As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2011 PAX Forums SEKRIT SANTA!!! *Time for Christmas Stalking!*

SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
edited November 2011 in PAX Archive
ChristmasLights.gif

Merry Christmas Fuckers!

What’s This?
Sekrit Santa is for spreading JOY AND HAPPINESS to your fellow PAX forumers in the form of a gift exchange. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift.

Why are you starting sign ups so early?!? it's not even Halloween yet!
Starting sign ups early means giving everyone their assigned santee early, which means everybody gets their gifts by christmas... because nobody is going to be late.. right guys/

Who can Sign up?
Anybody who has a forum account that was created on or before Aug 1st 2011 and has a minimum of 15 substantive posts. However, if you feel you should get special consideration outside of these rules, feel free to PM me. But the decision will be mine in the end.

How to Sign up
Step 1: Post your letter to Santa IN THIS THREAD.
This letter is to let santa know what kind of things you like so they don't have to send you dog poo in a sock.

Step2: Send me a PM with the Following Information
Full Real Name:
Mailing Address:
Email Address:
Twitter Handle:
Willing to ship International:
(Note: You still may end up matched with an International Santee, if this is an absolute no for you. Don’t sign up. Also, for the purpose of this SS, Canada will NOT count as international)

Posting or sending me a PM that you are "in" or signed up, means you are not signed up. fyi.

DEADLINE FOR SIGNING UP IS NOVEMBER 17th!

That’s it! You’re signed up!! HOWEVER, if you fail at either of these two steps, I will not add you to the spreadsheet and I won’t go chasing people down.

The Rules!!!! Dun dun dun
  • If you do not send a present. Your forum account will be banned.
    - There is no exception for this. If you can’t afford to send somebody a present. Don’t sign up.
  • Pairings will be Random. I’ll try to make sure people don’t get the same santas/santees as last year, but no promises.
  • Recommended Gift Value is $15-$20. Feel free to spend as much as you want, however, don’t be that jerk that sends somebody a $1 sheet of spider stickers........That's not cool
  • No NSFW Gifts.
SANTA RESPONSIBILITIES
  • Screw your family, screw your friends, screw your significant other (not the good kind of screwing), and buy your gift for your Santee FIRST, because you’re going to have to mail the fucking thing.
  • Get your present to your Santee BY THE 25th! I’ll allow a little leeway to Jan1st as it’s still “The Season” but anything after that and your risking not being invited back to the secret santa and/or me sending Moe after you.
  • If your gift is going to be arriving after Jan 1st. PM me. Your excuse better be AMAZING.
  • Don’t tell me your gift got lost. Pay for tracking.
SANTEE RESPONSIBILTIES
  • When your present arrives, you MUST post on the forums letting everyone know what you got and how amazing it is and thank your Santa. Failure to comply will result in not being invited back next year.
  • Pictures are strongly encouraged.
  • If you don’t do this, you could be treated as a tardy Santa. The whole point of a secret santa is that we all get to enjoy the presents everyone receives.

If you don’t like any of these rules. I DON’T CARE. Don’t PM me to complain.

For extra holiday fun, follow @sekritsanta on the twitters!

Deadbeat Santas:
Ok, so this is totally unnecessary because none of you are going to be a deadbeat Santa. However, If you would like to volunteer to be somebody who is willing to send a gift to somebody who got shafted, please PM me. If you sign up, you are 100% allowed to change your mind later and you don’t have to participate in the Sekrit Santa to do it.

TO REITERATE: DEADBEAT SANTAS WILL BE BANNED AND MOE WILL TAKE A GREAT AMOUNT OF PLEASURE IN DOING IT. DON'T FUCKING BE THAT GUY.

ChristmasLights.gif

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
SmallLady on

• Options
    edited November 2011
    Places to buy things Nerds like'

Think Geek- general geeky stuff. Shipping can be high so be sure and shop around. Google for discount coupons.
    Play Asia - junk from Japan. Nearly everyone likes the little toys they have. Google for discount coupons.
    buy.com - one of the best places to get used games, books and DVDs.
    square-enix-shop.com - for that Final Fantasy or RPG fan.
    www.bigbadtoystore.com - the absolute best place to get action figures.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/KnittedSteel - chainmail accessories by Liger
    etsy.com - Land of hand made cool shit.
    sciplus.com - American Science and Surplus

Shipping Tips:

When buying things for Canadians and using "Express" shipping via FedEx or DHL please keep in mind that they will have to pay duties and taxes. If you are shipping to Canadians please use USPS.

Buy things from websites from your santee's country, like amazon.ca

360 points are not cross-country compatible.

Most consoles are region restricted. The Nintendo DS is a notable exception to this, though.

Stalking Help:

If your Santee has a unique forum handle, be sure and Google it. You never know where else s/he might post.
    Keep an eye on the systems he owns if you're thinking of buying a game.
    If your Santee has a PS3, don't forget it can play Blu-Ray movies.
    If your Santee has a XBox Gamer ID, it's not hard to figure out what games he has / likes.
    Be creative! We have lives other than video games! Is your Santee taking up an instrument? Does he want to start painting? Does he like tabletop games? Does he seem to like cars? This is your chance to get an interesting gift they hadn't thought of, yet!
    Does your Santee have a favorite game, ever? Consider something related to that! Toys, old complete copies, art books, etc. are always fun.
    Do you have something in your city / state / country that your Santee doesn't have access to?
    Interesting candies, foods, posters / prints, and other various knick-knacks make for good box-stuffers.
    If your Santee has a unique name, you never know what you'll find out by Googling him or her! They might have a twitter or Facebook account!

*list is a work in progress
    xmas-lights.gif

Santa's List

Genia
    Danneh
    Mysticode
    Arsonisfun
    Jenny_Spaghetti
    faerielaurelyn
    CaptainTapole
    Moe Fwacky
    Zerzhul
    RainbowTunnel
    Regiment
    Lokiale
    SpawnofCthulhu [Snifit]
    tvethiopia
    Nullzone
    Wormdundee
    tehnakki
    nianiania
    Menolly07
    cabsy
    Lady Lilybell
    Maetrix
    Cloudwalker
    Frugus
    King of Mars
    Skimblecat
    Eye-Shuh
    AltDelete
    Chaosisorder
    Feitocomfruta
    Kroptokin
    Dangeresquetoo
    RDR
    SmallLady
    Arco
    Parabola

Pureval
    Trion
    JobiwanKenobi
    MelesMeles
    QuickSnap
    LTAcosta
    Cultural Geek Girl
    blAAAm!!!
    Cynthetic
    That_Spoony_Bard
    clickpictony
    peetsnak
    LollerskateDJ
    Chupamiubre
    TOGSolid
    The DIMD
    punzie
    Eleri
    Catboy
    strttrkn
    yoshamano
    Draklan
    zerohourhero
    Creamsteak
    Decius
    ky13
    Exodus1
    BrowncoatBeth
    qs23
    Twinkie
    Caelesto
    Juju

Also: Santa's Twitter List:
    http://twitter.com/#!/list/SekritSanta/santa-s-list-2011

SmallLady on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited October 2011
    SmallLady wrote:
    TO REITERATE: DEADBEAT SANTAS WILL BE BANNED AND MOE WILL TAKE A GREAT AMOUNT OF PLEASURE IN DOING IT. DON'T FUCKING BE THAT GUY.

That's right. If you fail to send a gift to your santee, not only will it make kittens cry,
    kitten.mom.crying_small.jpg
    you will also get banned from these here forums, forever.

Don't be that guy. Send your gifts early and make sure to get tracking to be sure your gift actually gets where it is going. Since my birthday is in mid-January, my gift to myself will be to ban deadbeat santas. This DOES NOT mean you should wait until mid-January to send your gifts. I'm actually a nice guy, so even though the deadline is January 1st, I do understand that there can be extenuating circumstances (customs, UPS being slow, etc) that may slow down delivery of your package.

However, if you fail to send your present to your santee within a reasonable amount of time, my Christmas cheer will turn into old-man birthday bitterness and the bannings will commence.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    kalimccokalimcco Registered User new member
    SmallLady wrote:
    Places to buy things Nerds like:

Think Geek

*list is a work in progress

Actually, that list seems pretty complete to me.

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    If you get SmallLady, you are obligated to send her a $1 sheet of spider stickers. You will still get your account banned, but the consequences under Toast Law for not doing it are much more severe.

peetsnack on
    7B14287.png
  • Options
    DannehDanneh Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dear Santa,

I like big butts and I cannot lie. You other brothers can't deny, that when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face, you get sprung.

Love, Dan
    Well, if I can't get a baby with back for christmas, then I guess I'll have to revert to list B. I'm pretty easy to gift for; I like gag-gifts as much as I like general nerd swag. I drink craft beer and play indie games and/or classic games, if that helps at all. Really, any gift is a good gift, imo. Unless there's Comic Sans on it. But even then, hey, free firewood!

Danneh on
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    I guess the internets themselves are banning me from participating because my PM absolutely refuses to go through. :(

• Options
    I guess the internets themselves are banning me from participating because my PM absolutely refuses to go through. :(
    if it really won't work, send me a pm to my HOME irc account, not phone or lappy. and I'll add you to the list that way.
    Don't forget your letter! these are vital!

• Options
    mysticodemysticode Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I would like to sign up for this, I do not have the post count yet, but my forum account is old. I believe Danneh and Teenychicka can vouch for my gift giving ways :-3

mysticode on
  • Options
    DangeresquetooDangeresquetoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dear Santa,

I am a corporate fan boy. I like anything made from Apature Labs. I especially love their t-shirts. I am not a picky boy since jesus is better than you and blessed me with a good job and the ability to buy things. I promise if you send me one of these items I will gladly pass on the good will to others.

Your humble servant

Dangeresquetoo

P.S. I can never have enough D&D dice as well!

Dangeresquetoo on
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dear Santabro

How you livin? Want to play Madden and drink Natty Ice some time? Come hang out in IRC some time, we will flip some tables.

Moe hates me, so .... some actual information.

I am a boozebag.
    I have a giant backlog of vidya games that I'll never be able to finish, so that avenue is likely out.
    I'm most likely to hang on to something quirky. Shirts like this amuse me - http://www.threadless.com/product/157/Afternoon_Delight . Size large.

I keep an amazon wish list going for this time of year to help the ol' fam with their gift ideas, feel free to use this as additional fuel - http://amzn.com/w/21DF1T20MVXDZ

I'm a redditor - http://www.reddit.com/user/arsonisfun , so maybe my posts there will illuminate more of who I am, but maybe not ...

arsonisfun on
    I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    Sup Santa,

I already own everything I want so you are screwed.
    No, but really, if you get me some sort of pop science book I will probably be happy. Or a CD from a not well-known band that you think is awesome. Also, cool things from the links in the 2nd post will probably do. And bonus info for you - I am the only Wormdundee on the internet. If you google that shiz you will probably be able to find all kind of fun things about me.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    A note to people making terrible santa letters (Arson), if you don't provide actual information indicating your likes, dislikes, and possible links to wishlists, you will make it very difficult for Santa to find you a gift that you will actually like. As it is, I haven't seen a single letter to Santa so far (edit: except for Worm's) that actually conveys real information (unless Danneh really wants Big Booties XIII for Christmas). I'll leave it up to SmallLady to decide if these letters count or not, but without a real letter to Santa, you may be excluded for not following the rules.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Edit: darned it! My procrastination after East 2011 led me to miss the opportunity this year. Oh well!

Trandescent on
    8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    faerielaurelynfaerielaurelyn Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa

I would really really really like to pass all my courses this semester, and be able to go to PAX East 2012. Seeing as you likely can't provide that, I'll settle for anything chocolate (except white), fun t-shirts (I am a small), body jewelry (tongue/belly button/ears), or fun stationary/writing utensils. I am also open to all things nerdy, and sexy gag gifts are welcome.

Love,

Laurelyn

P.S. Please do not send me penis pictures. I have enough of those already.

No, YOU make ME a sandwich!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Remember, without a letter to Santa, you are not officially signed up even if you post in the thread.

• Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dear Santa:

There have been a lot of things that happened since the last time we spoke. Some of them are funny and some of them ain't no joke.

So! On that note, there are a few requests I would like for you to consider.

I have a secret obsession with office supplies. That's right. Office supplies.

Also, Buckyballs/Buckycubes. Unhealthy, I know, but it is beautiful therapy when I am trying not to think of ways to destroy my boss.

I heard that Think Geek has both of those available.

Since I am back at school, I do not know what is up and up in the video-gaming world, so maybe some XBox points are cool or PSN coins or whatever they are is rad as well.

Oh! And since my jalopy of the Quintanic still has no speakers, I know nothing of the music that is out there. So, if you want to make a mixed CD or a small junk drive filled with your taste of MP3 files would be cool. Always open to new variety of music.

DISNEY! Yeah. That sums that subject up.

I also have a fascination with keys. Like the old-fashion kind of ones. And bracelets are totally rad.

If you have any questions about me, just follow my Twitter @ CaptainTapole and see the random stuff going on there.

Forever the Slytherin House - Death Eaters Division's House Elf,

Lyea Q.

PS Do you know who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

PPS If you happen to be the kind that purchases shirts, I can dig that. 2XL in women's and XL in men's.

You = Awesome in the possum. Yeehaw.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    Dear Santa,

Sup. How have you been? I'm pretty good myself. This year, I moved to Seattle and got married. Life is pretty rad. I like games, video, board and card. I currently own both an Xbox 360 (old version, no Kinect) and a Wii. I also like to wear things. Since I work in the video game industry here in Seattle, I'm free to wear whatever I want to work, so cool shirts and hoodies rock. I wear a medium shirt, but prefer large when it comes to hoodies (who wants a tight fitting hoodie, after all?). I have an Amazon wish list, which also includes some things that aren't on Amazon. I recently added some things to it and removed some older stuff I don't really want anymore, but I haven't prioritized anything on it. You can also stalk-er follow me on twitter at @MoeFwacky. I'm the only Moe Fwacky anywhere, so a google search should net you some results there. Also, I'm part of a podcast called IRC Webcast. I have a tendency to rant about things in our Random Chatter episodes. That might also give you more indications on my interests, or at the very least should be an interesting listen.

Well that's all for now. I know it's only October, but Christmas will be here before you know it.

Cheers,

Moe

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Oh man. I am so in that whoever pulls me out is the next rightful king of England.

Santa,

I know I haven't been the best person this past year, but I don't think that needs to be considered when you're deciding whether or not to get me something. What should be considered is that I have pictures. You know which ones.

So, for starters, my Thinkgeek wishlist. I've recently been trying to get back into reading a lot, and I just purchased an HP Touchpad, so ePub books are great, too! I like anything Sci-Fi or high fantasy, although anything sufficiently nerdy (steampunk a la Boneshaker, etc.) is best. I currently already own copies of Game of Thrones and Storm of Swords, but any of the other books in that series would be awesome. Also, I've heard really good things about The Name of the Wind, as well. Some of my favorite authors are William Gibson, David Eddings, Orson Scott Card, Cherie Priest, and a bunch of others that I'm probably forgetting at the moment. Although, I love discovering new things, so if you have a book/author in mind that you think I would enjoy, feel free to reccommend!

I love nerd t-shirts, but the key to a good one is subtlety. For example, anything that's just text on a shirt is probably not going to do it for me. For a good example of nerd t-shirts, look for ones like the ones here. I always love in-universe nods to fictional universes. I'm usually a size M.

Being a bachelor, my kitchen is also woefully understocked. I'd like to get more into cooking because I can only eat so much snack food, so any (decently simple) recipe books or various kitchen supplies would be great.

That's it for now, but I'll add more as I think of them, so check back for updates.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    Dearest Santa,

This: http://amzn.com/w/2TDVUD7L2227N Also, handmade stuff.

Love, Jenn.

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Moe Fwacky wrote:
    A note to people making terrible santa letters (Arson), if you don't provide actual information indicating your likes, dislikes, and possible links to wishlists, you will make it very difficult for Santa to find you a gift that you will actually like. As it is, I haven't seen a single letter to Santa so far (edit: except for Worm's) that actually conveys real information (unless Danneh really wants Big Booties XIII for Christmas). I'll leave it up to SmallLady to decide if these letters count or not, but without a real letter to Santa, you may be excluded for not following the rules.

Hey. Moe. You smell.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Dear Santa,

I haven't written you since last year, and I'm still awful at asking for gifts. I like all sorts of games... videogames, card games, board games, etc. I tend to purchase videogames on a regular basis though so they usually don't make good gifts for me. Last year you got me Munchkin and it has been a good addition to my gaming repertoire since I don't have many card games that aren't CCGs. My board game collection includes things like Battlestar Galactica and Pandemic; I love games where you are co-operative against the "board". I love all sorts of nerdy universes like BSG, Doctor Who, Star Wars, Firefly, and the like. I do have a pretty extensive book collection, so while I do love books I get them all the time and they may make redundant gifts. I tend to have a hard time with wishlists because by the time I decide I really want something I tend to just buy it on the spot. Hopefully just having this info about my interests will be enough help :)

Warm Salutations,

-- Zer

• Options
    RainbowTunnelRainbowTunnel Registered User regular
    Dear Princess Celestia Santa,

I want a puppy! A husky puppy.

Wish I jumped on this bandwagon last year. When I saw everyone getting their cool gifts, I really wanted to be that person that could say "Hey look, I gave them that, and they love it, and everyone else is so jelly!". Ever since that faithful thread-reading, I've been looking forwards to this day.

Like zerzhul, I am not very good at making a wish list. I either buy things on the spot or take a ridiculously long time debating whether I'm actually going to get it.

Cartoons are the shit, and Flapjack is my favorite, though I sadly own nothing Flapjack-related. I'm always on the lookout for John Green books, though I already own "Looking for Alaska". I really need more boardgames and cardgames. Period. I'm lacking in this area. I don't own Catan or Munchkin or We Didn't Play Test This or even my own Monopoly! This is kind of random but I'm in need of the comic Akira volume 5. I'm a huge fan of anything related to Portal (1 and 2), Minecraft, TF2, Pokemon (Gen 1 and 2), Super Mario Bros Deluxe and internet-related. If it's shiny and bright and colourful and childish, it's probably good to go.

And if you haven't picked up on it yet, you should know one *very* important thing:

Ponies.
    (Specifically Pinkie Pie)

You know what that means.

Your faithful student,
    Love,

Rainbowtunnel

• Options
    RegimentRegiment Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

How have you been? It's been a little while since I sent you an actual letter like this, but thanks for all the presents anyway.

I'm still as big a nerd as ever. I'm cultivating a wall of model ships from Star Trek, and I'd love to add to it, especially if I could get something from the DS9/VOY era. Those were the coolest ships.

I know I'm terribly picky about video games, but I love getting real-world toys and models of game stuff. I'm a big fan of the Soulcalibur series, and can't wait for Prototype 2.

I don't have nearly enough statues or plushies of legendary Pokemon. The chibi Darkrai is cute, but he needs company.

I can't find any Order of the Stick books anywhere. Do you know where I could find Start of Darkness or On the Origin of PCs?

-Regiment

I never lose, I just win sideways.
  • Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    This is my 14th post. I will try to have my 15th before the deadline. They aren't all substantial though. I'll work on that.

• Options
    LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

How are you? I hope you're doing swell. I'm a bit awkward with small talk so I'll try to think of something to express jovial greetings. Did you know that baby platypuses will try to suck on your hair if you give them a chance? I assure you it's quite adorable.

I'm joining up because I love PA and Christmas and more than anything I'm excited about giving someone something awesome. However I will now take measures to lighten the burden on you who are my Santa.

Santa, my Santa I like things that are nerdy. My type of nerd is one that took to adventure games (especially the point and click kind) of all eras, various eras of nintendo handheld games, Doctor Who, British Fantasy YA fiction (which is just a fancy way of saying DWJ, author of Howl's Moving Castle), Miyazaki, Cthulhu, DND (I play a half-elf Psion named Steve) and various other things like a young platypus takes to hair. I also like things that are painfully adorable and squishable; therefore please do not send me any adorable animals as they will be squished with all of my love (and then all of my sadness). I also nerd out over anything that lights up in pretty colors.

I got distracted by the thought of colors. I forgot what we're doing. I'm going to hit the panic button and hope for the best.

Spastically Yours,
    Loki

P.S. I have been informed that the panic button is actually a post button. I feel slightly disappoint.
    P.S.S. Here's a baby platypus: http://tinyurl.com/3uqaj9o Please note that the happy man is not a baby platypus.

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dear Santa,

WHAT UP MY BRO.

I've been keepin' it real and keepin' mah swaggah up al- I can't do this, I just can't.

Okay, sorry, Hi.
    I've been doing good. Been busy with school and stuff, but other than that life has been decent.

Okay, brass tacks:
    I am an otaku who enjoys anime things (Cowboy Bebop, Vocaloid, Steins; Gate, Code Geass, etc...etc...) and RPGs (Persona, Final Fantasy, etc...).
    I also really like LOST and Torchwood. (Dr. Who is awesome, but I definitely like Torchwood more. Sue me.)
    Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff are awesome, and I wouldn't mind merchandise from them.

I also love just random thinkgeek crap and doodads.

PONIES

Oh, and I'm a size XL t-shirt.

See you later this year :D

~Snifit/SpawnOfCthulhu

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    This sounds fun!

Dear Santa:

I don't write often, but this seemed like an appropriate time. I'm much like zerzhul up there in a lot of ways; terrible at asking for gifts, and love all kinds of games. Also movies/music/tv, but mostly games. I'm a fan of games that include some amount of randomness (I prefer Ascension to Dominion, DungeonQuest to Descent, etc). Games that are co-operative are fine but not necessary, as I enjoy my share of competitive games as well. I do play some CCGs too, MTG/WOWTCG mostly. Below are some lists to give you an idea of stuff I either have, or have wanted to keep an eye on and just haven't found the right time to buy yet; maybe it will steer you in the right direction (but please, don't feel obligated to use it directly; I'm always happy to take suggestions!). Videogames are good too, I prefer games that have high fun factor in their "adventure" mode(s) irregardless of multiplayer support (already have plenty of options for that). While I do enjoy some good geeky TV (Firefly and the like), and a good novel, I don't get/take as much time as I could on these things, so I would say they are less important. Also, I love dice.

I tend to use this name just about everywhere, so you can probably stalk me and get some other ideas that way too.

Hope your Christmas preparations are going well!

~Nullzone

Nullzone on
  • Options
    tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I think it's almost been a whole year since we talked. I know things went weird last year, what with your wife walking in on us and the elf, but I hope you're back to being on good terms and I'd appreciate if you'd tell her she's always welcome to join me on your yule log. Giggity.

As you know I'm graduating this coming May so non-bulky objects are appreciated for gifts since I shall have to pack up my entire existence and shlep it to my next hell hole school come June. I am a huge fan of Doctor Who, Portal, Stargate SG-1 (not SGU), and space themed things. I especially like nerdy jewelry as long as it's hypoallergenic (doesn't have nickel in it). If you want some ideas for the things I like I'd suggest looking at my Amazon or thinkgeek wishlists. I tend to toss any old thing that I find amusing up on those two sites so it should give you an idea of what I'm into this year.

T-shirt sizes are basically M for mens and XL for Women/babydoll style though I'm not a huge fan of most babydoll shirt styles.

You know you're always free to stalk me on twitter but I'm usually over at gplus now.

Give my love to Dancer! Hopefully he can make it to this years party! See you in a couple months!

xoxoxoxoxox Nakki

Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Options
    nianianianianiania Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dheer Samta,

Mi nhame is nia and i'm thwenty ate this yeor. I like ponies and sparkly things. I make good grades in skool and my mommy is berry berry proud of mee. Fun i rollor skate, play dungens and dagrons, talk to my friens in IRC, collect my widdle ponies, play xboxs, build computors, watching all the star treks, and i like um the protomens is a good band to listening too. I go to the PAX it is fun and lots of people are nice to me and borderlands is pretty great yeah. Shata I love you're raindeer spechaly the one with the read nosie, he is just like me cause my noes is always runny when its cold outside. I like him a lot cause we are friends rednose and me. I sit and imagine that red nose and i watch amine and he plays halos and reads me bedtime story about a cool elf guy with sqords like Drizzt in forgottn realmz. Also if I were at harry potter school i would be ravenclaw cause they are so kool and mostly canadian.

Santa pleez bring me things! I am your biggest fan how you give presents to childrens cause presents will make them feel goods. i know presents make me feel goods. I love you santa.

-nia
    Amazon Wishlist

p.s. transformers is cool too but i wish they are not so mena looking they make me cry.

nianiania on
    2014 Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament
    Hufflepuff: Death Eaters / Head of House
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    Hi there Christian symbol of Commercialism,

I like kitties. A lot. I love handmade stuff, you don't even have to buy me anything with $$. I would love handmade stuff that you made just as much. Purple, green and blue are my favourite colours. I wear a size large t-shirt (men's and women's) unless it's American Apparel, then it's made for an elf. I have pierced ears. I love handmade jewelry.If you're not American Santa Claus I love foreign sweets. Seriously.I'm terrified of spiders so please don't send me a $1.00 sheet of spider stickers. I will cry. I collect Asian Ball Joint Dolls. I crochet, spin, embroider, quilt. I'm a Trekker.

Make sure to put your name/addie on/in your prezzie, Santa! I wanna be able to send a thank you note!

<3
    Menolly
    Twitter: Menolly07
    G+: Menolly09
    Facebook: Menolly07

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dear Santa,
    What's up, bro? Last year you brought me hella lots of perry the platypus and that was pretty sweet. This year I am in the market for WHALE SHARKS. Also I moved into a new place in upstate New York, which means I am totally in the market for socks, especially really awesome angora or cashmere socks, because it is damn cold up here. I have hulking football player calves though so knee highs, unless they are from a place like sockdreams that states a measurement of over 16" stretch, are kind of an iffy proposition. I am also in the market for armwarmers or hats and such, and homemade is just fine! I love the color orange, like that really obnoxious kraft dinner/hunter orange, but really any jewel tone is a-ok. Also I am totally down with used games and books so if you have a used copy of any of the vidya games on my amazon list I will totally take those! Or just a copy of any book or game you think I might particularly like that you have lying around! I have an XBox 360 and a PS2 and a midrange computer that I don't trust too far. If you are a crafty type I am not too much into knickknacks and all but I would totally take artwork or sculpts or whatever of: WHALE SHARKS, courage the cowardly dog, the dog from triplets of belleville, arrow from The Point, or crazy pinkie pie.

I have an amazon wishlist hurr: http://amzn.com/w/1FWID67B3BK5I I recommend you sort it by priority since I use it as sort of my own to-buy-someday list

Well thanks for everything, Santa! I will make sure to leave you some totally ballin' cookies and a glass of Kraken in exchange for goodies, as per our usual arrangement.

This post made more sense before someone bought me the WHALE SHARK as a very early Christmas present! However one can never have too many whale sharks so please do not be discouraged if you were planning on delivering a 40 foot, 40,000lb shark.

cabsy on
  • Options
    geniagenia Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dearest Santa,

I wish I could give you a basket of kittens! Yes, I think you deserve a present too. Know that I am sending you happy kitten vibes in my mind.

If you'd be so kind to deliver me a present, I'd be so super happy. I just started Computer Science graduate school in southern California, so I'm kind of a big nerd. I love games of all sorts, mainly PC and board games, though I spend most of my time on schoolwork and code these days. My favorite programming languages are C and Python, and my favorite web framework is Django. I love Star Wars, Doctor Who and Lord of the Rings.

I also love the outdoors - rock-climbing and hiking, especially. I read National Geographic on occasion, I love National Parks (are there any cool national parks with gift shops near the North Pole?) and/or decorations relating to mountains. If you need an idea, here is my current Amazon wish list, with various Amazon and non-Amazon things: http://amzn.to/p3HUFE.

Many hugs to you Santa!!!

Cheers,
    Eugenia

genia on
  • Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Dear Jolly Old St. Nick,

I haven't written you a letter in years. I see your local helper, Chicky Lou, when he visits during Christmas in the Square. I enjoy geek crafting. I love to listen to music at work but the stereo only plays CDs. I would love a mix cd suitable for work.

Here's my list:
    -I love Calvin & Hobbes. I lost the two books I owned when I left my parents house. I swear they gave them away.
    -Reese Cups and Sour Candy are my downfalls
    -I'm a tee shirt kind of gal. Size XL Geeky/Star Wars This would be my top choice for a tee: Top Tee

Amazon
    ThinkGeek

Sincerely,
    ~Lady Lils~

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    MaetrixMaetrix Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

It's been a fascinating year this year and making it out to PAX was an awesome experience! I don't normally like asking for stuff but I know how hard it is to know what to get me without some general pointers.

I'm a trinket guy. I like doodads and whatchamacallits. I like puzzles and things I can fiddle with while I'm sitting around my desk for hours on end. As the illustrious SmallLady stated, those BuckeyCubes from ThinkGeek are a good example, or pretty much anything from TG is a win. For instance, last year I got 3 Fiendish Japanese Pocket Puzzles (Cage, o'gear & star) that were a huge hit with everyone that came through.

It doesn't have to be expensive either, in fact I have a cheap Staples Button that everyone loves pressing. It never ceases to make me smile. "That was easy!"

Bonus points to ingenuity and/or hand crafted items. My wife's addiction to shirt.woot.com, however, has left me overload on the shirt end of things. I'm sure leaving PAX with over 20 shirts of my own in swag didn't help our collection at all. But if you think I'd really enjoy the shirt, I'm an XXL.

I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan as well as Dr. Who, Red Dwarf, Star Trek, Star Wars... I love anything crafted with these in mind or just the exclusivity of an item. That being said, gifts don't have to be new but if it tells a great story, even better. One thing I love about my job is bringing home trinkets from other parts of the world to put on the mantel. Outside of that, I maintain a potpori list on Amazon of things I find that've tweaked my interest - however, it's merely a wish list and I treat it as such.

What ever you have in mind, Santa, I'm sure it will be a gift from the heart - and those are the best kinds! :)

Regards,
    -Mætrix-

Blog | Twitter | Raptr | BUTTONEER!
    PAX2011 STATUS:"WAS MONDO AWESOME!"
    PAX2012 STATUS:"Is it too soon yet?!"
  • Options
    CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote you one of these letters. I guess you're pretty good at mind reading since I've had some pretty awesome presents in the time since the last letter, but I'll try to give you some ideas anyway.

I'm a computer science grad student, and I like a broad selection of nerdy things. I play video games mainly on the PC, but I also have a 360, Wii and 3DS. I live in Scotland though, so region locking could be an issue there. I play a lot of tabletop games too - favourites include Fortune and Glory, Dominion and Chaos in the Old World. I play in a regular D&D campaign as well - my sorcerer was bitten in half and killed by a dragon last night. I'm not going to lie to you Santa, I'm still pretty emotional about the whole thing. I've also been getting into Magic: The Gathering in a big way recently - a nice deck box or some cool sleeves or just some more cards would all make great presents.

Outside of gaming but still in the realm of nerdery, I like Star Wars, Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9), all things Whedonverse, Dr Who and Farscape.

I do have an Amazon wish list but a lot of the stuff on it is Kindle books, and UK Amazon in their infinite wisdom don't allow Kindle gifting. (On that note, Santa, I'd appreciate it if you didn't get me any physical novels - I'm trying to keep my reading on Kindle these days. I'll happily make an exception to this for RPG sourcebooks or graphic novels, however.)

I have a big weakness for geeky shirts. I wear a men's large. Any of the Portal or TF2 shirts from the Valve store would be awesome.

I hope this helps you pick something out. I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with whatever you get me. Unless it's spider stickers. Spiders can GTFO.

Stay awesome Santa!
    Cloud

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Dear Santa.

This year I got a future wife. I am lucky and content. This being said, It's making me realize some others aren’t so lucky, so they should come first.

A pledge to the Child’s Play foundation is all I really want this year. May I suggest you pick a hospital that is helping someone you know, if not, a place that helped either you or a loved one. If none of the above applies, think about the Montreal Children Hospital (that’s in Canada). They tend to have an Amazon wish list that I’m sure will be available on the CP page when it’s up and ready for this year. In case you never gave before, all you have to do is pick something they need, buy it, and it ships directly to them. Keep the income tax thingy too. Bonus points if you later re-give the money you got from the deduction. That would be boss. Here's a link, but I don't know if it's actually good because it's from last year's page.

New Child's Play web site has been updated and so has the link on this post.

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    Ok! Santa's list is updated!!!

If you are missing from this list and you think you should be on it it means you screwed up and you should go back and read the instructions.

:)

Also, fyi, we have a VERY large number of people saying they can't ship internationally. Please remember that I'll do my best to take your desires into consideration, but you STILL may end up with an international santee and you'll STILL have to send them a present.

• Options
    King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa,

I've been a bad, bad boy this year, just like every year, but I'm taking another stab at it anyway. Since you won't bring me radium, or a flux capacitor, or anything else that your lawyer-elves deem "potentially lawsuit-inducing," I would really love any of the following:

Beef Jerky or cookies
    Phoneless cord or other random electronics items (blank circuit boards, etc.)
    A recorder or pennywhistle or something along those lines
    Video game sheet music books (other than Zelda Best Collection, which I already have)
    Solar panels
    A Zelda shirt or hoodie (I still wear a medium or large, depending on who makes it)
    Rechargeable batteries
    Acoustic guitar strings (steel or bronze, 0.013)
    A hand-drawn card
    Any other random stuff you think I deserve

Also, please tell SmallLady that she forgot to put American Science and Surplus on her list of awesome nerd stores (but don't hold it against her, she's still awesome).

Thanks, Santa! You're the best!

Regards,
    KoM

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • Options
    SkimblecatSkimblecat Victoria BCRegistered User regular
    Dear Santa
    I didn't realize you were hanging out here...that could explain so much. I have tried to come up with some ideas to help you out, but I am concerned you need help. Aren't you supposed to know this stuff? Have you lost your list? Or just your mind?! I have concerns about a mentally unstable Santa having access to people's homes, but I guess that is for another time.
    I like HP Lovecraft and all things Lovecraftian. I have a plush Cthulhu and Nyarlathotep.
    Fan of star wars, star trek, firefly, stargate, dr who, torchwood, red dwarf, lord of the rings, and anything stop motion animation.
    Read graphic novels: things from The Boys/Crossed to Bone/Amulet. Tend not to like any mainstream superhero stuff.
    Video Games: have a 360 with Kinect, PS3, pc – 360 is my preferred platform. I could use some xbox points (Canadian). My favourite games are long term rpgs (like Oblivion, Fallout, mass effect,borderlands, dragon age etc)
    Shirts/hoodies: tend to be mens medium/ladies XL – size for a 40 inch chest and you should be fine.
    I play rpgs (currently Trail of Cthulhu, Pathfinder, and D20 Conan), I love boardgames.
    Hobbies: getting into painting minis for rpgs, and building terrain;addicted to kitchen gadgets;switched to eating Paleo/Primal, could use some cookbooks.
    I have a 12 lb dog.

Here are a few links that could help:
    http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Skimblecat
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=2TQ7M816HU0ER
    https://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/gimme.cgi?wid=81e4a2048

Hope this letter find you well and mentally stable.
    Skimblecat

Enforcer
    PAX Prime Security Team Lead
    PAX Dev Security Manager
  • Options
    eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Dear Santa,

I have tried to be good this year though I am not sure how well I have succeeded. I hope you will not hold that against me. For Christmas this year I hope you will help me to survive next year. I am going to be putting together survival kits for my house and car and work, so when the zombie apocalypse comes I will be ready. I also love to hike and camp, so any related tools of that nature would be greatly appreciated as well. I have a wishlist on Steam under eye-shuh if you would like to go that route, but be warned that I buy the crap out of every game imaginable during the holy Steam Holiday Sale. ;)

I like warm things like gloves, fuzzy socks, and fleece blankets if you happen to find something neat and geek related of that nature. As much as I love Batman, I tend to get a lot of repeat presents along that route, so maybe try to stay away from it unless you have a stroke of genius. Halloween is my favorite of all the holidays ever, so you could always pick me up super awesome Halloween decorations on the cheap for use next year.

Also, I have a pitbull! He is adorable and could always use some new toys or dog items. He is around 60-70 pounds.

I hope that helps! Oh, and of course, you could always buy me something off my ThinkGeek list, anything of which I would be extremely grateful for. Plus a lot of the categories listed above are covered via this list, because ThinkGeek is awesometown: http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/gimme.cgi?wid=81e45269b

Love and jingle bells,
    Isha

eye-shuh on