As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pre/Post PAX Maryland Meetup

• BigSassyBigSassy Registered User regular
    I'm with you on Saturdays. I could also do Fridays after 5:00 (just wanted to say that out loud). The 5th and 12th both work for me, so I vote for the 12th.

Anyone else vote for Saturday, November 12th?

As for games, I can bring Pandemic and it's expansion pack "On the Brink". It's a cooperative game and a metric crap-ton of fun :)

• HuskyDorkHuskyDork Registered User regular
    November 12th is good for me.

LQckybu.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Nov 12th is good for me also.

• NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    nov 12 is the mega staff meeting for magfest, so I can't make it, but I'll catch with you guys at another one.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    November 12th works for me. Sadly in terms of tabletop games all I really have are my old MTG decks which I will bring. However, I will play any tabletop games, would love to actually finish a game of Munchkin for once. Provided people are willing to teach would love to get exposure to more, that is the secondary reason I was putting this together, the first obviously being to meet up and play with fellow PAXers.

I just looked up munchkin and that game looks kind of awesome.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    The 5th would work better for me. But I could probably swing the 12th if need be.
    I have many games I can bring, depending on how many of us there will be. Once we get a final(ish?) count I can post some options.

I also have an enormous Munchkin deck (I believe we are up to 7 expansions in my house).

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Honestly, I would love it if we could make this a monthly thing too. I always like making friends with similar interests, and if we have a group of 5-10 people meeting that would be great.

• adastraadastra Registered User regular
    I won't be able to make November 12th (or 5th, for that matter) thanks to business travel. But I'm still very interested in being involved in something regular for the Maryland PAXers!

I've got an ever-growing assortment of tabletop games, so we can probably pool our resources for pretty epic fun. :D

• Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    zepherin wrote:
    I just looked up munchkin and that game looks kind of awesome.

It is lots of fun, specially if we can get some other sets mixed in, I really want the Space set =D

So far we have:

*Check my first post for updates*

@Iruka @Tipperzack @Onmitsu @Emporium @Kyuss you guys had showed interest before we figured out a date, etc are you guys/gals still interested?

@NickTheNewbie @adastra sorry you can't make it on Nov 12th, but don't worry, I think there is enough interest we will be doing this again soon!

Exodus1 on
    I'm game, althoughmy mtg deck is mia I do believe it is in colorado.

• EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Hey there, sorry I haven't checked the thread for a bit but the 12th works well for me. I am more than a little bit flexible with time so whatever works for the most people will also work for me.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I'll make my husband take someone else to the hockey game that night. Count me in unless something horrible happens at work!
    I typically get off work between 5-5:30 on Saturdays and it would not take me long to get from there to Dream Wizards. Don't wait to start the festivities on my account, though.
    Just a warning, I WILL smell like my job. I do not, however, work in food service so it won't be a nasty old-fryer-grease-type of smell.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
    Taboo: I used to work for a seafood wholesaler. I doubt you could smell any worst than I used too. I felt pity for the people who were in line when I was depositing my check after work. Still, I never got faster service than when I was pulling a full on fish funk. I could do anytime Saturday. I can be as early as people want to show up.

I was thinking of getting there at Noon, I figure that'd give ample time for games, the shop is open till 6pm, then we can head to D&B for food/arcade.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    New to PAX here but definitely looking to go in April.

I'm in Columbia, MD and I'd definitely be up for this.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Hey! My roommate and I live in rockville and would definitely be up to some table top games, either board games, card games, or rpg's. Let me know when we have a date together!

Who is going to PAX South?
    Hey! My roommate and I live in rockville and would definitely be up to some table top games, either board games, card games, or rpg's. Let me know when we have a date together!
    We have one =D Nov. 12th is our date for the first meet-up at Dream Wizards. I will update my first post with the info.

• EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    Exodus1 wrote:
    We have one =D Nov. 12th is our date for the first meet-up at Dream Wizards. I will update my first post with the info.

I would also like to come, I posted that I will come but the list wasn't updated with my name

Emporium wrote:
    Exodus1 wrote:

I would also like to come, I posted that I will come but the list wasn't updated with my name

Updated, sorry emporium!

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    You can put me down as a "maybe". My dad goes on business trips up there a lot, so i'll see if I cant catch a ride with him

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
    Looks like we have a pretty good group and growing. If anyone would like to post the games they could bring that would also be helpful so we know what we have to choose from. Not saying we need to have who is playing what, but knowing who is bringing what can help. We can decide on what to play and maybe have multiple games going at once especially at the rate it is growing. I can't wait for the 12th.

• OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Exodus1 wrote:
    So far we have:

*Check my first post for updates*

@Iruka @Tipperzack @Onmitsu @Emporium @Kyuss you guys had showed interest before we figured out a date, etc are you guys/gals still interested?
    I'm still interested. It's about a 2 hour drive for me (I'm practically in delaware), but if I'm not too busy around the time or pressed for gas money then I should be able to make the schlep. As far as games, I can bring Talisman, which is a lot of fun (It's a fantasy board game where you try to take over the kingdom), and Cosmic Wimpout, which is a classic press-your-luck dice game.

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
    Game-wise, I've got a MTG deck somewhere that I'll probably dig out and I've also got Dominion and a couple other games which I'll post if I can find them.

1tLJUH2O.png
    Glad to see so many people are interested in the PAX MD Meetup =D. The more the merrier, so hopefully Trandescent and Onmitsu can make it, I added you to the list as "maybe". I also added my Google-Voice # (it will ring my cell) to the details, in case anyone gets lost day of, I will also be on twitter "@exodus64", if you prefer contacting me that way.

Like nevermore13 pointed out, we could still use some more games, so please clean out your closets and post what you find. I am very excited as well =D.

Onmitsu wrote:
    I'm still interested. It's about a 2 hour drive for me (I'm practically in delaware), but if I'm not too busy around the time or pressed for gas money then I should be able to make the schlep. As far as games, I can bring Talisman, which is a lot of fun (It's a fantasy board game where you try to take over the kingdom), and Cosmic Wimpout, which is a classic press-your-luck dice game.
    I've played talisman that is a fun game.

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Unfortunately duties and responsibilities will be coming up on (I believe you said) November 5th. I wont be making it. Sorry :\

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
    Unfortunately duties and responsibilities will be coming up on (I believe you said) November 5th. I wont be making it. Sorry :\
    That's great cause we are meeting the 12th.

Well after rumaging around a bit to find stuff, I will be bringing:
    A MTG deck or two
    Dominion (w/ Dominion: Intrigue)
    Puerto Rico

1tLJUH2O.png
    zepherin wrote:
    That's great cause we are meeting the 12th.

Like zepherin says, we decided on Nov. 12th, so maybe that weekend does work for you =D.

@gespo89 thanks for rumaging! I added your games to the list =)

I think I saw my hero clix set while I was digging for something else.

• OccamsRZROccamsRZR BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So is this the group for Bethesda PAXers? Anyone here closer to Baltimore? I have a bunch of games and friends that would like to do meet ups if anyone in the Baltimore area is interested.

OccamsRZR on
  • OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    OccamsRZR wrote:
    So is this the group for Bethesda PAXers? Anyone here closer to Baltimore? I have a bunch of games and friends that would like to do meet ups if anyone in the Baltimore area is interested.

I'm a LOT closer to baltimore and would be very down with such a thing. Same with philly.

Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
    edited October 2011
    OccamsRZR wrote:

No, this is the MD PAX meetup, we are trying to incorporate everyone in the MD area. We just happened to choose Rockville as our first meet-up location, but there was a few of us also interested in a second meet-up for video games which was closer to the Baltimore area I believe. Once we have this first meet-up, I'll start planning the second around the LAN suggestion.

If you don't mind a little travel, we'd like to have you and your friends join us on Nov. 12th. Also, if you have a location suggestion for another meet-up, please share, and we can get something planned that is closer to you.
    zepherin wrote:

I've seen people playing this, and it looks like fun, but I haven't got a set =( , if you have enough stuff for 2 people, I'll definitely play it.

Exodus1 on
    zepherin wrote:

If it's anything like Heroscape (which it looks to be very similar to), I would also love to play. I thought about bringing my Heroscape stuff myself if it wasn't so cumbersome to travel with and set up.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • OccamsRZROccamsRZR BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    Exodus1 wrote:
    If you don't mind a little travel, we'd like to have you and your friends join us on Nov. 12th. Also, if you have a location suggestion for another meet-up, please share, and we can get something planned that is closer to you.
    I'll be camping that weekend. If there was going to be a tabletop game night in Baltimore, I would suggest asking the Collectors Corner if we could meet there. I'm sure they wouldn't mind since they do that sort of thing all the time anyway.

Reiterating what @Exodus1 had to say and adding a little bit. This is for ALL of MD which is why I titled the thread as such. Personally, I am in the Baltimore area, but since we felt the majority of people were in the Rockville area and we had a place in Rockville where we knew we could play games that location was chosen. If anyone is in the Baltimore area (is not too far from me), and promises not to be a scary hitchhiker who will either kill me and/or steal my car I may be willing to help out by picking said person up.

In general since we are all former or future PAXers I'm sure carpool type things can be arranged. Also, never heard of hero clix, but I'm cautiously interested and @gespo89 thank you for owning Dominion I love that game

On a somewhat related note, do any of you all play D&D?

1tLJUH2O.png
    gespo89 wrote:
    I don't, but I've seen some of the penny-arcade games, and have been wanting to learn (mostly for PAX), if you guys wanted to have a game, I'd be down to learn if people are willing to teach.

Exodus1 wrote:
    gespo89 wrote:
    I don't, but I've seen some of the penny-arcade games, and have been wanting to learn (mostly for PAX), if you guys wanted to have a game, I'd be down to learn if people are willing to teach.
    My thoughts to a T. Ever since I checked out the PA games, I've been looking to give it a shot and would totally be up for it one of these days if some others are.

1tLJUH2O.png