theme though!

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Agree with both of the above

PS The one I got last year is proudly displayed at my office.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    looks great to me, love the theme on the back. is it too early to say I want to be listed on it? because I want to be listed on it.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Lugh LamfhadaLugh Lamfhada Registered User regular
    Hot diggity. Forum badges thread is up. Both sides look good. Though yes, interpuncts would make it easier to read the names on the back.

Too much paprika.
    Shit! Too much paprika!
    WHY IS THERE SO MUCH VOMIT IN THIS HAT?!
  • xenardxenard Registered User regular
    looks awesome i want one

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the feedback all, it's much appreciated. I'll amend the name layout as best I can, although Justifying text in Photoshop is no mean feat. As for the Interpuncts, I seriously doubt I can even attempt to install those thanks to the image being edited in Photoshop and not Word.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    as always kropotkin, your badge looks fantastic! I can't wait to wear it! :D

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Exquisite! I am super excited! I love the typewriter font. Agree about the spacers; doesn't have to be interpuncts; a dash might work, too.

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    You know it's getting close to that time again when the forum badge pops up :) It looks great, can't wait to obtain mine.

• HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    I like the theme, but I'll echo everyone that Justifying them would be worth it!

(I googled and apparently the option is there.)

• ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Front is great, I pretty much agree with everybody about the back-side. 7th forum badge go!

NSw0gum.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I pretty much agree with what's been said thus far. The main thing is, you're awesome kropotkin.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    love the "flash" -- "thunder" -> "d" -- "twenty" thing!

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Yay PAXE is getting closer!

JfqWFk8.png
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I also agree with all the statements so far. But why only make yourself a Major General? Does it have anything to do with the song?

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • GausGaus Registered User regular
    It looks good as usual. The names on the back are a little tough to read, but not too bad.

Professional assassination. It's the highest form of public service. - Chiun
  • <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    Ah, I missed one at the last East even when you were sitting right behind me in line! I'll not make the same mistake again.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    I'll try to get one this year.

• flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Yar, that's good. Definitely need to justify and/or space the names better.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Looks awesome, still have last years on my desk as well =D

• Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    These are great! How do we get one?

Who is going to PAX South?
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    These are great! How do we get one?

There's a couple ways. You can either get yours at most of the community organized Pre-PAX events, or at the BYOC registration table during PAX. Just be aware...if you're picking your badge up at the BYOC table you better know the answers to the questions that will be posted here as PAX gets closer

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    One question and one possible typo:

1. Any particular reason for the "Operation Sparrow" code name?
    2. Isn't the end date April 8th, not the 9th?

Aside from that it looks great.

• WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    Wait... is that one of those QR code thingies? Love the front design, but is the ink thickness on the backside a bit too, thick? I don't know, but it seems to be harder to make out the names in my opinion.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Durinthal wrote:
    One question and one possible typo:

1. Any particular reason for the "Operation Sparrow" code name?
    2. Isn't the end date April 8th, not the 9th?

Aside from that it looks great.

The name was entirely random. It is simply in keeping with the World War Ii theme. I will.probably come up with something more appropriate closer to the time. As for the dates, I think you are correct, so I shall amend those. Remember that this is a proof of concept, none of what I have done here is set in stone. In response to the comment about the thickness of the. Ink, this is how type writers from the 1940's wrote out text. They are supposed to look this bad, this is a time when computers were the stuff of code breakers in a giant barn, not in your bedroom!

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I love the design! I hope I can get one this year seeing as how I missed out last year!

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Your usual great job, kropotkin! Sign me up!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Looks outstanding! I'm definitely in.

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • benswimmingbenswimming PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks again for doing this, I proudly wore mine last year to all the Omegathon events I was in, and hope to wear one again all next year!

PAX EAST 2011 Omeganaut
    Twitter: sweeneyben
    XBL: Disco Ball
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    The design looks fab, I'm looking forward to getting one again, it was fun wearing mine while doing stuff for the Cookie Brigade.

• NeuralLinkNeuralLink Registered User regular
    Looks good

• HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    I'm in for this. I must have one!

LQckybu.png
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Sweet, I will naturally grab one again.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    Very cool. Last year was my first PAX and I wasn't really involved in the forums except to sign up for the Pokemon bar crawl. This year I plan to be more involved and would love to get one of those sexy badges.

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
    I've taken some of your comments on board and have made a new version of the back. The text for the names is slightly bigger and has been justified. Photoshop Elements 8 has a hidden ability to do it and I managed to get it to work quite quickly.

I've also changed the name of the operation to give it a more PAX relevant flavour, see if you can work it out! Let me know what you think:
    PAXEast_2012_Back_v2.jpg

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I like it kropotkin, although I just noticed that you have it ending at 1600 on the 8th. The expo hall doesn't close until 1800 on the 8th and the omegathon final round is usually right around that time. 1800 or 1900 would likely be a better ending time.

• King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    Seconding/thirding/84th-ing or whatever that this is awesome.

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • EmpharaEmphara Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I think the new version of the back looks awesome!! It's a lot easier to read and it seems less over-crowded. Can't wait to see the final versions and get my hands on one! Looks great so far!!! :)

Emphara on
    signature.png
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    I'll try to get it- I finally cracked in an made a PA forum account. Anything I should do to prepare for qualifications?

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!