As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2011 - Get with the gifting!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Signed up! Will edit this post later with a wish list - but whoever gets me, know right now that whatever you come up with on your own will be better than anything I could list.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    Signed up! I really need to post more on the forums, but my PhD is so nearly finished. I just need to weather the storm of BF3 being released. I also have a bunch of steam games I need to give away at some point.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Time to break out the Santa hat!

For those of you who were in the GnT SS 2008 (and haven't changed your avatar since), you can check if I still have a hatted avatar in my photobucket album.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm going to shove some motherfucking cheer down somebody's throat.

Signed on the dotted line, let's do this people!

... Can't wait for the Christmas hat avatars to start popping up too.

Edit: Oh god they are here. The cult of merriment.

Dunxco on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Signed. It's so nice to get something in the mail that isn't a bill, a credit card app or an envelope of coupons that I'll never use.

I've got some old christmas avatars too, if you don't see yours in Arc's bucket.
    http://s324.photobucket.com/albums/k323/see317/Santafied/

@Dunxco:
    One of us, one of us,
    DunxcoXmas.jpg

see317 on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Oh hell yes - time to bust out Santa Dogs Bower avatar again!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DunxcoDunxco Should get a suit Never skips breakfastRegistered User regular
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Thank you See317, as you can see, I'm Santa-hatted!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote:
    Oh yes! I'll be sending my sign up PMlater today, but take it as read:
    I AM SOOOO IN!!!!!
    Cue the flood of signups desperate for a legendary LPM painting.

You're doing it wrong. The goal is to get LPM and send her a painting. :)

Also, SO IN. I'm waiting to get home to PM though, since any kind of typing isn't so fun on my phone...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Bah, apparently I've been beaten by some. I need to find a different hat for some people though because this one is curved down and I need one curved up for perspective. Hypatia's is particularly bad. Going to redo that one.

Shady3011Hat.png
    PizzleStixxHat.jpg
    HypatiaHat.jpg
    AaronKIHat.gif

More will come later.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Excellent! This will be my third year. I usually lurk the PA forums and don't post too much but I absolutely love this time of the year and the sense of community. I also try to post more around this time so my Santa has something to stalk!

If anyone could Santa-hat my avatar up I'd appreciate it as well!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Santa-hatting is fun!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Oh man. Santa hatting has begun? So awesome.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    JAEF wrote:
    Oh yes! I'll be sending my sign up PMlater today, but take it as read:
    I AM SOOOO IN!!!!!
    Cue the flood of signups desperate for a legendary LPM painting.

You're doing it wrong. The goal is to get LPM and send her a painting. :)

And it is awesome!!!!

• Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Awsome, thanks ArcSyn. I didn't have a hatted version for the new forum resolution yet.

The Bee wanted in on the fun too:
    1Ar1z.gif

soempty.jpg
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    Santabee!

Signed up! I look forward to this every year. Stalking post will follow when I have some time.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I signed up. I'm excited!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    I'm in once again. I love watching these threads so much.

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    I'm in like Flint. Or Flynn...or however that saying goes.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I feel like I should change my avatar just so I can rock a new hat

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    I'd like to make a hat request!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I'm in like Ray... man. I've got the rayman games soundtrack on and I'm not feeling very creative. Sue me.

Also JHunz, thanks a ton again for those books you sent me last year. Finished reading Mistborn and freaking loved it. Then proceeded to get more Brandon Sanderson books and what have you done to me!?

EDIT: Also predicting many "I never asked for this" jokes.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Signed up, even though I really hope I don't get an international Santee. My wallet won't be able to take it.

Also, my Like/Dislike post is here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/20781307#Comment_20781307

And that, along with my Amazon wishlist, are in my sig.

• Options
    ConnoQuicksilverConnoQuicksilver Current blackout status: Mass Effect 3, Batman: AC Athens. GreeceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2011
    In, in, like Huckleberry Finn!
    I'm a virgin in such matters (first Secret Santa EVER, not just in PA). Is goat dung a good gift for total strangers? Even if they are trained in the dark arts of internet stalking?
    How about some stale chicken legs? I think I have a few left over...

Looking for tips & suggestions? Clicky-clicky!
    So, need some general pointers for your lovely Santee from an exotic faraway place? Start here!

BUT ONLY if your stalking skills are poor or you're out of ideas. I mean, Secret Santa is about getting crazy gifts you would never get by yourself, right? Surprise me, getting a laugh out of weird stuff is the point here!

Also note that getting me anything more than $50 will make me VERY EMBARRASSED. No, seriously. This isn't some reverse-psychology thing to make you feel guilty. Symbolic gifts people, no consoles or other crazy stuff please.

Wishlist follows! Be warned!
    So, I've just moved into my new home. Being a single bachelor, I would LOVE any geeky ornaments! Posters, plushies, figurines, all welcome. LEGO too!

I'm a big foodie too, so FEED ME! Send me any weird local tastes like maple syrup, hot sauces, stuff that I'll cook and make my friends ask "WTF am I eating here?" And chocolate! Send me your local cocoa-based confectionaries!

(No Marmite please. I've tried it. Ew.)

Games? PC only, I don't have any consoles or handhelds, so head over to my Steam profile and see what's on sale! (Don't you dare gift me anything that isn't on sale.) Just leave out any multi-player or MMO games and I'll be more than happy.

Books? Dead-tree stuff only, I love stacking bounded paper things on my IKEA, first thing I bought for the house was three bookshelves for half my books. ANY subject is welcome, except zombies and comics. Here's my Amazon wishlist if you're unsure, but really, I'm an obsessive reader, I'll read ANYTHING, even bleach bottle labels.

If you're thinking about clothes, I'm a size L (Medium for US stuff... yeah, Yanks are "big-boned").
    Finally, delivery details. Public mail is preferable (like USPS or Royal Mail), otherwise UPS and DHL is OK but you might need to send your stuff to my work address and provide my phone number for confirmation. Have Proxy the Elf ask me for details!

That's it I guess! Thanks Santa, I promise I'll make a fantastic GIFT GET post once your stuff arrives! Merry Christmas!

ConnoQuicksilver on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm all in. What'chu got?

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    urahonky wrote:
    Your gift this year will be 5 years worth of time cards for WoW.

Enjoy.

Forever.

JAEF on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote:
    urahonky wrote:
    Your gift this year will be 5 years worth of time cards for WoW.

Enjoy.

Forever.

My tears will surely sustain you for the 5 years.

• Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    Signed up! For the first time. EXCITE.

www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Signed up and I am psyched.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Huzzah, I have the budget to do this again this year! PM sent!

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Yay, now I'm official...
    Santees now? :)

Edit: Anyone up for christmasing up a sports team logo?...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    Dear sweet Christmasy friends,

PROXY IS HERE!
    I should like to make it known to my friendly Christmas Donkeys that, should they require assistance, Proxy is here to help!
    Proxy is good at pressing keys such as: Control. C. V. And sometimes backspace.
    Also, Proxy loves spreading cheer around the world! Mostly through interweb whispers...

So if anyone needs, for example, a message sent to or question asked of their Santee, but certainly does not wish their identity known, Proxy is the Elf for them!
    All you need to do is PM proxy!
    Include the Santee's OFFICIAL forum name first, then maybe a couple carriage returns, and then the message you wish them sent.
    USE CAREFUL LANGUAGE, THIS MESSAGE WILL BE COPY AND PASTED!! (Proxy does look these things over, so if you maybe forgot something Proxy may help you out a bit)
    Proxy will send a PM to your Santee and then reply you a PM when a response is received!
    So easy!

Here's wishing everyone an OVER 9000 CHRISTMAS!!!

PS- Hypatia, feel free to add such cheer to the OP if there is room. :)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Hurray! Proxy the Elf is here! Proxy can I get an autograph and maybe a picture?

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Haha

I signed up, and a few hours later my client sends me an early payment. I am going to stalk my Santee so hard

• Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote:
    I'm in like Ray... man. I've got the rayman games soundtrack on and I'm not feeling very creative. Sue me.

Also JHunz, thanks a ton again for those books you sent me last year. Finished reading Mistborn and freaking loved it. Then proceeded to get more Brandon Sanderson books and what have you done to me!?

EDIT: Also predicting many "I never asked for this" jokes.

Oh hey, it's good to have follow-up :) I always seem to end up throwing in some gay books, I'm glad to hear I picked the right ones for you.

bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    /Signed. I do these on reddit all the damn time and love it. I'm gonna gift the SHIT outta someone

BradicusMaximus on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Just signed up. Be warned that instead of my cat checking out the presents I will be sending in my quadruplets. Not sure if that's good or bad for you guys, but if I am getting presents then they're getting an opportunity to be famous on the Internet!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Signing up again, yeah! I should start speccing out my Amazon wishlist.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Oh hell YEAH I love this time of year! :D I'll be at work this Christmas so I hope I'm able to open my PA SS gift on the day while I'm slaving away, to bring in some welcome cheer

Better get started on brushing up my stalking skills, let me just select a random person from the list... muahaha

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I love the stalking part of this! I know it's probably wrong to enjoy it, and it may well make me sound weird, but it's such good fun, specially when I can track down their friends and family through FB and get really good ideas off them! Roll on November when I can start!