As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA comic: Friday Oct. 21, 2011 - Priority Override

BogeyBogey I'm back, baby!Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
edited October 2011 in The Penny Arcade Hub
i-sB8GTgT-XL.jpg

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
PSN: Bogestrom
Ramius on

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    ?

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Delicious
    ?

Not played Arkham Asylum/City? Riddler statues are the game's collect 'em all McGuffin hidden around the environment.

Also you should play Arkham Asylum/City.

Like right now.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • OolongOolong Registered User regular
    They're part of why I feel like the Arkham games would be better if they didn't use Batman. I can't play Batman if I'm running around collecting goddamn statues. Plus he fights like a gymnast.

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Oolong wrote:
    They're part of why I feel like the Arkham games would be better if they didn't use Batman. I can't play Batman if I'm running around collecting goddamn statues. Plus he fights like a gymnast.

51mWF81t3EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, the grin on Batman's face is priceless.

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Oh god that third panel. Majestic.

• JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    Batman has never been so happy.

• RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    This comic rocks.

oHw5R0V.jpg
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Oolong wrote:

You can't see it, but I'm giving you such a look right now.

• kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Gabe face.

(Not as a reference to the drawing itself, but I imagine that's a face Gabe really makes - and he's probably the one playing)

• OddfishOddfish On opposite weeks In odd numbered monthsRegistered User regular
    I did this so many times.

"Dude, chill. I hear you but RIDDLER TROPHY. C'mon, greater good. Jeez. Gothamites, am I right?"

I'm the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    This is all I've ever wanted from a comic.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    jackal wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

You can't see it, but I'm giving you such a look right now.

Seriously, is this the same game we're thinkng of here? I don't remember gymnast routines involving punching through riot shields and breaking dude's legs.

Also the comic is pretty great.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Oolong wrote:
    I can't play Batman if I'm running around collecting goddamn statues.

This is a silly post.

Collecting trophies is completely unnecessary for finishing the game. They're just there as an optional logic/platforming challenge which unlocks a few extra bonuses if you want to go to the trouble. You're free to ignore them. I am a person who is normally irritated by collection challenges added to games to pad them out and bait obsessive completionists and I have no problem with the trophies in AA/AC.

Plus he fights like a gymnast.

I have no idea what you're talking about unless for some reason you felt the need to spam evade all the time so he was constantly flipping around.

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Ohh, this is a good one. I nearly laughed out loud at my desk.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Batman would never collect trophies.

wk5M5.jpg

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    How did he even get that t rex in there

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

He carried it in lengthwise.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote:
    Oolong wrote:

51mWF81t3EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, the grin on Batman's face is priceless.

Yeah I have yet to get to the part in AC when Batman fights off a village of angry farmers using only a pommel-horse.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Apparently if you know anything about gymnastics a lot of the stuff the gymkata guy is doing is balls out amazing.

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular

He raised it from a pup. It's Robin's replacement when he gets too old.

• kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    (Spoiler: This post has nothing to do with Batman)

The Gymkata scene in the village freaked me out when I was a kid.

When Resident Evil 4 started out in a dilapidated Spanish village with freaky rural people, it really hit all those same buttons.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    This comic reminded me of that scene from The Wire when Bubbles sees the cop car.

• jzimbertjzimbert Registered User regular
    Look on the bright side, citizen. You're not being raped by wolves.

• FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    Hah, this is totally me when I play the game. They got it perfect.

You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • voodoosporkvoodoospork Registered User regular
    jzimbert wrote:
    Look on the bright side, citizen. You're not being raped by wolves.

Does seem a little early to recycle the dick wolf joke with zero punch.

• Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Apparently if you know anything about gymnastics a lot of the stuff the gymkata guy is doing is balls out amazing.

Of course the great Achilles' heal of the style is that you need conspicuously placed pommel horses close by if you were ever to get in a fight.

In other news, that third panel is awesome, Mike outdid himself.

• Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular

Amazon Prime

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Delicious
    ?

Not played Arkham Asylum/City? Riddler statues are the game's collect 'em all McGuffin hidden around the environment.

Also you should play Arkham Asylum/City.

Like right now.

I love this post.

Also the comic. I've done this more than once.

• ThreepioThreepio New Westminster, BCRegistered User regular
    My lust for the cracking sound that thug-skulls make exceeds my desire for Riddler trophies.

Oh, who am I kidding? Is that a green glow...? Later, citizen. Good luck and all that.

142.jpg
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    Batman is the dumbest superhero anyway. What is his super power, he's rich? So basically he's just as good a superhero as Charles Koch or George Soros - wow gratz! You know who else was rich, Hitler that's who.

An Elseworlds comic where Bruce is poor would be pretty awesome. He'd be kicking all types of ass in a beat up sedan spray painted black.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    jwalk wrote:
    Batman is the dumbest superhero anyway. What is his super power, he's rich? So basically he's just as good a superhero as Charles Koch or George Soros - wow gratz! You know who else was rich, Hitler that's who.

Not sure if serious?

This comic is amazing.

• kakitamikekakitamike OhioRegistered User regular
    I have to put the game on mute whenever i work on the VR missions.

"Yes, I know you can see me up here and how much of a coward I am for not coming down there, but damnit STFU and let me retry this mission in peace. And I don't need a dramatic music crescendo for the 12th time i've grapneled to the red bat symbol"

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    Batman will eventually need to join Mario in the Macguffin Anonymous meetings.

THOSE SHINES

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • rabidmuskratrabidmuskrat Registered User regular
    Seriously, is this the same game we're thinkng of here? I don't remember gymnast routines involving punching through riot shields and breaking dude's legs.

Clearly you're watching the wrong gymnast routines then.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Make it happen, London Olympics.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular

Make it happen, London Olympics.

A year too early, then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOmwUX-nQQk&feature=player_detailpage#t=7s

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Man.

Police here do suck, quick to incite violence and shoot people whenever they get a chance.

But the people protesting? 5% are people who give a shit about the cause. 95% are dudes who wanna fight police.

Oh brilliant
  • DidactDidact Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    Oolong wrote:
    I can't play Batman if I'm running around collecting goddamn statues.

This is a silly post.

Collecting trophies is completely unnecessary for finishing the game. They're just there as an optional logic/platforming challenge which unlocks a few extra bonuses if you want to go to the trouble. You're free to ignore them. I am a person who is normally irritated by collection challenges added to games to pad them out and bait obsessive completionists and I have no problem with the trophies in AA/AC.

I tend to dislike that sorta thing in most games too, but in Arkham City it's actually pretty damn addicting. Frequently, when I see a green question mark, I'll put everything else on hold just to solve a puzzle and get that trophy. Might be partly because I hope that at the end of it all I'll get to kick Riddler's ass. Anyway, I really think it's a huge improvement over the Riddler challenges in the first game.

• erideeride Registered User new member
    Long time lurker, sure to get nailed to the X, but hey: Pay me, I will proof read the links on the blog posts. You know, just make sure they actually point to TODAYS comic and not yesterdays or you know, back to the same page. Just sayin.