As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Attendees Map and Find Other People in Your Location (Submissions Closed)

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    Added.
    i'm the only one where i'm from... for now. a couple PAXers flew out from Grand Rapids last year though. :]

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Lokiale wrote:
    I know that feel, bro. Getting away from the nothingness is just one of the awesome things about PAX. :D

I can't imagine how lonely it gets on Mars. It's awesome you can space charter to PAX East.

Yeah, but I get to be king since I'm the only one here. It's all good.
    Sounds like a rough drive to do solo though. Not even really a place to get out and stretch your legs. And who do you get to watch the house while your gone?

1tLJUH2O.png
  • mgriff3456mgriff3456 Registered User regular
    I added myself. I'm coming from near Philly and probably arriving by megabus.

• MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    I'm currently residing in Rochester NY, where taxes are high but it's great wine and apple country. Now it's your turn.

OH HEY. You're relatively close to me. What do ya know. :D

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • BostonPokeBostonPoke Registered User regular
    Tinkster wrote:
    Oklahoma is so empty...

I suppose I could put a 1999 starting point on OKC and just call it a 12 year old open ended flight (or a really really long layover)

• MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I added my name. I am a one man wolf pack.

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    Lokiale wrote:
    I know that feel, bro. Getting away from the nothingness is just one of the awesome things about PAX. :D

I can't imagine how lonely it gets on Mars. It's awesome you can space charter to PAX East.

We need to meet up at PAX so I can say I met the king of mars. My handle is @Trandescent on twitter if you'd be so kind as to send me a message so I can follow ya'

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    Lokiale wrote:

We need to meet up at PAX so I can say I met the king of mars. My handle is @Trandescent on twitter if you'd be so kind as to send me a message so I can follow ya'

My twitter handle is in my sig. Hope you like profanity.

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Added myself, currently the only person from the UK going apparently :P

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    I'm sure that will change over time.

E6LkoFK.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moocifer wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    I'm currently residing in Rochester NY, where taxes are high but it's great wine and apple country. Now it's your turn.

lol I suppose relatively yes, considering the overall distance to pax ;)

• AngrypastaAngrypasta Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

Woo! Go go gadget Western/Central/Southern Tier, NY!

• MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote:

I'm HOPING to be spending a week with a friend in Philly before PAX. She might be coming to Boston with me.. and if everything works out, we'll be taking the megabus! She recently told me about the awesome prices. I highly approve.
    Angrypasta wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

YES. We come from the land of the ice and snow!

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
    Moocifer wrote:

I'm HOPING to be spending a week with a friend in Philly before PAX. She might be coming to Boston with me.. and if everything works out, we'll be taking the megabus! She recently told me about the awesome prices. I highly approve.

Yes, me and my friends last year got round trip from Philly to Boston for only $15. It was an amazing deal and the buses are nice to. They have free wifi on them so it really helped to pass the time while on the bus.

• RachelkittenRachelkitten PMS_KTN Broomfield, CORegistered User regular
    Added, only one from CO. Bringing about a group of 6.

Pax East 2012 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accomodations [X] Travel [X] Time Off [X]
    Twitter: KTNPWNS_PMS
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Angrypasta wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

Hooray for Team Hoth!

antherem on
  • dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    mgriff3456 wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:

Yes, me and my friends last year got round trip from Philly to Boston for only $15. It was an amazing deal and the buses are nice to. They have free wifi on them so it really helped to pass the time while on the bus.
    Can I ask what day and times you rode? I've been looking at all the Sunday 4:15PM return trips but they are always over $30. The midnight Thursday night bus ride up looks doable at $5/person though.

antherem wrote:
    Angrypasta wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

Hooray for Team Hoth!

That is a fantastic name

Um last year we left from Philly early Thursday morning probably around 8amish and I think that was like $5. We left Boston at around midnightish on sunday night (technically Monday) and I think that was likr $10.

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    YAY, first to pin down in Montreal :-)

• bushnrvnbushnrvn Registered User regular
    Last year I drove from Indiana. That was ridiculous. Flying out of Nashville this time.

PAX Prime 2013 checklist: 4 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X]
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Kiki_lou wrote:

Ah Hem...
    Yeah yeah, I know Brossard does not count as Montreal, but damn we live close...

Edit: Wait a minute, someone moved me out to New Brunswick? Fixed :)

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • TrionTrion Registered User regular
    First in Connecticut.

foreveralone.jpg

Hey! You're in Plainfield. I grew up there!

• bushisprezbushisprez Registered User regular
    Shall be making my second trip again. Totally missed the first day at East 2011 on an overpriced 3 day pass from ebay (legit) and some swag, panels, and retro consoles :< Looking forward to being even more prepared since I may be traveling with a group this time and not last minute which should be a magical weekend.

[x] Hotel booked
    [x] Ride Booked
    [x] 3-day Pass
    Will be more prepared than ever for the show than the previous year. XP!!!!!
  • Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote:
    Kiki_lou wrote:

Ah Hem...
    Yeah yeah, I know Brossard does not count as Montreal, but damn we live close...

LOL, well then first in Montreal but not first in the General area of Montreal :-)

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Kiki_lou wrote:
    Frugus wrote:
    Kiki_lou wrote:

Ah Hem...

LOL, well then first in Montreal but not first in the General area of Montreal :-)

You still win, Montreal is awesome. I hear there's a good number of PAXers right around us too.

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Apparently I'm the only person on the map so far taking the Metal Gear Line.

Durinthal on
  • Andrew TatroAndrew Tatro Registered User regular
    Huh. Apparently one of y'all lives about three minutes away from me and I didn't know. This would be less interesting if I was in an urban area, but in the wilds of Western MA it's a different story altogether.

edited October 2011
    Stupid Google+, now I can't put a marker on there without having it show my real name. :( Driving from upstate NY. Team Hoth!

Edit: removing "Nickname" from your Google profile fixes this

antherem on
    antherem wrote:
    Stupid Google+, now I can't put a marker on there without having it show my real name. :( Driving from upstate NY. Team Hoth!

I have google+ and it doesn't show *my* real name. Must be some setting somewhere. Do you have a "google profile" still from the google buzz project? that might be it.

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Added myself and the couple I'll be sharing a hotel room with.

JfqWFk8.png
    zerzhul wrote:
    antherem wrote:

I have google+ and it doesn't show *my* real name. Must be some setting somewhere. Do you have a "google profile" still from the google buzz project? that might be it.

That must have been it, I had a "nickname" that was my real name and it was using that for some reason. Probably a remnant of some other Google social service. Got rid of it and now I can anonymously place placemarks, yay. Thanks!

• RyakenRyaken Registered User regular
    aaand added. Now I just have to make sure I have enough money to eat for the weekend haha

• MasterRokkuMasterRokku Registered User regular
    Looks like I'm the 2nd one in the Milwaukee area...I'll be flying, way to far to drive!

PAX South Status: [x] Room @ The Marriot - [x] 3 day pass - [x] Vacation scheduled
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Added myself. I'll be driving from Rochester on Thursday.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • CloudwalkerCloudwalker Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote:
    Added myself, currently the only person from the UK going apparently :P

Now there are two of us!

Token Scottish guy.

Google+ | Twitter
  • griff6659griff6659 Syracuse , NYRegistered User regular
    Moocifer wrote:
    mgriff3456 wrote:

Angrypasta wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

You guys think you get snow! Come to the Oswego, NY area! My group will be representing the 'CUSE I guess!

Well, that is a thing!

PAX East 2014:
    Hotel [x] Transportaion [Driving] Passes [x] Challenge Coin [Soon]

• KorvasKorvas Registered User regular
    Just put myself up there.. I don't know who placemarker 96 is but we are really close to each other... lol unless that was just put there on accident....

griff6659 wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:
    mgriff3456 wrote:

Angrypasta wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:
    Moocifer wrote:
    zerzhul wrote:

You guys think you get snow! Come to the Oswego, NY area! My group will be representing the 'CUSE I guess!

I'm from just south of Erie, PA originally. </snow debate>

Regardless of who gets more snow from year to year, we can all take solace in the fact that we share each other's pain. Each winter we can wonder if it's Syracuse, Buffalo, or Erie that will come out on top and yet we all know that everyone's thinking "DAMNIT THESE OTHER WINTER DRIVERS SUCK!"

Korvas wrote:
    Just put myself up there.. I don't know who placemarker 96 is but we are really close to each other... lol unless that was just put there on accident....

It's either an accident or someone that didn't follow the directions :)

I've been deleting placemarks that have no info, and changing icons when people leave the default.