As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA comic: Wednesday Oct. 19, 2011 - Twofer

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited October 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-fkLCMJC-M.jpg

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Ramius on

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I approve of this outcome.

• Options
    Kyoka SuigetsuKyoka Suigetsu Odin gave his left eye for knowledge. I would give far more Registered User regular
    Seems about right

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I don't think so. In addition to not wanting any guest characters to start with. Mitsurugi alone would stomp him into the dirt. He reactively blocks guns. As in the shot is fired and then he cuts it out of the air as a reaction(as opposed to just predicting).

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    a gun is not a stealthy assassin

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Counterpoint: Ezio.

Just Ezio.

Man. Mitsurugi ain't got jack.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    A stealthy assassin does not move as fast as a gun. Mitsurugi deals with stealthy assassin's all the time(Li Long has tried to ambush him, as well as Taki being his rival forever, or Zashalamel trying to drop a giant clock gear on him), as well as dealing with ever changing battle conditions as a mercenary. Mitsurugi is simply not somebody who would be ambushed. Ezio ain't got jack on SC characters.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Why is Ezio wearing Altair's outfit?

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Okay yeah this is one of those cameos that just works out pretty damn well. Why wouldn't they put him in?

• Options
    GrimJack2kGrimJack2k Registered User new member
    Is it just me, or does that look like Ice-T squaring off against Coco?

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Geddoe wrote:
    A stealthy assassin does not move as fast as a gun. Mitsurugi deals with stealthy assassin's all the time(Li Long has tried to ambush him, as well as Taki being his rival forever, or Zashalamel trying to drop a giant clock gear on him), as well as dealing with ever changing battle conditions as a mercenary. Mitsurugi is simply not somebody who would be ambushed. Ezio ain't got jack on SC characters.
    um

like, no offense or whatever

but no one gives a shit about the story of soul calibur.

no one.

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I give a shit about the story of soul calibur

that playable epilogue thing you had as mitsurugi where you had to kill a dude with a rifle was awesome

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote:
    I don't think so. In addition to not wanting any guest characters to start with. Mitsurugi alone would stomp him into the dirt. He reactively blocks guns. As in the shot is fired and then he cuts it out of the air as a reaction(as opposed to just predicting).

are you serious

are we in the third grade

• Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Langly wrote:
    Geddoe wrote:

are you serious

are we in the third grade

Well the comic is pretty much depicting third grade fanart material.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Wimble wrote:
    I give a shit about the story of soul calibur

that playable epilogue thing you had as mitsurugi where you had to kill a dude with a rifle was awesome
    you are the 0%

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Realistic or not, the comic is pretty funny!

Although nothing was more unfair than Superman vs say . . . any Mortal Combat kharacter period.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Nuhuu cause what if they have some kryptonite??

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Katastrophe of kourse! I wonder if kryptonite exists in the netherrealm . . .

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Geddoe wrote:

Are we...

Are we really doing this?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Geddoe wrote:

Are we...

Are we really going this?

I hope so. I'm looking to settle a debate myself.

06a3c7ef-5882-4dc0-a986-1a44d2fc7204.jpg

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular

Rehab wrote:
    Katastrophe of kourse! I wonder if kryptonite exists in the netherrealm . . .

Nega-kryptonite

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Hewn wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:
    Geddoe wrote:

Are we...

*brain scramble*
    Shit, back to wolverine, back to wolverine, I can do it if I focus!!!!

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Vagabond wrote:
    Why is Ezio wearing Altair's outfit?

He paid 20 uPoints to equip it.

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote:

What if Ezio had bullet proof assassin cuffs for the blocking of the bullets.?

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    southwick wrote:
    Geddoe wrote:

That's not even remotely realistic. What is this, Watchmen?

forumsig.png
  • Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    southwick wrote:
    Geddoe wrote:

And a weakness of getting tied up by men.

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Hewn wrote:
    Gaslight wrote:
    Geddoe wrote:

Are we...

06a3c7ef-5882-4dc0-a986-1a44d2fc7204.jpg

This was made by someone on the forums!

"The Prestige" title is better, though.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Am I the only one that's mad that they didn't continue their trend of severely moving clothing from Ivy in every title advancement?

Also yeah I'll probably end up getting this one too. SC4 was a lot of fun. Yoda's a little bitch though.

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    If they removed more clothes form her body, she'd be a skinned corpse.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    HewnHewn Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote:
    If they removed more clothes form her body, she'd be a skinned corpse.

bbill-1.jpg

Steam: hewn
    Warframe: TheBaconDwarf
  • Options
    V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm a sucker for guest characters no matter the game. And now they go and put effin' Ezio into SC? *Sigh* Where's my wallet...

Also, this is how each round should play out in the game, down to a T.

EDIT: And now featuring trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNMnZyQLOBA

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    I think I played a Soul Calibur game once. There were some people fighting.