As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Tick

Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
edited June 2007 in Graphic Violence
The lovable, blue, nigh-invulnerable goof just celebrated his 20th anniversary. Part of me is amazed that the Tick has stuck around this long, especially with his somewhat sporadic publishing, and surviving in minis. Still, I remember grabbing the Omnibus #1 off of the library shelf in the late 90's, and I will never forget the Tick's plan to "hit that broad flat surface (sidewalk), and be in a lot of pain."

My question is, what do you guys think? Think that maybe Ben will write a new series for the Tick, get him back in a monthly? Or, just fondly remember an escaped mental patient with a ViewMaster.

Me Too! on

• Options
    hughtronhughtron __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    I think Edlund mostly writes for TV now, although there have been a couple of attempts at series restarts by other people.

hughtron on
    minisy3.gif
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He was such an amazing comedic artist by the time the last issue came out.

It's essentially a crime against God and Man that he doesn't do comics anymore.

Maybe he'll be like Schrab and get his head out of his ass at some point.

august on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    the tick and sam and max were my introductions to comics, and the fact that nothing has been really put out with them in years always irritates me. i still have the first comic book i ever bought. the collected sam and max- surfin' the highway. it's one of my favorite things, and more than a decade later it remains the only copy of the book i've ever even seen.

the tick though. good stuff.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    TehChowdTehChowd Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    the tick and sam and max were my introductions to comics, and the fact that nothing has been really put out with them in years always irritates me. i still have the first comic book i ever bought. the collected sam and max- surfin' the highway. it's one of my favorite things, and more than a decade later it remains the only copy of the book i've ever even seen.

Haha, man, I have that Sam and Max book. I bought it years ago too. God, I love that book today still. It has that hilarious paper doll thing in the back, and how to make a replica gun out of bars of soap, right?

Also, the Tick is two thumbs up. I love book 2/whatever the second trade is called, when Tick and Arthur go on the road trip, and the man-eating cow is introduced.

TehChowd on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2007
    TehChowd wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »

Haha, man, I have that Sam and Max book. I bought it years ago too. God, I love that book today still. It has that hilarious paper doll thing in the back, and how to make a replica gun out of bars of soap, right?

haha totally

and most of the old backup strips that ran in that lucasarts magazine they used to bundle in with their games

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg